[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 2.8l.png (326 KB, 500x500)
326 KB
326 KB PNG
redpill me on manlet diesels
>>
>>27840164

They only make sense in Europe. In the US emission standards wreck them.
>>
>>27840175
I thought the EU fad tougher emission standards
>>
>>27840242
its more complicated than that
the US also is not fond or forgiving of diesels in cars (truggs ok tho)
>>
>>27840164
They're all shit. Most small diesels in North America are VM Motori Italian pieces of shit. The Cummins 2.8 crate motor is supposed to be okay but it's also like $20k or some shit. A little diesel in a big and heavy truck doesn't ever work in the real world. Unless you pussyfoot the fuck out of it you're just going to use more throttle which uses more fuel. That's why there's like a 1mpg city difference between between a V8 and a diesel half ton. Even the highway mileage is only a few MPG better than the V8 or turbo 6 alternative. That means you have a long ass ROI on the expensive diesel engine and the expensive diesel fuel. Oh and that's if the thing doesn't fuck up... tldr: Not worth it.
>>
File: s10 diesel drag truck.jpg (661 KB, 1620x1080)
661 KB
661 KB JPG
>>27840314
>That's why there's like a 1mpg city difference between between a V8 and a diesel half ton
I don't know if you're a cuck to chevy or what but either way your data is pretty wrong. The current duramax 1500 puts out 495tq and gets a combined 6mpg above the 6.2. Diesel fuel across the US is mostly around 40 cents higher, which still is at most 1/5th to 1/6th more expensive while the extra mpg is a little above that as a fraction, since the 6.2 averages around 19mpg combined, and the diesel gets 25mpg combined. Pretty much you're just getting free extra range and better torque out of a 3.0 straight 6, which is also a lot better reliability wise since it doesn't come with the retarded cylinder shutoff that gm has been having for YEARS. More compact diesels would be great for light duty trucks and commuter cars since with current tech you can hit numbers like 40mpg highway on a 3500lb+ car. The US has just been eternally afraid of diesels since the 80s olds mishaps and the piss poor performance from the 6.2 and 6.5 detroits.
>>27840253
its basically this. I don't know why but the US just can't handle the idea of throwing canola oil in your daily while running late instead of being reliant on gas station that have fluctuating prices. If there's anything america can learn from europe, its to have highways with no speed limits and to make use of diesel efficiency for working class vehicles
>>
>>27840242
Nope
>>
>>27840314
youre a complete idiot, please stop posting

and yes, VM motori is literal dogshit but everyone knows that including idiots
>>
>>27840408
You reek of Euro.

>>27840426
Are you another Euro or just stupid?
>>
>>27840314
> small diesels in North America are VM Motori Italian pieces of shit
M57 has entered the chat. BMW saves the day once again.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.