[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: f250.png (2.98 MB, 1727x1042)
2.98 MB
2.98 MB PNG
im looking at buying this 2001 f250 (7.3l turbo diesel) as my daily driver, its a good price but it's also covered in trump stickers

are trump people known for taking care of their shit or is this a bad sign?
>>
>>27839002
Black smoke matters -sticker tells me that truck has had a smoke tune that has ruined it.
>>
>>27839014
thats true, but i could get it untuned. the coal rolling tune doesnt really have any longterm affects as far as im aware (coming from a 6.0 diesel), and almost every diesel of that age is tuned for better performance
>>
>buying another man's fake cock for daily use
You can't this up, what led you to this point in your life OP?
I dare you to post what you intend to "haul" or "tow", you absolutely will not have a photo of it on hand.
Absolutely embarrassing.
>>
File: DMG_1023_0929.jpg (482 KB, 2048x1536)
482 KB
482 KB JPG
>>27839037
not sure what to tell you but my 6.0 is hooked up multiple times a week, but my daughter needs it for her own use (3 stack horse trailer)
>>
>>27839068
You should have opened up with what you were going to haul instead of the political stickers then.
But then also known that /o/ doesn't actually do heavy lifting let alone real work.
If the trump people were farm people you're good.
If it was owned by an urbanite or worse, suburban, that truck has been fucked with dubiously.
7.3 is fuckmassive but I don't trust any reasonably priced ford product out of principle and arbitrary trust in a gas chevys being used for less serious work out of personal experience.
>>
>>27839037
>you need to prove to me that you use your vehicle how I say you should use your vehicle
So where's your car that you use to suck dick in anon?
>>
>>27839037
Point and laugh at this faggot
>>
>>27839083
7.3 turbo is a legendary engine, its fords only million mile engine IIRC. its basically unkillable even by idiots. ironically the 6.0 that OP is using now is considered the "here for a good time but not a long time" engine that is lucky to make it past 200k
>>
>>27839096

>engine that is lucky to make it past 200k

Lucky to make it to 200k
>>
>>27839014
it does not necessarily ruin it but it won't let pass smog test if there is some
>>
>>27839342
good thing smog checks are only things in commie liberal states that no one should live in
>>
>>27839345
I guess he has blocked the EGR valve which does not really ruin the car.
>>
>>27839002
It's fine. What you've got to watch for is "Bernie Bro", "Ridin w/biden", or "I'm a retarded faggot" stickers - steer clear.
>>
>>27839002
If it’s the truck you posted, I would bet money it was a farm truck driven by someone that maybe gave it to their kid. The black smoke matters sticker could be something to worry about, seems like something a young kid would throw on a truck because muh diesel rolling coal. If you can, look for a programmer or aftermarket gauges. Also, pop the hood and look for anything that’s been tinkered with like an aftermarket HPOP. If it’s got an aftermarket pump, it’s most likely got bigger injectors and has been tuned. Next step would be to look under the truck to see if it’s got an aftermarket exhaust starting from the downpipe back. Some trucks of that era had catalytic converters and some didn’t, check the stickers around the top of the radiator to see if any of them mention emissions controls. If it had a cat and you’re in a state like California that requires inspections, you’re going to need a cat if it’s been cut off to pass.
>>27839348
7.3s of any year didn’t have EGR. That was introduced with the 6.0. The only “emissions” related tech on the 7.3 engine itself was the use of split shot injectors to quiet them down. I believe all Cali trucks came with splits to cut down on the clatter but they’re harder to run because they take a lot more oil from the HPOP to fire the injectors. If you’re after performance you would usually go back to single shot, which sound better as well in my opinion.

7.3 s aren’t particularly dirty motors, but they still couldn’t meet emissions requirements and especially noise regulations. Also they were never quite power houses compared to the 24 valve Cummins and the then brand new LB7 Duramax.
>>
>rolling coal sticker
nah im sure it runs great
>>
>>27839031
>doesnt really have any longterm affects as far as im aware
Black smoke is extra fuel that's not being burned. EGTs are high af which melts pistons. Smoke tunes are retarded.
>All trucks have performance tunes
They don't and most tunes aren't smoke tunes because tuners don't want a reputation for destroying engines. Once the engine is in boost it shouldn't smoke. If a truck idles or smokes black while casually cruising or more than a few seconds when you punch it the tune is trash and the truck isn't worth buying.
>>
>>27839002
Probably fine, those people tend to at least care about their shit unlike dems.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.