[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: honda civic type r.jpg (9 KB, 300x168)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
Thanks i advance? I'm stuck between the Honda Civic Type R and the Subaru WRX GT. I'm go to university so I'd like to pick something that looks good to women, but also has superior speed/performance.

I was also looking at 90s cars like the Mitsubishi 3000gt vr4. This is my first car, and I'd like something that won't get laughed at, say, my first car meet.

I'm open to any other car suggestions, my price range is around 30 - 40k USD. Thank again!
>>
>>27984665
I also have no idea why there was a question mark in the first sentence, and spelling errors lol. I apologize for the retardation. I promise I'm not low IQ.
>>
>>27984665
>gay wheel drive
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>27984674
Lol, unfortunately I live in the North East so there's a lot of snow. I also commute 60 miles to my university when I have classes so there's that. I do plan on getting a manual though.

What would you recommend then?
>>
>>27984665
>I'm go to university so I'd like to pick something that looks good to women,
this smelled like curry.
>>
>>27984702
I'm not Indian
>>
bamp, pls suggestions /o/
>>
>>27984665
CPO VA / VB WRX premium or limited
Low miles STi if available
captcha wrxxjh
>>
>>27984665
you must be 18 or older to post here
>>
>>27984757
Thanks brother for your help. I hope you have a great weekend coming up
>>
>>27984681
Skill issue.
>>
>looks good to women
depends on the type of woman. GR86 absolutely pulls "car girls" because they like them and want one, not many JDM options in that price range that really impress women who are looking at badges though. Actually a GR86 would be a great choice, other than the RWD in the snow for a 60mile commute.
a GR Corolla would be a better fit but is on the very upper edge of the price range. I think a Type R looks like a loud civic to women and mostly gets male attention. WRX isn't a bad choice but they don't make em like they used to. If you're willing to expand beyond JDM, there are tons of AWD sorta luxury options out there that check more boxes but will cost more to maintain
>>
>>27984765
Thanks bro, yeah it sucks I need at least an AWD. I was thinking about a BMW M2/M2 Competition xdrive. But being a first time car owner, I think my insurance would be crazy, along with oil changes. Although, I wouldn't be driving 7 days a week, maybe 3 to 4.

I am open to taking your advice on any luxury options.
>>
>>27984762
oops this was meant for : >>27984753
Also, what does CPO VA stand for? Sorry, I just started delving into learning about cars.
>>
>>27984771
Certified Pre-Owned
VA is the chassis code for WRXs from 2015-2021
VB is the current WRX
WRX GT is auto only

The used value of Subies has drastically fallen the last year. Low miles VBs are upwards of 10k off their original sticker. Non-modded VA models can be had with under 30,000 miles for the low 20s
>>
>>27984779
Nice, you've given me a lot of think of. I think I'm gonna get the wrx limited or TR. What do you think about the type r Honda Civic?
>>
>>27984794
Stock? Not much. It didn't leave any impression on me when I test drove the last gen one and I don't think they changed much for the current one. I did like the Gundam look it had.
I didn't care for my time with my 2020 WRX either. That was mostly to do with having an unrealistic expectation in my head after 15+ years of wanting one. I barely put 10,000 miles on it after 3.5 years of ownership. I had a 2019 WRX base blow its timing system because a cam sprocket skipped a gear before it hit 5,000 miles. The dealer bought it back in full and gave me a discount on the 2020. That experience didn't give me a lot of confidence but in reality it was just a lemon, just one of the 1% of anything that fails.
If you do get a VA / VB it REQUIRES 93 octane. It will say you can use 91 but it won't be happy. At all.
And don't buy new for a first car. Most women don't care what car you have, just that its in good condition.
>>
>>27984808
Okay, thanks for your great advice, I appreciate all that knowledge. I'll be sure to get a great condition used car. Have a great weekend fren
>>
>>27984769
in all honesty I wouldn't consider any luxury cars for this situation, just mentioned it because a ton of them have AWD. And like >>27984808 said, it's more about presentation and condition than model year. also your insurance is probably gonna be pretty bad enough as it is!
>>
>>27984916
got it, thanks :D
>>
>>27984951
Subie insurance is absurd. Its cheaper not only to insure but also register my Camaro SS
>>
>>27984665
bro it's not the 90s anymore, JDM cars haven't been good or exciting in 30 years
>>
>This is my first car, and I'd like something that won't get laughed at, say, my first car meet.
niggers will clown on you for having anything less than a r34 GTR at a car meet. You'll impress 17 year old mexican boys (puerto ricans on the east coast I guess) with your permanently broken 3000gt if you buy one though if you're out for that bussy.
Get an A4, they always look great and they are so much comfier and faster than a stock sti
>>
>>27984665
You sound underage. For your first car, you get a shitbox and learn how cars work, how they break, and how to fix them (and how much money this requires). If you’re an autist like many on this buryat cigarette rolling site, chances are you’ll really like your first shitbox. After about 3 years, you’ll want to move up and get yourself a newer, faster car. At this point, you will have a general idea of what you like and how much time you have to dedicate to your car hobby. Also, your insurance will be much less expensive at this point unless you get in an accident. If your goal is to flex on other people at car meets, keep in mind that there will always be someone with a nicer car; the important thing is to like your own car without reference to others. A new type r is out of your budget, car people will laugh at wrx gt because it’s cvt only, and old cars are expensive to drive.
>>
>>27984982
Hmm thanks for the suggfestion. I see I can get a 2019 audi rs5 sportback for around the sam e price. Looks interesting
>>
>>27985034
>>buryat cigarette rolling site

kek, thanks for your older brotherly advice. I guess I'll just get something simple and safe to learn. Fuck me I really wanted a nice one
>>
>>27985040
You will have a couple of years to look out for fancy cars you like. If you have money, try renting a nice car you’d be interested in once in a blue moon. Check out forums, there’s no rush to buy. I understand that people on here will say that ice cars will be banned in
>two more weeks
but it’s up to you to decide whether to believe that.
>>
>>27984962
>>27984665
>Best JDM Car
>bro it's not the 90s anymore, JDM cars haven't been good or exciting in 30 years
JAPANESE DOMESTIC MARKET
you can just say "japanese car" you fucking nigger assholes
>>
>>27984665
my suggestion is that you kill yourself, weeb faggot
>>
>>27984665
Out of the two you stated, the civic type R is the better vehicle. The new wrx kinda sucks unfortunately, and is probably the worst generation thus far. With 30-40k you could get an honestly mint s2000 with money to spare. If you can put up with the whole small two seater thing, women fucking love convertibles and the s2k is a great car, that will be fairly reliable and cheap to maintain.
>>
>>27984665
90's cars are so old by now you need to spend $20k to make them normal again (replace all bushings, suspension, everything in the engine bay, and half the interior).
They're still better than anything modern, but you need money to make it work. So get the 86, FWD is for fags.
>>
>>27984665
>I'd like to pick something that looks good to women
Women literally don't give a shit about cars as long as you have one and are attractive to them. Focus on being fun & attractive, a car won't get you laid.
The only thing that they slightly care about is that it's comfortable and makes them feel safe. That means an SUV. But they'll fuck you in a twingo if they like you.
>>
>>27984769
>>27984765
You don't need AWD for the snow, wtf. Learn to drive and buy snow tires, holy shit.
An 86 with an LSD will do better in the snow than some shitbox with fake AWD anyway.
>>27984982
>>27985036
An audi is a terrible choice for a broke college student. Would be fine if he had good income, but he doesn't, he has a flat $30-40k from his parents.
Get a BRZ if you want a fun sports car (that's slow). Get a Giulia, BMW 3 series, or a lexus if you want a comfy cruiser that looks nice.
Don't buy new, buy something 3-5 years old that has depreciated (yes, the used car market is kind of dumb so be aware of that, many models are cheaper now though). Buying a used 86 may be a bad idea if it hasn't been well-maintained by a white/asian, so don't just buy one that's been thrashed for $15k.
Watch this video before going to the car dealership: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFte3rHTp_Q
>>
all of those cars are pretty cringe. a convertible miata is unironically a better choice. also why are you commuting 60 miles to college?
>>
Get a 4x4 OBS, way better than some gay ass JDM Civic or subie racer boi shit. Women ain't into 4 bangers, they want rumbly V8s.
>>
>>27984681
what does that have to do with anything?
rwd is the correct way to propel a car forward. your tires decide whether it’s going to be a nightmare or not
>>
>>27984665
A CTR is better than a WRX in literally every metric with the exception if you're some kind of soiboy who needs AWD because you're scared of driving int he snow.
>>
>>27984681
If you're not a retard, you'll be fine in RWD if you have snow tires.
WRX drivers gets into more snow related accidents because they overestimate the grip AWD gives them.
>>
>>27986952
Thanks for the video man, I will definitely watch that before going.
>>27986975
Because I don't have a car and have to. It takes me 3 hours to go there and get back lol. FML.
>>27987013
You know, I wasn't really thinking of driving a truck, but it seems like an interesting idea. I would like the option of sleeping in whatever car I have if I had to.
>>27987055
My dad told me I need AWD, lol. I'll mention getting snow tires then.
>>27987062
Thanks for that fact man, I'll bring it up with my father :)
>>
>>27987220
Literally don't be a retard and leave your ego at home when driving during winter and you won't kill yourself.
>>
File: 679138.jpg (106 KB, 1140x760)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
>>27984665
>JDM
>looks good to women
>this is my first car
>my price range is around 30-40k USD
get a 5-speed EK civic hatchback and spend 35k on upgrades over the next few years while you learn to drive and wrench. the priorities should go like this
>learn to change all the fluids
>replace fuel filter, air filter etc
>15x7 or 15x8 wheels with 195/50r15 tires (preferably under 350 treadwear, but over 200)
>stiffer suspension and front/rear sway bars
>better brakepads (EBC are pretty good for hard street driving)
>weight reduction, but nothing too crazy if it's your daily. remove rear seats, (could put a small bed back there and take girls camping or stargazing) replace front seats with lightweight racing seats, LEAVE THE STEREO girls like music while you drive
>intake, headers, exhaust
>add a little aero and give it a cool paint job/wrap
>eventually rebuild engine with forged internals and add a turbo, get it dyno'd etc
congrats. you have a cooler car than 90% of the people you meet and it handles better than anything made in the past 20 years besides the Miata and a few lotus cars. girls also like guys that can work on their own cars and act like it's no big deal. 90% of zoomer men have never changed their own oil, and can't drive for shit.
>>
>>27987348
also, if you're worried about snow, get a set of skinny winter tires. all the weight is over the driven wheels so you'll be fine. learn left foot braking in a snowy parking lot and you'll be able to control the thing like it's an extension of yourself, even on a frozen lake.
>>
>>27986939
>Feel safe
>suv
They truly do be retarded.
>>
>>27987348
or you could just buy a S550 mach 1 and feel like an actual man

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.