[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1703736665398876.jpg (278 KB, 1868x1246)
278 KB
278 KB JPG
I'm considering pic related as my only car. Any 124/Miata fag who did the same can talk about their experience with this kind of car?
>>
I have a manual abarth trim

I love it. You will not go fast. But it handles great. My biggest gripe is the display; really kills the cars classic feel. Id get the upgraded exhaust if you're into that (tho that might just be abarth specifically). It's a very nice rumble
>>
>>27959490
it will be fine
if you need to carry stuff just rent a van
>>
>>27959600
>abarth
A very cool trim indeed, but it's out my pocket.
>not fast
Eh, not a big deal for me. Hell I might even detune it to have better fuel efficiency. I'm in for the looks more than anything else, it's not like the roads around me allow fast anyway.
>display
The base trim doesn't have it, but has a stubby little button panel. You may want to look into it, with some luck it's just a matter of swapping it in without further modifications.
>>
File: 1667337683048291.jpg (5 KB, 209x241)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>27959612
>If you need to do something useful rent another car
>>
>>27959729
how often do you do something useful?
>>
>>27959790
I take trips all the fucking time, which typically require some amount of space unless you day trip only and never buy anything.
>>
>>27959793
alright maybe this car isn't for you
g37 perhaps
>>
>>27959793
So just because I might need to haul bunch of shit once every 5 years I should buy a lorry?
this mindset is pretty retarded.
If OP needs a car for just daily driving the fiata will be good for him
>>
>>27959490
if you need to buy anything big, you use the passenger seat with the top down. If that's still not enough, just buy from a place that delivers.
Once in 3 years, I needed to haul stuff with a truck over a weekend that I rented for 100$.
Need to haul people? Your friends don't have cars?
yeah you can do it. I have been Miata only for 3 years. Did just recently get an E-bike to do in town errands and spare the mileage from my car.
>>
The 1.4 multiair in these is a great engine. One of the better sounding 4cyls, it's a bit slugish down low but it makes good power for it's size, it likes to rev and generally feels better than the specs might suggest.
These engines can do 220hp with just basic stuff, which is gonna be quite fun in a 1050kg car.
Hybrid turbo or slightly bigger one and you're looking at 270 crank reliably, but that's about the limit for reliabillity.
There have been a few cases where people took these engines to 350+ on stock internals with varying results.
>>
>>27959490
Miatas are reliable as fuck and make good daily drivers if you never need to carry more than 1 passenger.
>>
>>27959490
i daily a 94' miata. it's fine if you live somewhere that stays under 110°F in the summer and doesnt snow in the winter.
>>
>>27960260
they are not more reliable than civics or other lightweight shitboxes that are popular in autocross
>>
>>27960522
Who said anything about a Civic? Honda fanboys really are obsessed. Yes, Honda makes reliable cars. And Miata is a reliable daily driver if you can live with the limited space and seating.
>>
>>27960883
civic is the main lightweight rival to the Miata in autocross and other racing formats that the Miata is competitive in.
>>
>>27959931
I’ve carried a boxed 50inch tv and other awkward shit in my passenger seat. Doable but not fun.

I have an old highlander for work shit when I need to throw out fridges ovens and will prob replace it with a basic bitch hilux

Miata is enjoying life, because Ngl able to rotate easily on throttle, or by braking even on public roads, just makes you smile.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.