[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (504 KB, 1189x761)
504 KB
504 KB PNG
I'm thinking about finally upgrading from a 2008 Camry to a Tesla ModelY.

Does anyone have the scoop on when the refresh is happening?
Will I regret it if I just pull the pin now?
>>
>>27832768
>tesla that isn't x or s
It's a shitbox m8
>would YOU pay 40 grand for a shitbox you can't even wrench on?
>>
>>27832768
The refresh is either next year or the year after. I'm not certain but it is their best selling vehicle and it's been a while. You can just go take a test drive for free BTW. They let you drive it for an hour. The refresh will be in high demand, so you'll have to wait months and Tesla might charge more for it.

Ignore retards like this guy >>27832974. He's just upset that Tesla singlehandedly convinced the entire auto industry and governments that we can get rid of ICEVs within a decade.
>>
File: 1720841412954387.png (2.58 MB, 2832x1514)
2.58 MB
2.58 MB PNG
>>27832768
>>27833050
Post car hand id EV trannoid shills
>>
>>27832768
Next year. They're starting testing now.
>>
>>27832768
>going from god tier nippon camry to electro shitbox

You meant downgrade
>>
>>27833236
Came here to post this
Happy to see other patricians still walking gods green earth
>>
It's coming probably after a year. I would wait until then, since Tesla refreshes are years apart and if you get the new refresh your car will look [CurrentYear] for about a decade
>>
>>27832768
I have a model y. I really like it but you need to make sure you manage your expectations before buying.

1. Its not a "drivers" car, its an amazing A to B/road trip car.

2. If you dont have a dedicated charger at your house dont bother. Being beholden to super chargers all the time WILL get annoying.

3. The fast acceleration is great and never gets old

4. If you use your phone as your key the app can be a bit slow causing you to need to close the tesla app and reopen it.

5. The buying experience is god-tier. Order/buy your car online, wait for the phone call, pick up your car and be on your way. No waiting at a dealership for 7 hours while they try to figure out a way to fuck you out of more money.

6. Range anxiety is not a thing. If you are plugging in at night its never an issue and if you drive like a normal person you get better range that any car aside from a prius thats hyper mileing.

7. I prefer to only charge my battery to 80% and only fully charge if i know im going on a roadtrip.

ive had mine for 2 years now, if i was in the market for another car i would get another one.
>>
>>27833499

8. That eery feeling in the back of your head that your car could explode into an unstoppable battery fire at any time is really exciting.

9. All the boy at the IPA-drinkers meet up can't stop complimenting you.
>>
File: 1705044417445774.webm (2.9 MB, 568x320)
2.9 MB
2.9 MB WEBM
>>27833503
Yeah, it's great not to have to worry about the car catching fire. Always scared of that when driving my old rube goldberg machine.
>>
>>27833499
All that is fair, though the dealership thing comes with a caveat - you are paying full price for the Tesla, no matter what, and you will never receive a discount (tax rebate) you wouldn't also receive at a dealership
>>
>>27833574
>>27833499
also, 7 hours at a dealership (an extreme, shit credit estimate) is usually less time waiting than waiting over a day for a car you've never seen before
>>
File: 1721718844499667.png (423 KB, 1455x1150)
423 KB
423 KB PNG
>>27833566
LOL
>>
File: 1720529707750259.webm (3.97 MB, 1708x966)
3.97 MB
3.97 MB WEBM
>>27833566
Lmao
>>
>>27833574
i got a 12k credit when i got mine. and with stealership markups today, you are not walking away with a discount from a dealer
>>
>>27832768
Refresh being tested. Probably will be released next year. Possibly a performance model refresh first.
>>
>>27833579
Sorry, you aren't convincing anyone that any dealership is better than Tesla. You get to test drive the vehicle, and then when a new one is delivered you can fully go over it before deciding whether or not to accept it.
>>
>>27833499
>1. Its not a "drivers" car
Its a SUV. Not an enthusiasts weekend race car. LMAO.
>>
>>27832768
>upgrading
anon an upgrade would be to a 340i or 440i
>>
>>27832768
If think about regretting the purchase even before you have driven them at all maybe keep the camry and rent a tesla for week to see how it fits your lifestyle.
>>
I bought one this year exactly because it has not been refreshed and still has the stalks.
Refresh will probably arrive early 2025.
>>
>>27832768
Go for the 3 and save yourself some cash. Also get a operational lease on a slightly used one, it's cheaper than being hit by the depreciation when you'll try to sell it.
>>
>>27832974
Model 3 is like 25k here in Colorado.
>>
>>27833499
A few additional notes.

> Tesla arguably has the best value base model and worst value additional trim levels. Consider skipping anything beyond long range RWD.

> Tesla paint is bad in all aspects: looks, options, quality and price. Wrap is considered a nearly mandatory if you don't want to go with the default white.
>>
Do you really need a model Y? The ride is slightly more stiff than a 3.

I bought a used 2020 model 3 performance two months ago and I don't have a charger at home, I charge at work and supplement with supercharging.

Pros
cheaper overall lifetime maintenance
full self driving & auto park
blending in with the California shitheads
offloads my 250mi weekly commute and regular driving off my 2008 Z4
I can actually hear most of my music vs road and engine noise
climate control from the phone app and other app features
nice acceleration
all the usual dealer software controls like brake actuation for bleeding are accessible on the touchscreen

Cons
Charging at work is equivalent to my region's gas at 60 mpg
I drive a Tesla
blending in with the California shitheads
watching Telsa drivers trying to park at the supercharger gives me a headache
driving the car gives no joy vs the fun I have even in commutes in the Z4
gay ass touch screen
>>
>>27832768
wow great another thread full of inexplicably positive marketing posts about faggy fucking teslas way to ruin the board
>>
>>27832768
This is by far the ugliest fucking "car" I see on the road today, and so unfortunately common as well.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.