[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_1198.jpg (174 KB, 736x920)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
Currently looking for used cars. The vehicles I’m interested in are Honda CRV’s and Toyota RAV-4’s with low mileage for the year. Really trying to find one owner cars in very good to excellent condition. My problem is that all the low mileage cars I’m finding are being sold by Mexicans. Is this because Mexicans sit on marketplace all day trying to buy and resell these cars or are they turning back odometers? I don’t want to buy from a Mexican either way. I’ve been looking for over a month now and this is extremely frustrating.
>>
>>27833895
>i want a used car
>a low mileage honda/toyota
>it has to be absolutely mint
>won’t purchase from (x) people
in this day and age, you’re asking to find a unicorn. if you want a low mileage car with ZERO NOTICEABLE PROBLEMS then you need to pay the retard (sucker) tax a car like that will come with you’re better off leasing a newer car instead.
>>
>>27833895
>I don’t want to buy from a Mexican
We take care of our cars better than gringos though
>>
>>27834069
the only ones that "take car of their cars" are drug dealers who have enough money to have someone else do all the work, actual beaners drive piece of shit turd gen chevy trucks and just fix shit after it breaks.
>>
>>27834069
LOL
>>
>>27834029
Low mileage for the year as in 10-12k. Do people not drive average amounts and keep their vehicles in good condition? If I’m looking at a 2016 Honda crv I want it to have around 90k miles and not have a ton of damage to the exterior or interior. It’s really not asking much for a pre owned car. I won’t buy from Mexicans because I don’t trust them not to fuck with the car and put auto zone parts on it.
>>
Unfortunately I’m probably going to have to buy from a dealer to get a nice trade in. Hopefully I can negotiate a fair price.
>>
>>27833895
The original owner traded it in for a new car and then someone bought it 2nd hand then they sold it to Mexican car flippers. Most People arent keeping well maintained cars for 20 years and selling them for $1000 anymore, and most of the population is Mexican/indian now
>>
File: 1718724585480768.png (105 KB, 289x197)
105 KB
105 KB PNG
>>27833895
im mexican and bought from a mexican used car dealer
but of course i made sure the guy was honest, i met his mother, his family, had some beers, a BBQ
then after about a month he hooked me up with a car with a single owner and 60k miles on it

maybe you should be less racist and more of a chill guy and ask them for a beer
a little goes a long way amigo
>>
>>27833895
CRV's are the worst crossover on the market by far so it's just best to avoid them entirely.
>>
>>27834747
why are mexcrements so insecure
it can't be the height, there's tons of short white dudes who are normal
it can't be the fat, fat black dudes are chill and funny as fuck
what is it with them
>>
>>27834747
Yeah or you could all just go back to your own country with your spicmobiles.
>>
>>27833895
Just buy a new one. You're going to drive it forever anyways.
>>
>>27833895
I bought a used crv from a reputable honda dealer after searching facebook and craigslist for months. Had the same problem. Bean mobiles, hustlas, and fat white trash selling sketchy shit. Talked the dealer down to blue book value and paid cash. Worth the peace of mind to get a clean title. Plus they do the tag and title transfer for me.
>>
>>27834751
what kind of crack are you smoking?
>>
>>27834747
Do you listen to mariachi music?
>>
>>27834747
mexicans make fun of gringos tho
>>
>>27835226
Drive one then look up all the issues with them. People only say they're good because they're stuck in a lease cycle.
>>
>>27835359
nah that's just banter, lighen up holmes
>>
>>27833895
>Look for cheap cars.
>It's sold by cheap people.
My advice is don't waste your time, unless you like wasting money.
>>
>>27835966
I’m not looking for a cheap car my budget is 20,000. I just want to find the right car.
>>27835223
Yeah I’m probably going to have to buy from a dealer. I found a 2019 with the 2.4 naturally aspirated engine with 100k for 17 at a dealer but it already had a pending deal on it. Maybe they have bad credit and it’ll fall through. But that’s the first car I’ve seen that I actually wanted to make an offer on. Part of the problem is that the 1.5t Honda motors have problems with oil dilution and being 6’1 with long legs I don’t fit so comfortably in a rav 4. This excludes most of the nicer crv’s in my budget. It’s cold here and I make lots of short trips around town, don’t want a turbo. If that 1.5t motor didn’t exist I’d have bought one of the hundreds of 2017 and up crv’s already. Such a shame
>>
unironically just ask for the carfax and ask if you can check around the engine
if they seem sus and apprehensive then dont bother
honest dealers regardless of their race wont back out of a sale if they're honest about the car
>>
>>27833895
You can't mess with the odometer on newer cars. Just do your due diligence or buy from a respectable dealership.
>>
>>27833895
>Currently looking for used cars. The vehicles I’m interested in are Honda CRV’s and Toyota RAV-4’s with low mileage for the year.
Buy from a reputable dealer and look at less popular models that share drivetrains like Toyota Venzas. More price flexibility to negotiate with the dealer.
>>
File: carmy.jpg (451 KB, 1293x998)
451 KB
451 KB JPG
I got this used Camry for 17k, pic is before I cleaned it up. Interior is mint still.
>>
>>27836188
Your budget is reasonable as are your mileage expectations but you need to expand your search area and be prepared to jump on a plane to check it out and buy. You also might want to look at other similar compact utility vehicles, there’s a ton of rav4s and crvs in the market bit everyone thinks they’re made out of gold (also fuck that turbo engine in a cuv lol).
>>
>>27834069
The average Mexican doesn't make enough money to do regular preventive maintenance. They will fix it when it breaks, unironically.
>>
>>27834747
>im mexican and bought from a mexican
All of the other shit doesn't matter. You are brown and so he was so he offered you a fair deal. Brown Mexicans see güerito and they will try to rape their ass. As a Mexican of pure european descent and whiter skin than most SHITcanos, brown dealers have tried to apply the güerito tax to me and I speak fully native spanish. Fuck them.
>>
>>27833895
Just get an E39, E92, or LCI E90 already.
>>
>>27833895
>tfw just bought a 1 old lady owned 1998 corolla AKA GODMOBILE for 1800 with 200k miles, perfect interior, and just a bit of rust on the rear quarterpanels 2 days after crashing my beloved shitbox
>guy said he was selling it for some lady at his church because the engine was stuttering and the mechanic said it needed a tune up and a vacum leak fix
>runs good, everything works besides a door handle and the occasional stutter when taking off
>open up the hood and see the original 25 years of dirt and grime built up on the hood
>touch the spark plug wires and get shocked which confirms my suspicions, the spark plug wires are old as fuck and are arcing out
i feel so lucky i think i may have just won the lottery bros. i ordered some new plugs and wires and am gonna install them and see how she goes. i was specifically attracted to the listing because they said they prefer a call or text instead of using facebook messenger, wasn't trying to deal with someone younger from my generation because most of them don't care or know about maintenance and are wiggers. supposedly i was the first person out of 40 people who wasn't acting like a nigger and lowballing him for 300. stick it out OP, you'll find something. make sure to check all avenues.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.