[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I heard that food delivery can make like $500 a month just on the side.
Why shouldn't i Just buy a second $2000 shitbox and never maintain it or anything, just run until the wheels fall off, and just make a profit eventually? Then I can sell for $1000 or something
I feel like insurance will be the biggest cost though barring me from doing this
>>
>>27837836
>I heard that food delivery can make like $500 a month just on the side.
Yeah, that's what fobby jeets and other detritus get told. The reality's a bit different and you'll be lucky to keep your head above water.
>>
File: xw5s66dgcg7z.png (74 KB, 553x506)
74 KB
74 KB PNG
>>27837842
I am a jeet although i was born here
Interesting perspective though... i just need some extra income after my regular job or when im bored.
>>
>>27837836
get a 00's insight for this, they can be had for ~2k in usable condition
>it's better to just learn wrenching and flip cars though
>>
>>27837851
Thanks for the recommendation
I just want something mindless, not trying to learn anything
>>
>>27837836
Sure, you can do this. I've been doing doordash in my shitbox Corolla. Doordash will pretty much let you drive anything. Of course, getting an actual part time job would be better for several reasons.
>>
>>27837848
Do it man. You were born and brought here for the gig life. It has been awaiting all this time.
>>
>>27837848
>Good morning saars, friends, Romans, countryfolk, lend me your attention;
>I come to talk about Uber Eats, not to dismiss it.
>The hunger that students feel lives on and on;
>The taste is oft forgotten once the food is gone;
>So let it be with Uber Eats. The noble app
>Has fed us well, with flavors rich and snap:
>If it were so, it was a welcome sight,
>And Uber Eats has always set things right.
>Here, with the blessing of discounts and more—
>For Uber Eats is a choice that we adore;
>So are all apps that feed us, we must confess—
>Good morning saars, I speak to share about Uber Eats' success.
>It was my go-to, convenient and quick,
>But some say it's pricey, like a costly trick;
>And Uber Eats is a choice that we defend,
>For it has saved us when hunger would descend.
>It has brought us meals from across the land,
>Filling our bellies with a helping hand:
>Did this from Uber Eats seem too ambitious?
>Yet some may say, it's expensive and capricious.
>You all did see that on the app's interface,
>I often ordered meals with grace and pace,
>Which you did enjoy: was this ambition?
>Yet some may say, it's pricey, a culinary mission.
>I do not argue with what critics proclaim,
>But here I am to share my own acclaim.
>You all have ordered once, and found it good;
>So why not order again, as we should?
>Good morning saars, O hunger! It drives me to my screen,
>To find flavors that are fit for a queen.
>My heart is with the food, there from Uber Eats,
>And I must order now, till it returns to me, complete.
>I am grateful, saars, to do the needful here in Canada,
>As a student blessed with choices, including Uber Eats, yaar.
>>
>>27838065
Im american not c*nadian. Canadian jeets are on a different level of subhuman, dont compare us to them.
>>
>>27837842
This, it's a saturated market

Just put in over time at work OP
>>
>>27837836
doordash might be a fun idea to do on weekends to have an excuse to explore, crooz, and burn gas
>though I suspect there's a point where gas costs exceed the pay
>>
>>27838083
I mean it has to be profitable for someone or there wouldn't be any delivery drivers in the first place, is my reasoning.
Unless the delivery drivers are constantly being churned in and out in a month when they realize it's not worth it, but that alone is the entire doordashing population at any given time.
>>
>>27838078
>Just put in over time at work OP
Did that at a grocery store. I could toss enough pallets to be exempt from the overtime policy. If I did that regularly, I would've made $65k yearly from putting lots of boxes on shelves. I absolutely ran myself ragged though. I ate through 7000 kcal daily and was visibly steaming at the halfway mark on the shift. I'd hide in the frozen food freezer to cool off in 180 seconds.

I miss that job sometimes. Made me fit but brain labor pays better.
>>
>>27838078
I already have a lot of money, it's just that im bored and i spend my time browsing /o/ when i could be doing something fun but also make money
>>
>>27837836
If you work for an actual pizza company you can clear $500 a night in tips sometimes depending on the area. Using your personal vehicle as a fleet vehicle for a multi billion dollar corporation is pretty fucking retarded imo. It seems pointless when you can make $60k+ as a courier for a major courier company and have a company vehicle.

But yeah it doesn't make sense financing a new $30k shitbox just to murder it doing deliveries. Hence why most pizza boys drive shitboxes.
>>
>>27838092
>Unless the delivery drivers are constantly being churned in and out in a month when they realize it's not worth it,
Ubereats is definitely not worth it here and I occasionally have done that, regular uber and lyft if I feel like driving around all night for no reason. Eats and I assume the other food delivery gig work was a standard $2.xx a delivery and heavily relied on people giving tips. With rides I generally get $0.70-$1.10 a mile plus tips. You would be better off applying as a driver for a company like dominos and using your shitbox because then you at least make minimum wage. A lot of time it can be less than that after you factor in your expenses and taxes.
>>
>>27838185
Well if it is not about money then a car that is eligible to do rides might be better because then you can earn more and have more opportunities to meet/talk to people.
>>
>>27838185
Delivering food will get real old, real quick if you're doing this for fun.
>>
>>27837836
Anything over like 20 years old in my area is like $15 a month in insurance.

Main thing would be availability and gas mileage which adds up wildly, unfortunately.
>>
>>27837836
>just make a profit eventually
Or you could just get a regular job and profit from the get-go.
>>
These are probably 2k shitboxes now..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAZsP83VyS0
>>
>>27838192
>25 bucks an hour.
>minus 10 bucks an hour in gas.
>minus tires/oil/registration/insurance
>50,000 miles a year on the car so it's worthless when you move on to another job.
It works out for those that hussle or get lucky.
But like onlyfans, only the top 1% actually make any decent profit from it.
>>
>>27839064
What's worse was that was including a bonus for giving 40 rides for $160 bonus but I don't spend $10hr gas. Even in my 17mpg suv I was spending $60-$80 a day and making ~$250-$350 a 10-13 hour day. It works best with cheap shitboxes like old civics, prius, altimas, etc. because you and customers just beat the shit out it and you want the lowest operating costs. The self employment taxes suck but you can count your mileage which reduces your tax burden considerably or write off expenses for the vehicle which I might do when I replace my battery pack on my EV. If I had to survive off of it then it would suck but as something to do to kill time instead of just playing another video game it's alright.
>>
>>27837848
Ask for extra hours
>>
I've been wanting to do this on my electric motorcycle. But I assume doordash et al require insurance and valid vehicle registration, and I'm too cool for those things.
>>
>>27839713
>>27838078
>being hourly in the current year
>>
File: the driver dominos.png (193 KB, 667x375)
193 KB
193 KB PNG
>>27837836
I did ubereats and postmates. I averaged about $11 an hour of net profit. When I switched over to dominos I averaged about $21 an hour of net profit. I kept track of everything autistically, none of this is guessing. Do not drive for delivery apps, it is a total waste of time.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.