[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_2666.jpg (314 KB, 1200x900)
314 KB
314 KB JPG
Will I regret buying this one over a raptor in the long run?
>>
>>27833077
Depends on why you bought it
If there was one perfect vehicle, that's all anybody would ever buy
>>
File: HOLDON.jpg (208 KB, 904x623)
208 KB
208 KB JPG
That's a 3/4 ton truck, it's not comparable to a Raptor. It's like asking if you should buy a Raptor or an El Camino. There's 2 other trucks in the Raptor's class, the TRX and Cybertruck. If you were looking at that thing I suppose you could cross shop it with the 2500 Ram Rebel, I don't think Ford really makes something comparable. The only reason to get a 3/4 ton is towing a lot (towing at least 50% of the trucks capacity regularly). Otherwise, you don't want one, they ride like shit and obviously have horrendous fuel economy. t. owns a truck in both classes. I have the 3/4 ton Ram because I tow while also having a 4WheelCamper so it can't really be done with a 1/2 ton. The factory offroad packages for 3/4 tons are also normally dumb, you give up a lot of the tow capacity back. I bought a standard truck, kept the rear suspension stock (other than Fox dampers) so towing wasn't affected, and put a Thuren kit in the front and AEV bumpers on it.
>>
>>27833091
It drove better than a raptor. I don’t actually do truck stuff other than heading innawoods.
>>
>>27833107
the hummer competes directly with the raptor and TRX
>>
>>27833108
Then it suits your use case. There should be no regret if it does what you want it to do.
>>
>>27833107
I’d call a 250 tremor a pretty good comparison to a rebel. Ford probably beats it though since you can get a powerstroke in the tremor.
>>
>>27833077
a 2500 HD wont be a good offroader, its too heavy and too big. its fine for 2 track roads or gravel but a HD like that will really excel more at towing and hauling than going offroad

a 6.2 1500 AT4X (or ZR2) seems like the perfect combination of power, offroad capability, size, towing capacity, and cargo room. its not going to do high speed baja stuff like the raptor and TRX but it will hold its own on most trails. If you want a raptor, but want a V8, and arent willing to spend $140k for an R, and arent planning to do runs in the desert this is the perfect truck.

if you dont need to tow, seriously consider the colorado ZR2 bison. its wheelbase is perfect for crawling over rocks and nasty terrain. plus it has factory 35s with front and rear lockers.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.