[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Cars don't come with spare tires anymore, and you can't even option in a donut, the space is still there though, it's full of foam where the spare tire and tire jack used to be.

Instead you get a tire pump and an OEM-specific bottle of fix a flat that costs $300 to replace after every use.
>>
>>27983962
I just bought a spare for a little less than $300. They are not standard or optional but you can still find them aftermarket.
>>
>Toyota
Huh, never saw that coming.

I wonder who started this tech company approach to the automotive industry where things that were once standard are now a subscription service or something you have to buy separately. Could it be daddy Elon's hand? Or maybe just the pursuit of quarterly earnings?
>>
>>27983962
My BMW came with a spare tire?
I'm sure the fix-a-flat is just more "reliable" than having an extra tire.
>>
>>27984015
My E92 and F10 didn't come with spare tires but my E39s did.
>>
>>27983962
>Cars don't come with spare tires anymore, and you can't even option in a donut
Less carbon/emissions
>>
>>27984015
A can of propellant and liquid rubber will degrade faster than a dry rotting under inflated tire
>>
My plan is just to carry an inflator and a tire plug kit from Walmart. Is this doopid, or would it work? Any downsides?

I figger the tire plug should last at least the time to get to a shop, and likely the rest of the life of the tire, they just don't recommend it due to liability reasons.
>>
>>27984079
it wont work for weird shaped holes or a total blowout, or damage to the sidewalls.
>>
>>27983962
The average new car buyer is a 52yo woman who cannot and will never change their own tire without roadside assiatance, this change does not affect anyone except for auto enthusiasts, and these people do not buy new cars ever.
>>
>>27983962
Yet another reason pickup trucks are the best modern vehicles. Not only do you still get a spare, it's usually a a fifth wheel and tire identical to the main four instead of some shitty undersized steelie.
>>
>>27984212
My 4runner Limited has a full size spare that is identical to the main four. But the regular SR5 just has a black steelie for some reason.
>>
>>27984847
my 4th gen 4runner SR5 has the full size spare underneath that matches the others.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.