[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Thoughts on slapping a turbo on a car with over 100,000 miles and electrical issues?
>>
>>27985896
might as well go out with a bang
>>
>>27985896
thats the only way to do it. I wouldnt ruin a newer car with less than 100k and in perfect condition by slapping a fucking ebay turbo on it
>>
>>27985896
I've been thinking about this a lot.

If you put a turbo on a newer car with less than 100k miles or so, you really do risk ruining the engine prematurely. Japanese cars in particular are notorious for lasting more than 250k miles, if taken care of.

On the other hand, spending 10k+ installing a turbo on a shitbox means that you will only get *some* use out of it before the engine dies, and reliability will likely go to shit.

I suppose if you can afford the 10k for a turbo and can do the work yourself, have at it, just don't ever mod the drivetrain on your daily driver.
>>
>>27985896
>slap a turbo
you have never done more than an air filter
>>
>>27986262
>reliability
Are there any older cars that CAN handle turbos? Or do you just have to beef up the engine on any car?
>>
>>27986270
What does it involve then?
>>
thoughts on not posting this ugly fucks face every time you make a thread?
>>
Can’t fix your current electrical but you think you can install/maintain an aftermarket power adder?
>>
>>27986275
Any engine can be turbod you dum fuck. How much HP/reliability/fuel economy depends on how deep your pockets are
>>
>>27985896
Just keep the boost low and get an AFR gauge
>>
>>27985896
Cars like that are the best to boost.
>>
Worked great for my barra lol gonna do it again!
>>
>>27985896
Chink turbos are great - on utube - where no one gives a fuck if the car blows up a few days later, but do you really want to suck a bunch of shrapnel into your motor, a few months from now?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.