[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/o/ - Auto

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_3917.jpg (198 KB, 1200x799)
198 KB
198 KB JPG
Why does every fucking car nowadays have digital gauges and a fucking laptop screen on the dash. Infotainment screens should be 8 inches MAX, is there a single new car out there without this pozzed shit?
>>
>>28056582
i would love to smash/hack and brick every single infotainment screen
>>
>>28056582
base model toyota rav4 probably only has an 8 inch display. get that if that's your only criteria
>>
>>28056582
I think the new Bronco used to come with an 8 inch screen base. But I think this year they did away with that and now only offer 12 inch screen.
>>
>>28056593
I’m a Lexus guy and for some reason bugger screen is associated w “luxury” so im doomed looking at anything post 2016 or so
>>
>>28056603
The 2013 Lexus GS360° and walk away has a 12 inch screen, the largest screen in a car when it came out.
>>
>>28056606
I’m a t/o/urist, what makes one walk away from a 2013 gs? Im a huge fan of all the previous gens, can’t stand the smiling grille after gen 3
>>
>>28056613
The screen is huge
The power is sent to the rear wheels
The motor is a 3.5L V6
>>
File: F45d7w7WcAAHcOU.jpg (968 KB, 1920x1080)
968 KB
968 KB JPG
>>28056582
15 inch 1080p or bust
>>
>grrr i don't like touchscreen because it's too hard to push the buttons on the screen while driving
>Okay we made the screen a little bigger so the buttons are bigger and easier to see and touch
>grrr no i don't like this either for some reason even though it does solve my original complaint
I think at this point hating touchscreens is either just virtue signaling or poorfag cope. If you spent any time in a modern car then you would realize how not an issue it really is. Radio controls? On the steering wheel. Hvac controls? Just set the temp at the start of the trip. It's not like on your standard drive you're being forced to constantly interact with the screen. The only times you really need to spend any time actually focusing on the screen is for adjusting various settings or navigation, which you should be doing when parked anyway, regardless if it's the built in navigation or your phone or a tomtom.
Seriously next time you go for a drive in your screenless car, make a conscious effort to keep track of just how many times you really need to press a physical button. It's probably a lot less than you think.
And I'm not saying oh you vill touch the screen and you vill like it because I know someone will interpret it that way. What I'm saying is if there's a new car that you really like and really want and the ONLY thing standing in between you and it is the touchscreen then you're a chuddite boomer
>>
>>28056627
Wtf I'm not gonna read all that shit
>>
>>28056582
No, either deal with it or buy something 10+ years old.
>>
File: agh.png (176 KB, 444x444)
176 KB
176 KB PNG
>>28056582
For me, it's the reflectivity and eye strain that drives me mad. I angle my phone in its holder a certain way so I don't have to see a constant reflection and glare. And screens, no matter how dark the black might be, still causes my eyes to ache at night. Car ipads literally cause me pain.
>>
>>28056629
Except what actually happened was you read the entire thing, are angry you disagree, not intelligent enough to form a rebuttal, but not emotionally mature enough to just walk away and let it go
>>
>>28056656
I stopped reading this post right here at the comma. What makes you think I read your wall of text?
>>
>>28056659
Because you keep responding. If you didn't read it then you wouldn't be so invested in the conversation. If you truly didn't read it then you wouldn't care and you wouldn't continue wasting time replying.
>>
>>28056582
It looks bad because it’s a half assed attempt. There’s no design theory or planning; they just slapped a screen in there. The rest of the interior clashes with the screen (or the screen clashes with the interior), and the screen is so big it dominates the space. It could look okay if the rest of the interior was designed to match the screen. Tesla is the only one who got it right.
>>
>>28056602
F1shiddy could get an 8 inch screen and physical gauges till 2024, now it’s only 12-inch screens and screen gauges. Glad I got mine before they got rid of them.
>>
>>28056627
They’re ugly
>>
File: crackhead pepe.jpg (64 KB, 512x640)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>28056582
>single new car out there without this pozzed shit?
yeah bentleys aston martins and rolls royces. jaguar too i guess. whats ur budget tho
>>
>>28056582
The way the screen is angled towards the driver as if its some sports car and not a generic lexus soccer mom crossover disgusts me.
>>
>>28056877
i mean u could give ferarri ff/lusso or 812 a look too
>>
>>28056877
porsches seem to have both too
>>
File: 48913.jpg (1.46 MB, 2048x1152)
1.46 MB
1.46 MB JPG
>>28056582
this small enough for you?
>>
>>28056603
'18-'20 LS500s have a good balance of small integrated screens but I hear they're not super reliable in the electronics department
>>
>>28056627
I've driven cars since the 90s just fine without touch screens. I've never driven a car with a touchscreen because I've never driven anything newer than an 08. You're basically admitting in your post that the touchscreen offers no convenience for me. And that I have to adapt my driving style around it. By having to set everything while I sit there parked before I leave. But if the touchscreen offers nothing and is actually a minor inconvenience to me. Why can't manufacturers offer an option for touchscreen delete? Do they really save so much money by just putting it in everthing that they can't offer touchscreen delete as an option?
>>
File: bmw-live_cockpit_plus.jpg (23 KB, 505x228)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
You basically described the poor people version of the G20/21 cockpit.
>>
>>28056917
>You're basically admitting in your post that the touchscreen offers no convenience for me
I didn't though
>>
People having to sit around touching the screen to make sure everything is set would explain why I see so many women sit around in parkinglots idling so long before they finally move though. I never understood this phenomenon before.
>>
>>28056925
Ok then, what's the convenience of a touchscreen if I've driven all this time just fine without it? If it's just backup cams and automatic braking I'm not interested. I can only concentrate on one thing at a time so even if I'm facing forward I'm only watching the screen and not watching what's going on ahead through the front windshield. If the camera has greater fov than my eyes it honestly doesn't matter to me. I'm not trying to be mean. I just want you to sell me on what I'm missing out on having never driven with a touchscreen. What would make me feel like I've been missing out on if I ever drove with a touchscreen.
>>
>>28056917
>Do they really save so much money by just putting it in everthing that they can't offer touchscreen delete as an option?
i actually feel like they do. likely it eliminates alot wiring, work time, manufacturing buttons probably from few different suppliers etc. is it really better to have just screen with no buttons? bet not. is screen with backup camera good? ofc, at least thats what i see as actually useful. at this point i feel like only few will care to have both. audi does have both im pretty sure, and vw if you want non meme answer. toyota and mazda seem to have get hang of this decently too
>>28056877
>>28056880
>>28056890
>>
>>28056917
>>28056950
other than that only companies who take ,,pride in their craft'' or whatever have both kek
>>
>>28056945
I don't care if you want or don't want any of the features a modern car provides. If you're happy driving a 1985 Lada then that's great. Turn those physical knobs all day long dialing in your favorite AM radio stations. What I'm saying is people who make a personality trait out of hating any technology they consider "new" even though touchscreens in cars have been around for 20 years now, and will use the existence of a touchscreen as the one reason they haven't bought a modern car they otherwise want, are dumb.
>>
>>28056963
not him but screens are great, its everything touchscreen that is beyond misreable. instead of making our life easier, we got backup camera in the end(which is one of few actual good features) at price of almost everything. its both or bust
>>
>>28056973
and no car should recieve safety rating above 3 if they dont have basic buttons. but im not safety officer, just my opinion. i believe it should be taken in account when measuring safety
>>
The best thing about my F30 was that everything was either a dedicated button (the presets were really useful) or easily accessible with the scroll wheel. I could stay fully relaxed with my forearm on the armrest and get to any function on the screen with just the dial. With a pure touchscreen it's more effort
>>
File: 1724003751027880.jpg (63 KB, 440x440)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>28057055
I BMW should ever discontinue iDrive horrible things will happen to them by my hand.
>>
>>28057061
They've already got rid of the dial in the newest models
>>
>>28056582
the actual explanation is that its cheaper and easier from a design/engineering/cost perspective than analog controls/dials.
>>
>>28056582
>be white
>can barely see thanks to screens
>be chinese
>still can see fine with more screens
because china is master race
>>
china is mocked for being bugs, yet that's why chinese have master race eyes that can stare at screens
>>
File: file.jpg (291 KB, 1000x667)
291 KB
291 KB JPG
>mazda was the only company on record saying "this is stupid, what was wrong with buttons and dials, people are stupid and crashing more because of the fucking screens"
>design interiors like they always have and have nice physical buttons and dials all around
>...but still HAVE to have a screen of some sort so it's consistently an ipad literally glued above the dashboard as a complete afterthought
>can't remove it though since it's mandated/tied to every system in the car
sigh
>>
>>28056629
Not going to, or are incapable of doing so because you're a third-world shitskin?
>>
>>28056582
So when they breakdown, you'll be forced to go to the dealer and pay out the ass for a fix.
>>
>>28056625
doesnt even have carplay...
>>
>>28058208
No one would buy a car without a touchscreen even if it were legal to sell one.
>inb4 b-b-but i w-would
No you wouldn't. You would wait on the used market to get one lol.
You arent the demographic for car manufacturers.
>>
Women lol
>>
File: dashboard4.jpg (332 KB, 1600x900)
332 KB
332 KB JPG
>>28056582
I don't mind screens when they're actually INTEGRATED into the dashboard and not just grafted-on.
>>
>>28056582
It's cheaper.

Mechanical dials cost money.
>>
>>28058240
Carplay is crutch for legacy cars, not for true modern cars like Tesla. Its like asking horse a horse saddle in a car. It makes no sense.
>>
>>28058326
I hope you showed that pic as an example of a screen not being integrated
>>
>>28056627
>it does solve my original complaint
no it doesn't, there's no feedback and you MUST look at the screen to know where to touch
>poorfag cope
screens are literally cheaper and that's why every manufacturer is using them now instead of actual buttons
didn't read the rest since you're obviously retarded
>>
>>28056927
>I never understood this phenomenon before.
I always wait for the motor to warm up before moving the car. That's a good 1-2 minutes just sitting in the car and staring to infinity.
>>
>>28056582
Because LCD is cheaper than gauges, and can be slapped in every car, just change the software.
>Mandatory backup cameras
>Normies like the dash ipad
>>28056627
Exactly, you don't even use this shit when driving, it's a useless eyesore.
>chuddite boomer
Boomers love the goyscreen.
>here's your interior bro
>>
Infotainment screens in cars should be illegal outright; the average retard already has enough trouble keeping their eyes on the fucking road with cell phones, a goddamn iPad in the middle of the dash is the last thing anyone needs.
>>
>>28056627
>Radio controls? On the steering wheel
and you can thank your lucky stars that they're using physical buttons for them...for now.
>>
Obviously it's way cheaper and easier to stick an ipad in the dashboard and whip up some gauge graphics in photoshop than to actually make gauges.
Also nothing makes my blood boil more than the fact that we have actual computer screens and interfaces built in to cars but you still need to plug code readers in to the car to get any actual information out of them.
>>
>>28056627
>Hvac controls? Just set the temp at the start of the trip
Setting it to auto won't predict when I want a sudden gust of wind.
>What I'm saying is if there's a new car that you really like and really want and the ONLY thing standing in between you and it is the touchscreen then you're a chuddite boomer
Is this supposed to be a bad thing? I'm the one buying, not you, or course I want it to be catered to my tastes. Chances are, if it has an obnoxious touchscreen without actual buttons/knob for a/c, it probably isn't a car I like anyway. Car isn't just engine and horsepower, it's the entire package. Most buyers don't even care about handling and that is their right.
>>
File: suzuki-swift-2024.jpg (304 KB, 1440x1080)
304 KB
304 KB JPG
>>28058451
I'd say that was fairly integrated. This is what a grafted on screen looks like.
>>
>>28058625
>Car isn't just engine and horsepower, it's the entire package
It's more than just an air conditioner too, which is why if you let a touchscreen stand between you and a car you otherwise like, you're a buffoon
>>
>>28056582
Because it's easier to put in one screen compared to 5+ gauges.
>>
File: IMG_6081.jpg (280 KB, 744x396)
280 KB
280 KB JPG
>>28056845
Lucid looks pretty good. Screens everywhere but it all comes together. It’s not just a pad jammed into the interior. Nothing is out of place.
>>
File: IMG_6082.jpg (257 KB, 828x857)
257 KB
257 KB JPG
>>28056845
Rivian interior. Again, obviously designed with the screen in mind.
>>
>>28059755
>>28059758
Hang yourself from the nearest tree, EV shill.
>>
>>28059764
Nta, I really dislike EVs and screens but those two examples pulled it off pretty well I can’t lie
>>
>>28056697
Do my posts give off the impression I put a lot of effort into them? Still not reading your whole post btw but I'll get the last word in.
>>
>>28058705
Kek Lexus, in all of their genius was tying fan speed controls to the touchscreen in their mid 2000s models. Guess how those screens have held up and how much they are to replace? The same thing is going to happen to these easily dated touchscreen dependent shitty UX tacked on tombstone screens.
>>
>>28058217
Based on your aggression we can all tell you're brown
>>
>>28059794
You're not fooling anyone. Everyone can tell you read it. No one would seethe this hard for literal days over a post they didn't even read.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.