[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Okay hear me out. This is the ZJ Grand Cherokee. It came equipped with the classic Mopar LA small block V8 (albeit modernized with efi), and there was even a rwd version. So, lets say we take this Jeep, put lowering springs on it (yes they do make lowering sprins for these), put some sick 15 in classic musclecar rims complete with bfg radial ta's on it, mod that v8 a bit for more power and boom, we get a classic Mopar musclecar for a fraction of the cost! How does that sound, fellow /o/tists?
>>
Sounds retarded, those magnum V8s are pretty shit
>>
>>27981607
Ive seen Jeep Wagoneer on some muscle cars meetings so it's not that crazy. To be fair I'm trying to imagine Jeep customized to look like late weird late 70s-80s muscle car similar to Chevy Malibu etc.
>>
Be sure to give it a cool name.
Like "Trackhawk" or something.
Oh wait....
>>
File: 1988-Jeep-Comanche-3qtr.jpg (419 KB, 1600x1066)
419 KB
419 KB JPG
>>27981611
>sounds retarded
nigga there were Comanche circuit race trucks back in the 80s, and I think soke based retard has modified an XJ Jeep Cherokee to be an autocross monster. These suvs are prime candidates for car-ification
>those magnum V8s are pretty shit
they are crazy reliable and can be modded for 350hp with basic bolts ons, much much more if you decide to go crazy with cam swaps and the like
>>27981623
>To be fair I'm trying to imagine Jeep customized to look like late weird late 70s-80s muscle car similar to Chevy Malibu etc
Well it will end up looking like that if you decide to lower it and put on old-school muscle wheels
>>
File: 300990.1990PPHCAdams1kv.jpg (201 KB, 1636x1100)
201 KB
201 KB JPG
>>27981682
Pikes peak also
>>
>>27981607
>ZJ
opinion discarded
>>
>>27981611
No they're not lol
>>
File: 1582469729463.gif (2.56 MB, 190x200)
2.56 MB
2.56 MB GIF
>>27981682
>can be modded for 350hp with basic bolts
>Read: 250 at the wheels
Woah slow down grandpa you might break a hip
>>
>>27981857
>350 at the crank
>250 at the wheels
are you fucking retarded? just what kind of drivetrain loses that much?
>>
>>27981894
a 46rh and aluminum dana 44 apparently
>>
>>27981607
Jeep already beat you to it AFAIK its called the Grand Cherokee 5.9 Limited. They put the 360 motor in from the Diplomat/Gran Fury cop cars in the ZJ and stiffened the suspension
>>
>>27981898
ackschually, the zj grand cherokee didnt use the 46rh, it used the 46re, where e stabds for electronic control (while h stands for hydraulic), and if were talking about the rwd v8 zj that I mentioned in the op, then that one used the 44re
>>
>>27981925
>less hp than a honda odyssey
fuckin lol
>>
>>27981976
>>less hp than a honda odyssey
so like in a real mussel car
>>
File: image.jpg (842 KB, 1920x982)
842 KB
842 KB JPG
>>27981607
>bfg radial ta's
overpriced trash. grip is awful in the wet. vitour makes some very decent tyres with tall sidewalls and raised white lettering if you like that sort of thing. their speed rating is H or V depending on what size you get
they're chink tyres yes but if you go look up various classic car forums people say these are much stickier than the bfgs or cooper cobras and far better value for their price
>>
>>27982162
wouldnt mickey thompson sportsman st be better?
>>
>>27982171
never used those before. they seem to be ok, if they're cheap go for them. but where i live these cost 700 bucks each, while the vitours are about 150.
>>
>>27982162
vitours are meme tires, the ceo is a known shill who spams his shit across many different motorsport forums and groups. now possibly /o/.
>>
>>27982233
he's trolling the SCCA who banned his tires from autocross because Vitour wasnt a "real company", they're making real road tires so the SCCA doesn't have a leg to stand on
>>
>>27982249
give it a rest. they were banned because they were cheater tires even compared to the popular 200tw tires. they didn't meet the minimum tread depth or durometer ratings.
>>
>>27981607
>It came equipped with the classic Mopar LA small block
No. It came equipped with a Magnum smallblock, very few parts are compatible with the LA engines, and it takes a shit ton ofnmachining to use Magnum heads on an LA.

The idea you have is solid, the problem is the transmission. You can still buy the 408 Magnum crate and drop it right in, but the transmission won't take it, not stock, and I'm not sure they make converters for that transmission, which is what you need to go fast. The hellhousing is the same as the LA, but your manual trans options for the power needed to compete would be an A833 from a slant six Dodge pickup with the .75 4th, but they are rare and 1st gear is 16:1.

Your forced to use an autotragic that won't hold up or fabricate a manual via arokj2n adapter.
>>
>>27981611
skill issue. They fucking love turbos but the heads always crack eventually, but they are cheap, also the lower intake leaks like fuck unless you plate it.
>>
>>27981925
>They put the 360 motor in from the Diplomat/Gran Fury cop cars in the ZJ and stiffened the suspension
No. The 360 cop engine was an LA with a cast iron edelbrock spreadbore intake, and a 340 six pack cam.
>>
>>27981607
This has already been done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfLjmgylGTQ
>>
>>27982233
>meme tires
how so? spent months looking them up and seems like all the boomers love them, aside from the ones that are just leery of chinesium
>>
>>27982583
There literally are rebuild kits for re trannies to beef them up and there are at least 3 companies that sell upgraded re trannies that are more than adequate for a tuned magnum
>>27982583
blah blah blah its just an efi la with some minor changes here and there
>>
File: IMG_2791.png (1.32 MB, 1200x628)
1.32 MB
1.32 MB PNG
I wish you fags knew fuck about shit when it comes to cars.

Picrel is a Shelby Durango SP360. A 5.9L Magnum with a Kenne Bell Super Charger and tuned by Shelby American to make a conservative 360hp and 400ft-lbs of torque. Too garish? They made a basic bitch R/T version with a bog standard magnum 5.9L. No supercharger. it comes in 4WD and rear wheel drive. And is one of the last real mopars before Mercedes raped it’s corpse and sold the parts to Italy for a dollar. It is the same platform as the midsize Dakota with the same engine options.

It also didn’t have the absolutely shitty Jeep electronics that needed to be regrounded or replaced every ten years.
>>
>>27981857
I ran a Dodge Aspen in dirt oval racing with a built 318 making 400rwhp. Non-magnum block running 360 magnum heads and a 340 crank, bored .030 over with hemi pistons, a 272 cam, edelbrock intake with a Holley 950cfm carb on fucking pump gas. It ran like a raped ape for a total investment less than 2k and never failed even when we destroyed the car. We sold the block complete for our money back still running.
>>
>>27981857
>i tell em 250 at the wheels then just walk away
>>
>>27983265
I’ve always loved how this gen Durango looked. Too bad they’re all gone from rust.
>>
>>27983173
given their shill marketing tactics online I wouldn't trust them. my only other experience with a meme tire was the furry brand (cosmo) and while they were good "for what they are" they had less dry grip than a good UHP all season and lasted 20% as long.
>>
>>27983265
I am of course aware of the Durango and Dakota, and those are perharps even better for what I described in the OP, but:
1. They dont looks as classy as the joop
2. Their interiors are so trashy that I would puke the moment I got into one of them
3. the joop has no leaf springs, which is a plus in my book
also, I wouldnt hope for better electronics in the Durango or Dakota, since theyre the same mopar garbage as the zj
>>
>>27981626
Man you're a ricer
>>
You probably find one of these for cheaper.
>>
>>27982583
>and it takes a shit ton ofnmachining to use Magnum heads on an LA.
no it doesn’t. magnum head will bolt straight to a LA, you have to change the pushrods, change the lifters, change the rocker gear and the intake. That’s it
>>
>>27981607
What's a ZJ?
>>
>>27983545
never heard of the shilling until now, but cosmo and vitour can't be any worse than the bfgs and coopers everyone seems to use on classics
>>
>>27983560
Bet you're a ford queer

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.