[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_0410.png (414 KB, 624x692)
414 KB
414 KB PNG
I never thought I'd give up on it, but I'm tired of tinkering on this piece of shit. It needs at least $2500 in parts, and $5000 in paint just to not look like a meth mobile. JUST finished fixing something major after 4 months of downtime, and 20 miles later it has a brand new problem. I've replaced nearly everything except the block. It's sat in the driveway more than it's been on the road. This is a retarded hobby FUCK!!!!!!!!! The real retard was me for buying this thing.
>>
>>27987166
rattlecan paint job looks fine if you use clearcoat, know how to do it properly, and sand between coats.
>>
>>27987166
Why are you buying projects above your skill level?
>>
>>27987166
Take a breathe anon. Take some time make the car right. Wrenching is all about patience and not taking shortcuts. And yes it is expensive but in the end it's cheaper than paying a mechanic
>>
>>27987166
I feel like this needs a partner image of a guy standing in the ocean looking at the shore saying "horse"
>>
>>27987166
>he fell for the memes
lel
>>
>restoration project is a restoration project
no kidding? why do people keep thinking this stuff is cheap?
>>
>>27987166
You'll bounce back I had to get rid of my second 4x4 project ever this month felt bad drove all over aus in it then it catches fire

Went back to tinkering with falcon sedans
>>
>>27987166
I've been there and I'm over it. Not done with fixing up old cars but I'm gonna wait until I've got the money to buy a car and do a full build in one shot, go through the whole thing instead of trying to fix shit one piece at a time.
>>
>>27987171
Invalid question.
Any car before the 2000's is well within any wrenchlet's ability
>>
>>27987166
C'mon anon, give us more details.
Which car
How much did you get it for
What's wrong with it
Why can't you fix it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.