[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: cybertruckv0.jpg (353 KB, 1600x900)
353 KB
353 KB JPG
so every time i read any discussion about cheap cars online, everyone trashtalks fiat for being unreliable and badly made

my family has had multipla, panda(s), and 500(s), and they have all done exceptionally well. all passed 20 years of age with less than 3k in repairs over that time, worked reliably, and were all round fun to drive. they never were destroyed, just sold to upgrade to a newer model

parts are cheap, the cars are cheap, they look good, and they work. multipla is polarizing but hey its basically a minivan in SUV form factor, plus could get it with both gas and CNG tanks (which halves your fuel cost in europe)

so, why the hate? if they are treated badly they break, just like anything else, but driven relatively normally (never go over 100mph, smooth braking and acceleration, etc) they do just fine, they're not luxury cars after all

is it just that fiats outside italy are treated worse or have worse servicing than the local 65yo mechanic that is also a gas station? i agree the 500 is a little more problematic than the panda, but it's literally the more "premium" small car (less cargo, more wasted space, more expensive, more "fashionable")

and yes, id rather have a multipla than a PT cruiser. imagine how many heads you'd turn, picrel, literally got that "hand drawn by a child" cybertruck vibes, except its late 90s
>>
>>27982167
hearing about life in eurocuckland is so depressing
>>
>>27982167
>why the hate?
Ugly.
That's literally it.
Objectively it was an absolutely amazing family/utility car that could not be matched on cost-effect ratio.
Subjectively, it's making Aztek look elegant.
>>
>>27982177
at least the food is good

>>27982183
i can accept that, but what about the 500 or panda? punto? i think they're cute
>>
>>27982186
Most men don't want "cute" car
Call it toxic masculinity or ego if you want
>>
>>27982167
FIX IT AGAIN TONY
>>
>>27982197
thank god i don't fuck men then, even in the US i get away with a shitbox because manual is somehow "cool"
>>
Fiat, for better or worse, has been a single car in the Western world since 2008: the 500. Which is a upmarket version of Panda most known for looks and a mandatory 1k turbo replacement at 50k miles on a 15k car.

Linea, Bravo, Croma, Tipo and Punto are entirely uninterested lowest end euro cars. They're about as interesting as late Plymouth.
>>
>>27982183
It honestly looks better than 90% of crossovers made in the last 10 years
>>
>>27982244
Ok, but that doesn't justify Fiat hate, why would you hate a company for making cheap reliable cars?
>>
File: ma1pj84xZo1rq-1.jpg (196 KB, 1280x1520)
196 KB
196 KB JPG
>>27983442
>Fiat
>cheap and reliable
>reliable
>>
I like Fiat cause its lights turn themselves on and off automatically
>>
>>27983505
What's so unreliable about them? Parts are cheap too if you need to fix anything
>>
>>27982167
Honestly I agree
Used to own a 2nd gen punto
never really looked after it but the thing was basically unkillable
I wouldnt say it ran faultlessly but it always ran.
What killed it was sitting for
or so years on the grass.
>>
File: IMG_3792.jpg (1.96 MB, 2560x1920)
1.96 MB
1.96 MB JPG
Because there's nothing exceptional about them and you could buy a Japanese car that's 100% reliable instead
>>
>>27983837
>Japanese car
>reliable
pick one
>>
I had a 1997 Fiat Brava back in 2010, and I drove a new Panda in Italy last year. They have some charm and the interior are well laid out, if basic. They do the job and they have a certain charm about them.

>>27983837
But as this anon says, if you are looking for a small cheap car, something Japanese is going to be my first idea.
>>
>>27983511
They're not built to last. I had a Panda 169 4x4 for a few years. Lots of funny stuff like rear dampers that wear out so quick you could replace them annually. No real underbody coating, some wax that covered only half the seems it should have covered. Shifter boot came apart, I replaced it, ripped again within 3 weeks. These cars are just big "fuck you" to whoever makes the mistake of buying them. Put it through another safety inspection to sell it, front end was really worn out for just 80k and it started getting crusty already. Sold it to some italians kek
I replaced the Fiatwith a really cheap and much older Impreza, much better car in every possible aspect, I even got the same fuel economy out of the Impreza 1,6 as I got from the diesel Panda. And getting spares was much cheaper and easier than Fiat shit
TL;DR: Just shut up and buy whatever Yaris you can afford.
>>
File: 131.jpg (364 KB, 1186x800)
364 KB
364 KB JPG
>>27982167
I've mostly heard good things about modern FIAT reliability.
They also made a pretty cool rally car once upon a time.
>>
>>27982167
For me its the, timing belts, window winders, door handles, shift linkages.
mein gott who did they task with creating such abominations.
>>
>>27984935
incredible that a german would criticize repairability, have you looked at your own cars? always so complex for little or no gain
i don't care where those things are, the repairs are cheap, labor is cheap, parts are cheap, quality is no worse per euro spent
>>
>>27982167
Not a luxury or sports brand so just like VW it is completely unknown in the US. And good thing to be honest. Burger influence destroyed all other euro car manufacturers.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.