[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: one dollar trugg.png (218 KB, 418x330)
218 KB
218 KB PNG
Are Nissan trucks good? There's one available for $1 and Ima thinking of picking it up.
>>
Talk him down to 80 cents
>>
File: IMG_1692.jpg (779 KB, 1828x1809)
779 KB
779 KB JPG
>>27977620
Frontiers are solid trucks after 2009. 2005 to early 09 have a defect radiator that can mix coolant with transmission fluid, and timing chain guides that wear out prematurely. After that, not much to speak of. They are basically unchanged from 2005-2019 so expect to feel like you’re driving a 2005 regardless of what year model you buy. They are heavily overshadowed by the Toyota Tacoma, and have less off road capability.
>>
>>27977620
>$1
no he's trying to get a trade or some gay shit
>>
>>27977646
No. The price advertised is the price. I bought a classic Ferrari for $400. Had to spend $20k on the lawyer to sue him to sell it for the advertised price, but it was worth it. Id do it again if I could afford to.
>>
>>27977620
Like the other anon said, Nissan Frontiers are solid trucks.
I’ve driven them for auto parts deliveries and they don’t need much done outside of routine maintenance.
>>
>>27977791
>advertised
Kek get exposed. Americans spell it "advertized"
>>
>>27977883
what lmao no we don’t
>>
>>27977942
Yez we do you limey fuck
>>
>>27977620
theyre good enough
>>
>>27977620
The ones that don’t rust in half at the frame are good, check for that, older Nissans rust as bad as dodges
>>
>>27977620
they are the last "truck" trucks you can buy. no features, no brand tax, small, convenient, cheap.
>>
>>27977642
>They are heavily overshadowed by the Toyota Tacoma, and have less off road capability.
Less popular, to be sure. Less off road capability though? Doubt.
The five traction control settings help with driver confidence, very little else. If you are trying to drive on ice the same way you drive in mud, your confidence is already too high for what you're attempting.
The rear locker is useful, but I have the same. Low 4 is low enough in both for most inclines that I can find. The stock underarmor is inadequate for both, so no advantage there. Nissan did a good job copying Toyota's homework. For me, getting a pro-4x considerably cheaper than a Taco was the biggest difference. But that was before the 2020 changes. Who knows that the new generation's strawberry milkshake of doom will be.
But off road capabilities? Pretty evenly matched.
>>
>>27977620
I bought a car for $1 off of a friend, the fucking cocksuckers charged me tax on the book value (which was more than it was worth).
>>
>>27978504
>the fucking cocksuckers charged me tax on the book value
He did you a favor. There's a reason why it's extremely dumb as parents to give their home to their children for "free". You end up with a load of taxes owed
>>
>>27978422
Worth noting if you're getting a new gen Tacoma to get a rear locker you pay 1,000 dollars more than a Pro4x, plus Toyota tax which is 5k+ in my area, plus tip, and that's without getting the hybrid engine which is another 5k. Without the hybrid you're just short of the frontiers horsepower but just above on torque.
The pro4x also has better load capacity than a offroad or pro tacoma.
>>
>>27977620
i want to buy a 2nd gen frontier but holy shit does the interior suck black cock. they REALLY should have done an interior update.
>>
I daily an '08. It's solid and comfy AF, but a gas hog for sure.
>>
>>27977620
50 cents cash and I buy it now
>>
>>27977620
V6 > I4 t.
>>
2011 frontier owner here, good trucks but mines starting to become a fucking money pit after 4 glorious years of running strong. Just do your research on the subtle differences in year models before buying if ur actually serious about it.
>>
>>27982814
>starting to become a fucking money pit
Anything specific? Mine is 2019, what's the worst part?
>>
>>27982862
My truck has been having insanely fucking retarded electrical issues causing this crank no start that ive been trying to pinpoint for a few days. Every frontiers gonna be kind of different in my experience atleast. For me, the cam sensors and crank sensors went out, then the alternator, then the ECU, then the battery, then the alternator again. I wouldn't wish the U1000 code on my worst enemy. I honestly dont have much to complain about other than this 2 month time window of owning this truck. I dont really feel like the situation with my truck is very common, other than the nightmare U1000 code.
One incredibly important thing you SHOULD do that I DONT do is buy OEM parts ONLY!!! Change your oil on time with good quality oil, VQs gotta be well fed with minerals.
>>
>>27982862
Okay, after thinking again.. actually the worst part is nissans electrical system, specifically the CAN system or whatever. Basically these fucking trucks and nissans in general are VERY finicky about how much voltage they are getting. Theyre so fucking sensitive to changes in voltage. Thats probably the biggest thing I can think of to look out for. Other than the obvious, oil changes, timing chain, routine maintenance, etc.
>>
How bad is the hydraulic steering and turn radius? I always hear complaints from reviewers but I’ve also heard hydraulics are easier to work on, but I’m still a wrenchlet.
>>
>>27984818
They do have a surprisingly not good turning radius for such a small pickup. But I mean it’s not terrible and you adjust.
>>
>>27978504
You're supposed to put down $500 for free cars and pay the tax on that to avoid this. You make up for it with all the cars you pay $5000 for that you also report as $500. All cars cost $500.
>>
>>27982891
>a bunch of sensors going out at once
>u100 code indicates faulty control module
i would start by getting access to an OEM wiring diagram and then checking if these senors and the upstream module share a common ground. then i would check to see if that ground is good or if it's corroded.
>>
>>27984824

My 140" wheel base ram had better turning radius than the D22, D40 and D23 work trucks I have driven. Hell an 8 ton Hino Ranger out turns them. They are pretty bad. Though like you say you get used to it but it is still annoying having to argue with people that you are already in full lock.
>>
>>27984824
>>27985489
Would it be a problem for light off roading? Mostly light or moderate rated trails.
>>
>>27985878

Unless you have some super tight turns between cliffs that only a SWB wrangler can make you should be alright. I took all them down some pretty rough and tight turd world goat trails and they do quite well.
>>
>>27985878
No
>>
>>27977620
you gon get your cornhole bungled.
>>
>>27977642
Have an 05 with six speed. Still in fantastic condition, can recommend. Getting a later model is better since all the issues are ironed out. Only get older models if you aren't a pussy and have a big cock like I do and drive a manual.
>>
>>27986620

Manuals on the KA24 D22 and YD25 D40 and D23 are some of the most difficult I have ever had to drive. First gear is way too tall for anything other than flat road use. Worse so in the YD25 because that thing can be rolling at 1250 rpm with your foot to the floor and still slowly stall out on a steep hill. Needs to be turning 1750 at least.

However low range is an absolute beast. Can easily roll out third on a hill in those.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.