[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_8708.jpg (667 KB, 1125x1511)
667 KB
667 KB JPG
I always associated this car with rich people.
>>
>2 years wage
>cheap
kys
>>
>>27835922
If you think $22k for a car is expensive then I don't know what to tell you.
>>
Because they are ungodly unreliable. Even the automotive media couldn't hide or forgive it.
>>
>>27835929
That's Corvette money what are you doing looking at 2 liter compact economy cars
>>
lol I remember when all the “enthusiasts “ were shilling this piece of shit. It’s cheap because it’s an Italian car, which means it’s a ticking time bomb waiting to pop.
>>
>>27835913
really? I had a Spyder back in high school and I bought it with money from my first job
>>
>>27835913
It's literally a fiat shitbox
2 years is ancient for them
It should not cost more than 30k brand new
>>
>>27835913
It's an EV, right? Only they lose value so fast.
>>
>>27835975
>268hp 2L I4
Anon learn 2 read
>>
>>27835913
>terrible dealership network
>terrible parts availability
>few specialty independent shops for Italian cars
>no brand recognition
mine has been reliable so far but I understand why normies stay away from them
>>
>>27836001
Dealer should learn to read too, the actual published and government acknowledged output is 280hp
>>27835913
How's the vehicle history?
>>
File: 878.jpg (303 KB, 870x1161)
303 KB
303 KB JPG
seems about right desu
>>
>>27836118
Can you fix the parts issues somewhat with aftermarket replacements? (i'm guessing there's 0 aftermarket) or buy parts from the dealers online and just do repairs at an independent shop?
I was thinking of buying one because it has good suspension and 4 doors, and like another anon mentioned, they're cheap but seem to be mostly built well.
>>
>>27835913
>2L i4
Nice disposable econobox
>>
>>27835913
The warranty just ran out

>>27835922
you making 11k a year? grim
>>
>>27836164
there is a decent selection of maintenence parts for the base Giulias on Rockauto, you will have better luck buying from there and wrenching yourself than trusting an independent shop to do anything correctly
In general I don't think the Giulia is more difficult than any other modern car for an enthusiast to own
>>
>>27836200
AlfaODB and an old beater laptop gets you a good diag tool.

Cheap factory service data:
https://www.factory-manual.com/2021-alfa-romeo-giulia-repair-manual-1054.html
>>
>>27835913
Oil changes are pita because you have a giant board you have to undo like 15 bolts in order to gain access.
>>
>>27835930
What are the known issues? I know the pre-2019s had electrical gremlins but I haven't heard anything major about the newer ones.
>>
>>27836131
no but you see that's an italian car
>>
>3 years old vauxhall insignia
>>
>>27836606
Thats bad as americans can only count into ten, and only into five with a wrench on hand
>>
>>27836131
All of those have significantly more miles and seem worse equipped overall.
>>
>>27835913
They have a reputation of being unreliable cause >Italian car but it's a little over blown
>>
>>27836805
The 3 series is more expensive than the guilia new
The base guilia is $42k the base 330i is $45k
>>
>>27836918
The one OP posted is not the base trim, it's the Veloce. More power, AWD and it's also a well speced version. Panoramic sunroof, Ti body kit, leather.
You don't seem to know your cars, at least european ones. Which is fine, as I'm not that familiar with american cars.
>>
The green one is pretty 'spensive.
>>
>>27835944
Goddamn tho the red with the gunmetal wheels they have with those “o” shapes in the rim look real nice on the back of a flatbed tow truck.
>>
>>27836128
>Dealer should learn to read too
>CarGurus
How new are you?
>>
>>27835913
>Why are they so cheap?

You need new wiper blades.....that will be $3000.
>>
>>27837297
Cargurus scrape from dealer sites, it's not a private listing.
>>27836918
>base to base
fuck off or post spec to spec, just stripping everything out makes for a cheap base but one might be a lot nicer with no options
>>
>>27836637
If you don't change the trans filter at 60k, it'll run like shit just like any other zf8
Should probably change the multiair filter at the same mileage, but it's not listed as serviceable
>>
>>27835913
>I always associated this car with rich people.
It's entry-level luxury with an Italian badge built by FCA-Lantis, if you look at it's specs it's competitors are cars such as the MB C300 and BMW 330i which all have 2 liter turbo 4 cylinders making in the range of ~250hp (the Giulia does have an edge on these being closer to 300hp, still behind a V6 Camaro jej).
Just about the only selling point is that it's rarer and more "foreign" especially in American markets as we haven't had Alfa Romeo in decades, so people will buy it just to be different from the sea of monochrome BMWs and Audis - and to flaunt an Italian badge because it fools people into thinking it cost over twice as much as it's competition.
None of this essentially means it's a bad car, and the Quadrifoglio is a different beast entirely, but-
>tl;dr it's entry level luxury, compare C300/330i/A4 prices of the same year for yourself
>>
>>27835913
Extremely bad reliability, high maintenance cost, and lack of brand loyalty and prestige. One exception seems to be the 4C, but you can still grab one for around 45k. Just be ready to fork over 10k+ for issues. The DCT trans on those are made of glass I've heard.
>>
>>27836964
every Giulia trim sold in the US gets the high output 4cyl (besides the QV ofc)
>>
>>27837627
>lack of brand loyalty and prestige
If anything having a foreign brand like Alfa Romeo that's rare in America is a big boost in prestige
>>
Jeets love these things here
>>
>>27835922
Based and EBT pilled
>>
>>27840816
Where?
>>
>>27842000
Alabama
>>
>>27836964
Says ti in the description bro
>>
be thankful for the price of this car (or the stelvio) till it's for sale because stellantis is killing the platform
the next stellantis gen will be one platform for every car for every brand in their frankenstein company.
ICE, PHEV, EV all on the same frame so forget the ultra optimized chassis of current alfas
>>
I'm telling you as a guy who lives in europe, and has a history with alfaromeos.
These cars are nice ONLY IF YOU WRENCH
if you don't know how to wrench, fuck you. you don't need this car.
Alfa Romeos are the kind of car that's for wrenching enthusiasts only.
they will break down. i don't care if its a new generation or old generation. they VILL break down.
>>
>>27843563

or you have money and you don't care about the occasional fix

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.