[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: OIG2(5).jpg (285 KB, 1024x1024)
285 KB
285 KB JPG
I'm looking for a used car that I could buy with a $1,000 down payment and that can be used for work (like food deliveries)

My credit is not great but not terrible (that's what the bank tells me), I don't really have any family/friends that can help me get one. I would get an Ebike but it's been raining a lot these summer months (south east USA), plus doing food deliveries on a ebike is kinda dangerous in my area due to the lack of bike infrastructure.

Does anyone know a decent make/model for that? Or am I doomed to keep taking the nasty ass public bus?
>>
>>27836615
probably but it will be a piece of shit with an astronomical interest rate
>>
File: maymay.jpg (34 KB, 512x500)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>27836615
>>
>>27836620
Even if used? Then how the hell do people afford better cars?
>>
>>27836642
more money down
>>
>>27836642
Buy it outright
>>
do not finance a shitbox with bad credit in order to do food deliveries. most asinine idea ever and it will end up costing you more money then you would ever make. get a real regular job and take the bus there. pay your bills on time so your credit goes up, once you have $5k then think about buying a car.
>>
You can get an auto loan with a smaller deposit, plenty of deals at dealerships.

You can get a bad loan with no deposit, don't you see all those "no money down!" ads?

You can also get interest-free loans from other Jews via heter iska, many are in financial services.

In case you are a Christ follower, like most in the Southeast, you will need to pay in full or be a victim of usury.
>>
>>27836678
>get a real regular job a
You dumb fuck every job is a real job, I just cannot wait another couple months to save up 5K for a car.
>>
>>27836669
I'm going to have to do this.
Do you know any sites that sells decent used cars?
>>
>>27836615
Tax, title, registration.
>>
>>27836615
Depends on the car
>>
>>27837103
cl, Facebook. Tough to find something that cheap that runs and drives.
>>
>>27837103
buy it on marketplace from an individual an/o/n
>don't deal with site markups
>>
>>27836615
>1000 dollars down
>on a used car
I’m not sure how to say this without being a dick but Jesus dude, things are pretty bleak
You either need to learn how to be a very good mechanic very fast or start making more money
>>
>>27836615
depends on your credit history, not your score
I've seen 550s get approved, no cosigner, with a paystub and driver's license. I've seen 700s get denied at any down payment over a 4 year old bankruptcy.
what do you have on your report, and for how long?
>>
i would recommend something reliable and gas efficient to try to avoid spending much money on it
i just bought a prius c for delivery work (also just 1k down but i had a cosigner and it got me a great rate) and its been great to me so far
most important thing is to make sure youre not buying a piece of shit so try to find one that has a detailed history of work like carfax
you might be able to save a lot of money buying from a private owner but i dont trust strangers so i bought from a commercial dealership b/c they have a reputation to maintain
>>
>>27837119
I am not afraid to learn to fix a car, but how bad is out now that not even $1K can get you a decent car?

I don't have family that can help me financially and i am truly done with taking the bus. It's the most unreliable mode of transport ever.
>>
>>27837123
Well I've always paid bills on time,
Always paid the bank and PayPal "but now Pay in 4 later" in time so hopefully that helps.
>>
>>27837147
Okay a prius is not a bad idea, although the problem is I don't have someone to cosign.
I've been thinking of hybrids since they don't 100% rely on gas
>>
File: 1721232281276908.jpg (34 KB, 512x500)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>27837098
Yes, I am dumb. That is why I own a home and a car and have more than your entire net worth in liquid assets.

Go ahead, finance a hooptie at 17% so you can make $200 a day while ignoring how much you are spending on gas, maintenance, insurance, depreciation, and, interest. You will feel like you are making $50k a year because you are ignoring all of your intangible expenses, in reality you will make like $12k/year and spend it all once your piece of shit used car breaks
>>
you unironically will make more working at mcdonalds without having the stress of your source of income being some POS beater you are unable to maintain.

i also guarantee you cannot amortize your costs correctly and you'll be stunned at your taxes year end as a 1099.

literally just get a mcjob.
>>
>>27836615
>1K down payment
Yes that is a reasonable down payment on any used car $10,000 or less.
>>
>>27837180
that does fucking nothing for you.
loans are underwritten not on your ability to pay, but on your likelihood of paying - this catches a lot of small business owners who let something slip their mind and get fucked on interest later.
>>
>>27837183
youll definitely end up with higher monthly payments but theyll probably be doable
does your state have laws guaranteeing your wages like mine does? because without that i dont think id be able to make enough for it to be worthwhile
>>
>>27836642
trade in the last car they finished paying off.
>>
>>27837123
>I've seen 700s get denied at any down payment over a 4 year old bankruptcy.
Total credit score death
Even when you pull yourself up out of the trenches they kick you back down
>>
>>27837178
For $0 dollars down and 9% i got a loan for a 4 year old car 30k and has 3 years warranty.
>been using the same credit union for over 2 years beforehand.
>>
>>27837098
A real job is like an office, store or a factory where you show up, work your shift and earn hourly wages or salary. You shouldn't need to make major investments into work. The biggest investment I've made was buying clothes and shoes that were appropriate for the job. But I could drive my $500 shitbox, ride a bike, vanpool, or bus over there. But usually i drove my fancy $2500 luxury SUV
>>
>>27838339
they mislead people pretty badly, but any finance manager or sales guy at a dealership can tell you that.
credit scores are really most useful if you buy a new car and the manufacturer has promotional financing, since it's based on if you get approved, then the threshold for promo financing is by score (which score? fuck off, it changes every time)
>>
>>27836615
financing is for broke niggers with impulse control issues
buy a $1000 car, drive it while saving up for something better. when it kicks the bucket, sell it for $500 and get something better
>durr you can no get $1000 car
literally 10 - 15 cars in my city on marketplace that run and drive for $1000 or less. you can find $1000 runners all day long. go for rusty, deer damage, flood damage, salvage title, etc.
>>
>>27837103
if you go the marketplace route and see a car with any leaks in person, ALWAYS be ready to walk away. a lot of sellers are scummy and hide issues til you show up and coincidentally remember the car is pissing oil everywhere from one of the main seals. you don’t sound like the type to wrench or want to wrench but regardless, ALWAYS be ready to walk away. it’s almost impossible to find a good used car nowadays that can reliably to you from A to B without blowing up or falling to pieces on the highway. lots of neglectful shitheads out there just looking to make a quick buck at your own expense. INB4
>cheap cars come with problems! wow!
yeah. but those problems should be along the lines of
>anon! don’t roll the windows down because they don’t come back up.
>the door card is loose/missing.
>the mirrors are missing.
>the seats are torn to shit.
>the paint is faded/rattlecanned/scratched.
you know, minor things that don’t make the car ACTUALLY unreliable.
>>
>>27836615
Get rid of the bank, join a credit. Should be able to get an auto loan or worst case a personal loan. You now have that $1000 in case of problems. Being down south you should be able to get something decent for 4-7 grand, I wouldn't go over 8k.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.