[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

My bike is fucked please help

2002 BMW R1150r

So, I have some theories. I know my spark plug cap was fucked a while ago, random misfires and the such, but after a severe storm, my bike was riding fine, then I parked it, started it up, dropped the clutch and it died. Won't start anymore. Fuel pump did whine for two seconds on turning the key over, now it keeps trying to prime excessively. Bonus question, not even a BMW motorrad dealership want to touch it, no problem, I can learn this myself, but does anyone know of a good source to look for aftermarket PCMs, and how to program them for this bike?
>>
Biker hobo, it rained on my phone camera
>>
Does the motor crank?
>>
>>27836368
Yes. I gave it a bit of throttle to see what it would do and it starts spinning faster. Battery has not been replaced since God knows when, and I stalled it out a few times trying to get out of picrel mud
>>
>>27836402
I'm not entirely amateur, I have been researching this for a bit, hence why I have theories as to what it might be, but I'm not entirely sure.
Forgot to mention the crankshaft position sensor is called a hall effect sensor, and they do tend to fail on this bike when they get wet, but I'm not sure how that relates to the fuel pump acting funny.
>>
>>27836402
those spark plug caps get fukt when it rains and water gets in them. just replace those.
>>
>>27836402
This could simply be low cranking amps.
Go to an auto store, they usually have a free battery charger or car power supply you can bum.

This engine is dual spark plug, so you'll need four of them if you are to replace.

Replace the oil if water got into the engine.
>>
>>27836284
Prove to me you aren't some thirdworlder and I'll help
>>
>>27836422
You were right, I went to go diagnose the fuel pump, turned the key over before I pulled the relay to see what it would do, and it functioned normally. Started right up.
>>27837313
Pic rel is me. That's my hobo camp. I love like a third worlder, I'm not one.
>>
File: 1721627684285183.jpg (460 KB, 1555x1037)
460 KB
460 KB JPG
>>27837636
I'm glad that guy helped you because I had no fucken clue what to do.
You seem like a cool guy.
Good luck on your adventure? or whatever the hell you're doing.
>>
File: IMG_20240725_002326.jpg (2.38 MB, 4096x3072)
2.38 MB
2.38 MB JPG
>>27836438
Do correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this bolt is where the second spark plug would go, meaning I have the capability to make this dual spark? I'm gonna do some research because if possible dual spark is absolutely the way to go, thank you for making me check that out. I did assume low battery at first, I haven't changed it myself so God knows it's functionality. I'm swapping the oil with 20w50 Valvoline high mileage, because it claims high zinc content which I understand to be beneficial to old engines like this (67k miles). Since I don't know what the maintenance was by the previous owner, I was planning on changing all the fluids, and doing a million other small repairs,
>>27837674
Thanks bro. I'm a 23 year old dude who's trying to patch his life back up, and it looks like after 3 years of trying, I'm actually gonna make it this time. The bike is an angel sent to me by God. I love huffing gas so you'll probably find me in /dbt/, and if I ever get around to installing a turbo on my chonda 250 ill make a thread about that.
>>
>>27838328
The first spark plug comes straight into the cylinder from the top, the second one from underneath to the side of the cylinder. THat missing bolt might be just that, a missing bolt
>>
File: IMG_20240725_002326~2.jpg (1.7 MB, 3072x4096)
1.7 MB
1.7 MB JPG
>>27838353
Would have helped if I did this first, I see the missing bolt you're talking about, circled in red, circled in blue is the bolt I believe to be a plug that could be there instead of a second spark plug. Green arrow points to air intake, this is the underneath side of the engine.
>>
>>27838385
For some reason after I edited the photo it decides to upload in the correct direction, this is what I get for being a phone posting fag.
>>
File: 1721891278783580.jpg (2.6 MB, 3072x4096)
2.6 MB
2.6 MB JPG
>>27838385
Nah if somewhere it would maybe be here if anywhere.
If memory serves, the 2nd sparkplug in those came straight from the side on the underside, that blue circled bolt looks like a drain bolt of some sort, maybe for pushrods

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.