[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Sup /o/, here's the deal, I'm tired of sleeping in the back of my current car when I camp (don't like tents) and what I want doesn't exist anymore (Single cab light/midsize truck with long (7 ft + bed). In a perfect world, I'd want a car that:

>Does really well in heavy snow with good tires (I drive snowy roads up steep mountains often)
>Is small enough to fit in a parking spot and can be manuevered fairly easily
>is reliable and will last a long time
>is something I can sleep in comfortably at 1.96 meters tall or 6'4 american (I am American)

Don't care too much about gas mileage, but not interested in a stupidly gas guzzling vehicle

I don't really care about looks too much past that, and it seems like what I'm after is an extra cab 3rd gen tacoma that has a 6 ft bed to sleep in, but I'm open to other options. Any advice on other cars I should look at/should I look at a 4WD minivan perhaps?

Pic related is kind of what I'm hoping to end up with, but I'm just thinking about options, ideally no more than 40k
>>
>>27835536
Buy a subaru and embrace your inner gayness
>>
>>27835536
awd minivan was what I was thinking
>>
>>27835536
>2006 GMC canyon longbed
Thank me l8r
>>
>>27836264
>Gms worst engines
>Still gets worse mileage than a full-size v8
Yeah nah
>>
I'd go AWD minivan if my concern wasn't deep deep snow, and as much as I love the idea of a lifted minivan, I feel like that might be less practical than I'd like
>>
File: 1693937262896948.jpg (363 KB, 1000x667)
363 KB
363 KB JPG
>>27835536
Toyota HiAce

https://www.japaneseclassics.com/vehicle/1994-toyota-hiace-super-custom-2/
>>
if it has to be a toyota pickup, I would go T100 with the 3.4l or first Gen tundra with the v8.
>>
File: 1693764464769764.jpg (23 KB, 320x320)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
>>27835536
>I'm tired of sleeping in the back of my current car when I camp
How do you get into this as a cityfag? I live in LA and really want to go camping just by myself but admittedly being myself in an environment i dont know much about is intimidating
>>
>>27839370
it's spooky at first, but you get used to it. also, stay strapped.
>>
>>27835536
Subaru Outback or Golf Alltrack if you want a stickshift.
>>
File: 1721955149047.jpg (1.02 MB, 1008x1792)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB JPG
It is. I have a 2nd gen taco, 6spd, with access cab and 6ft long bed. I've camped in it multiple times, taken it from coast to coast while sleeping in the bed, camped at the top of mountains, and have survived -40c in it. Love me truck and only cost me 11k at the height of covid + 2k in new clutch and coilovers

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.