[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (92 KB, 261x149)
92 KB
92 KB PNG
Alright boys, I got a dilemma here. Do I buy some Hankook Ventus 12 evo2 tires for $734 installed or do I buy Pirelli P4 Persist A/S Plus for $542 installed? Daily driver, mostly city with some highway. Florida located, so it rains a bit.

pic unrelated
>>
>>28027746
Why are you comparing a 320 treadwear summer tire to an 820 treadwear all season? They're not remotely the same.
>>
>>28027746
cool bird
>>
>>28027759
Because I want to know which is better for my money. I don't know shit about tires, that's why I'm asking the cartists here.
>>
>>28027781
Get Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 Plus.
>>
>>28027746
RE-71RS, trust
>>
>>28027787
THIS. also, pirelli is only good for moto tires. their auto tires are ass.

>>28029497
these are a waste of money on the street, especially in florida with no good twisty roads.
>>
What car.
>>
>>28029503
oh if you're some kind of ricer who only ever goes "street tracking" on the "tooge" sure, I was under the impression that OP wasn't retarded
>>
>>28029509
I agree with you, asshole. obbiously op is not doing motorsports because he doesn't know fuck about tires. the stones are way above his paygrade, he will get zero use out of them. using them on a daily is retarded.
>>
>>28029514
>OP is "obbiously" not doing motorsports
>One of the tires OP is asking about, is a 320TW summer
You "obbiously" don't know how to spell and it's even more "obbious" that you can't read

>stones are above his paygrade
You don't learn how to use decent tires by buying shitty tires over and over

I'm sorry you're poor, but crying won't fix that. Get a job maybe?
>>
>>28029528
>fixating on a typo because your only argument is "u poor lol"
SAD!

>You don't learn how to use decent tires by buying shitty tires over and over
1000% disagree with this. the REs will feel like infinite grip to someone inexperienced, which will completely mask any overdriving mistakes because he will never learn the limits of the car. which leads me to the second retarded point, which is that the REs can generate so much more grip on the street than you will ever ask from them. it's irresponsible to generate that amount of lateral grip on the street. it's like buying a fucking howitzer for home defense, it's complete overkill, a waste of money, and totally unsuited to the application they were designed for, which is autocross and track. the most grip that makes sense for the street would be something like the conti ECS2 or michelin PS4s, and they're going to last way longer without the grip falling off a cliff after a couple of months of daily use. and even then those woupd be better for a weekend car, not a daily.
>>
>>28029558
>acting like it's okay for a grown man not to know how to spell
"Obbiously" you're having a hard time coping with your developmental delay

>acting like you're not poor
Right, "obbiously" the reason you buy Linglongs is something else than that.

>Buying shitty tires is a good idea
"Obbiously" you should keep buying shitty tires so you can crash and die sooner.

Anon, it's "obbious" that you are beneath me. You may lick my boots now, I suppose. Although you might enjoy that.
>>
File: IMG_20241008_122141_085.jpg (289 KB, 960x1280)
289 KB
289 KB JPG
>>28029597
I accept your concession faggot. here's a pic of my track tires btw. now post yours.
>>
>>28029611
>unironically bought RT660

Jesus fuck anon, I was just saying you were beneath me to make you mad, I didn't know you were actually retarded.

Now I get why you're having this temper tantrum. I'd be mad too if I was as slow (get it? double entendre where i'm saying you're slow cuz rt660s, and slow cuz retarded) as you.
>>
File: 1000034803.jpg (43 KB, 539x810)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>28029611
>>28029619
Will you two faggots have sex already
>>
>>28029619
yup and I'm gonna buy another set for next year's season. because I know my limits and I'm not competitive enough to wring out the extra 1% out of the REs for the money. still a B tier tire compared to the stones which are S, but twice the price. I don't see a picture of your tires so I'm going to assume you're running linglongs.
>>
>>28027746
Ventus V12 summer tires over any A/S tires, especially in Florida. I had great traction with Ventus V12s on my E55 even in the FL rain, they only felt marginally squishier than the Michelin PSS that they replaced.
>>
>>28029720
>I suck so bad that I'm not even going to bother to try to improve, and I will not get decent tires because I am just OK with stagnating and never trying to improve myself

Anon, this is NOT a good thing and NOT something to brag about. You should consider therapy for your inferiority complex. You have to at least try at things, anon. Don't give up just because you're retarded
>>
>>28030238
I know you like to talk shit, but I think you might genuinely be underage. I'm not ashamed to admit I'm in the bottom half of my group after a year. I'm not a natural, but I'm improving every event. I'm not going to spend the money on the hottest tires this year when I won't get my money's worth out of them. I'll happily spend twice as much per tire when (not if) I'm in the 80th percentile. and if you don't see the value in that strategy then your fragile ego is going to get a real reality check if you ever actually get off your ass and finally go to the track with your invisible RE-71RS's, and wonder why you're not the fastest kid on the block after spending the most money.
>>
>>28030272
Nobody is good the first time they show up. It took me most of a season to start even holding my own. But the mindset of "I'm not even going to try, so I'm just gonna show up with garbage equipment that ensures I both do badly and don't learn anything" is what's holding you back.

That, or it's you coping for being too poor and retarded to buy real tires. But surely that's not what's going on, right?
>>
File: IMG_20241008_183202_726.jpg (60 KB, 1279x1280)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>28030294
dawg, acting like RT660s aren't competitive at a local level is completely delusional. this isn't /v/ as much as you like shitposting. I'm not in a hurry to burn money, my priority improving my times, improving my car control, and having fun in that order.
>>
>>28030321
>w-w-w-well look at this completely arbitrary graph i got that says i'm fun!!!
>maybe if i cope harder, i will be a woman- i mean, if i cope enough rt660s will be good!
>p-please mister anon, admit that my shit tires are good!

Anon, cope all you like! Just make sure to kill yourself as soon as possible, because acting like rt660s are anything other than a joke is fanciful at best.

If you want to be shit, buy shit that's gonna disintegrate the first time they get hot.

If you want to improve, bring the proper equipment. Simple as.
>>
File: IMG_20241008_202850_049.jpg (172 KB, 1020x1280)
172 KB
172 KB JPG
>>28030422
>unfunny tranny obsessed faggot keeps calling me names
>doesn't understand memes
>no other argument except "stop liking what I don't like!" and "kys"
>no car or 200tw tires posted
uh oh!
>>
>>28030536
>the temper tantrum continues
>still coping about shit tires
>still begging, absolutely pleading for validation
>"please mr anon, please, please give me validation!!! please!!! look at this jpeg I found on google!!! please!"

Anon, what even do you drive? A base model Mitsu Mirage?
>>
>>28031689
that table is a summary of the best 200tw tire data you can get in 2024, and I gave it to you for free. if you were actually serious about racing you'd be thanking me for sharing such a valuable resource, but you're just an ebin trole farming (You)s. I had some laffs yesterday making you look retarded but I'm literally not replying anymore until you post car or tires. later gayboy
>>
>>28031775
>valuable resource
Anon, you can find that on google within 15 seconds.
>for free
Google is already free

>"anon do you drive a base model mitsu mirage?"
>dodges the question
Thank you for admitting you drive a base model mitsu mirage, anon!
>>
>>28027746
>Florida
>it rains a bit
lol, nice joke

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.