[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: kothelco.jpg (50 KB, 640x480)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
hey hey tards. wondering if anybody here has experience with sticky valves on old chevs. the ones in my el camino are doing just that. tomorrow im gonna pick up an assortment of treatments and shit to put in the gas and oil and on the valve stems. wanted to know if any of you guys have had dealt with anything similar
>>
>>27835067
Just pop the intake off and check em out directly. Takes like 10 minutes on a sbc.
>>
yeah
>>
1 quart of marvel mystery oil in the crankcase
>>
>>27835075
i swapped it in after my original 305 fried, and the valves then had carbon on them but it wasnt that bad. engines only had a couple of hours of run time since,
>>
>>27835081
thats part of the chemical cocktail i plan on putting in it lol
>>
File: kano kreen.jpg (115 KB, 600x600)
115 KB
115 KB JPG
>>27835081
This, if you're feeling "premium" you can use Kano Kreen as it's similar, but a stronger commercial product that you can't buy off the shelf.
>>
>>27835067
The rocker studs are pressed in and creep out after a while. Replace with screw in studs.
>>
File: fel-ss10058_xl.jpg (55 KB, 870x900)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
Run caustic chemicals through there and dissolve whats left of the valve guide seals. Probably already old, dry and cracked. Might just want to pull the heads and clean them up.
>>
>>27835067
If they've been sticking since you dropped it in the car, then yeah, the chemical cocktail might do it. If it was running fine and now it's sticking - like other anon said, you might wanna pull the manifold and get a look at everything.
>>
>>27835067
It's a 350, slam some treatment in there and give her the old Italian tune up, change oil and filter, go do it again and run her hard. Problem solved.
>>
>>27835067
Gasoline, MEK, >>27835112 this.
>>
>>27835067
You need to tap them with a hammer and pb blaster until you work them loose like all those fat neckbeard junkyard videos
>>
>>27838473
Pretty sure OP has lifters that aren't pumping up due to sludge buildup and less than adequate oil volume moving through them, not actual valves sticking.
>>
>>27835067
>sticking lifters
no, wait
>sticky valves
Describe the symptoms please.
>>
>>27836371
>enough 350s to encircle the equator times six.
>one per city block remains.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.