[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1721797362740.jpg (519 KB, 960x960)
519 KB
519 KB JPG
>Be me
>Califag
>Buy Honda elite 150 from some undocumented guy
>0 paperwork, hasn't been registered for at least 20 years
>He just rode it to get beer
I don't want to register it either. I just want to go on joyrides with it, but I'm not as ballsy.
What do?
>>
The solution is to always have a six pack on you and if you somehow get pulled over just say "idk my friend let me borrow it to get this beer he's gonna be pissed" if asked for documents and they probably won't fuck with you.
>>
>>27835443
does CA allow unregistered mopeds? Just put 50cc decals on it or something
>>
>>27835443
There is no escape anon.
You VILL eat ze bugs!
You VILL own nothing
You VILL be happy!
>>
Just send it.

Nobody will notice.
>>
>>27836023
Should I ride with or without plates? And should I put a fake registration sticker on there?
>>
>>27836100
get a "moped" plate like the crackheads do
>>
>>27835443
Are you in an uptight area, a valley favela or somewhere rural? You can probably get away with it unless you live in the uptight area or one of the cities. Everywhere else may as well be the wild west.
>>
>>27836100
Just don't let a cop drive behind you. They have to first be in a position long enough to notice the expired registration.

>T. Driving unregistered Miata for 4 years with out of state plates.
>>
>>27835456
anything with an engine in california needs registration and a valid vin. some homemade shit is outright illegal.
the registration fees are like $160 even if its junk OP posted
>>
>>27836116
Eh, more of a suburb, i'd say we're somewhere in between uptight and lawless.
>>
>>27836277
Sounds like a "rural" suburb, practice caution
>>
>>27835443
I folded and went to try and register it/transfer title.... It owes 900$.
...I'll just ride it unregistered. fuck this and fuck that seller.
>>
>>27836245
Can confirm. I just non-opp some of my bikes since the reg is stupid and annoying.
>>27836454
yup. I got some cheap bikes a while ago and had to pay 800 for one and 600 for another in back fees.
At least the bikes were so cheap it was worthwhile for me.

God please smite this state
>>
>>27836454
You live in California where burger flippers wipe their ass with $900.
>>
>>27836464
Shut up busrider, I'm not paying 900 for a piece of shit bike I got for 200.
>>
>>27836498
Kek, sell me that scooter then you're just gonna end up leaving it in a tow yard to rot after getting caught up anyway.
>>
>>27836511
500 and it's yours.
>>
>>27836517
Drive it to me in Texas and we got a deal.
>>
>>27836532
On my way. Get the warming KY this time.
>>
You live in one of the few states that barely bothers to enforce the law and you are worried about law?
>>
>>27836454
Cali is so fucking weird how they can charge you for back fees when it wasn’t even your vehicle
What a fucking shit hole of a state
>>
>>27836681
How viable is switching out vin numbers and where would one get said vin numbers?
>>
>>27836454
>I folded and went to try and register it/transfer title.... It owes 900$.
I'm pretty sure registering it under a Montana LLC costs less than that.
>>
>>27836681
I wonder what's the reasoning behind it.
You legally can't drive without registration, so not registering your car should mean you're not driving it. So why would you stack permission-to-drive fees on a car that's not being driven. Why should a driver have to manually non-op it?
Why, huh? Why?!
WHY!?!?!
>>
>>27837051
Please elaborate, anon.
>>
>>27836681
>>27836681
At least in Oregon where I'm from, if you say it wasn't driven/in storage or are transferring the title and ask nicely they'll waive the past reg fees. Wouldn't hurt to try that.
>>
>>27837037
You’d have to buy one that has a title then cut it off and weld it onto the old one
If you got a new one that has a title why even bother?
Also, that’s probably illegal
>>
>>27836454
What the fuck do you expect living in Cali and buying from a fucking illegal?
>>
>>27837057
Because sacramento has to wring every last penny they can from it's subjects
>>
>>27835443
Who gives a shit? Just ride it and let the cops steal it to give to their kids, if they bust you. You ain’t gonna go to prison. I’ve towed cars with ropes and rode motorcycles without pipes in California and I’m drunk all the time. Cops have bigger fish to fry around here.
>>
>>27835443
>I don't want to register it either. I just want to go on joyrides with it, but I'm not as ballsy.
>What do?
grow some balls
>>
>>27836215
Out of state is usually the move. Not paying registration is essentially tax evasion, but if it looks like the taxes you're evading would not go to their boss anyway they're less likely to care.
>>
>>27837228
Realistically, yeah. I'd lose a lot less just getting it impounded and never seeing it again... But would I run into any legal trouble if this were to happen? I'd rather not have anything on my record.
>>
>>27837057
Because they can get away with it.
>>
>>27837057
because the government is filled with parasites. especially in california
>>
>>27836681
I did a little bit of research and apparently if you didn't know about the fees or were blindsided by them, you can ask to waive them. not sure if this will apply to this bike because they're so high, but I'll look into it.
>>
>>27837268
California is literally hell on earth, why do you think more people leave than come?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.