[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: maxresdefault.jpg (114 KB, 1280x720)
114 KB
114 KB JPG
Is there any chinkgear out there that's actually a good value for the money?
>>
>>2694228
I've never noticed an issue
>>
>>2694311
Incomplete sentence, sagelord
>>
>>2694319
NTA
>subject
“I’ve”
>predicate
“never noticed an issue.”

Stop shitting up the board.
>>
>>2694228
You know you can buy Black Diamond stuff from Amazon, right? Amazon is just a third party seller. People use REI as a physical show room and then go buy the desired product off of Amazon.

>>2694338
He won't respond to that.
>>
>>2694228
Loop aliens are pretty handy, especially if you use small diameter rope. Plenty of knockoffs on AliExpress. The same goes for all simple metal products; tent stakes, shit trowels, flatware, probably pots… I bought some snow stakes specifically for sand and they’re identical (as far as I can tell) to the ones sold at REI for 1/6 the price.

The fancy feast stove is $1. Pretty popular option. Available pretty much everywhere.
>>
Everything in your picture is pretty solid. 3F and Naturehike are also good low-mid price chinese brands which use modern, high quality, designs and materials. I would avoid walmart/ozark for the most part, their stuff breaks pretty easy, but for something like a cup or whatever where that doesn't matter much then why not.

In general I think it's a good idea to get cheap gear first and then upgrade piecemeal as you identify shortcomings. After many years of backpacking and a lot of money spent the only places where I see a lot of ROI with gucci gear are packs, tents, and sleeping bags. pretty much everything else I've seen very quickly diminishing returns when going above mid-tier.
>>
>>2694319
>question asked
>question was answered
ass hurt because lack of (((you)))
>>
>>2694228
I bought some skeletonized folding knife around Christmas for like a buck and change. The thing came really sharp and I ended up using it quite regularly.
>>
>>2694311
Untill you get cancer
>>
>>2694228
Luv me Chinese SKS
>>
>>2695096
The D model, with the 30rnd ak mags?
>>
>>2694228
Costco trekking poles are a good value, supposedly.

The Double Diamond Costco down quilt is a popular DIY option, or as a not-full-length underquilt for a hammock.

Wise Owl and One Tree (or something like that) are popular budget hammock options on Amazon. They both sell 11’ hammocks and tarps big enough for them (a lot of cheap stuff is under 10’ and too short for a normal man).

SmartWater bottles of course.

32 Degrees (that’s the brand) down puffy from TJ Max can be found for maybe $30. It’s not a $450 Patagonia mountaineering jacket, it’s a $30 deal and worth every penny.

TJ Max sometimes has Darn Tough socks that have been rejected, nearly always because of a cosmetic flaw. No warranty but much cheaper.

Coughlan’s tent stakes used to be a great deal because they’re extra long, but cheaper ones can be found online.

>nice Reddit spacing
Thanks!
>>
>>2694228
Any good cheap accordion-style sleeping pads?

I went to Walmart but they want $30 for a small lightweight piece of foam
>>
Multicam dry bags
Dragon egg clone
Diamond sharpening stone

I would recommend all of these and they were fairly cheap, the dry bags were like 3 dollars each and im really happy with how light they are.
>>
>>2694338
He forgot to end the sentence with a punctuation mark, ergo incomplete sentence.
>>
>>2694382
>Naturehike are also good low-mid price chinese brands which use modern, high quality, designs and materials
I got memed into buying a naturekike by some fag in the tent thread and it fucking leaks in its maiden outing in a very light rain. Even if the designs and materials are good (because the just fucking stole said designs from the more established brands) their products are still subject to chink-tier QC
>>
>>2695882
Don’t you have to seam seal them? I would assume they’re not taped.
>>
>>2694228
Ruv me stove, rike me filter, rike me headlamp, simpre as.
But man Ali saved gave me good quality products, been thinking on getting a Naturehike tent this year, would get more but the taxes made them ridiculously expensive.
>>
>>2695231
Dollar stores actually have passable camping shit these days. At least where i'm from they have an entire camping section with stuff that you'd probably spend $30 each on amazon (head nets, sleeping pads, lures, emergency fishing kits, pillows.) could probably get all of that shit for $30 or less. The sleeping pads are not much better than a yoga mat but they work for me.
>>
I got a Chinese lightweight tarp for like $40 because domestic producers were charging $100-150+ for the same thing. It's held up just fine. As much as I hate to say it, sometimes it just makes sense to buy Chinese, especially for simple shit like that
>>
>>2696464
Nah, you’ve never owned a good tarp. I went to a hammock meetup and looked at more than a dozen tarps. The cottage vendors mostly had cool little details that the Amazon stuff doesn’t. It varies, but they all had some combination of corer and panel pull reinforcements, substantial hardware on various tie outs, factory taping and/or seam sealing, guy line pockets, beaks or doors (very rare on Chinese imports), grosgrain ridgelines… They’re also mostly using 20d/1.1oz polyester, while that stuff I’ve seen from China (Wise Owl and I think One Tree) are nylon, probably the ubiquitous 1.6oz.

At least one manufacturer (Dutchware) makes bonded tarps (no sewed seams), as well as side entry tarps, but those are definitely niche items.
>>
>>2694228
>Is there any chinkgear out there that's actually a good value for the money?
Absolutely. One day I took out my Petzl out of cupboard and discovered batteries inside it melted out. At that point it was the third brand store-bought headlamp I had which was overpriced, shitty, and didn't last more than one year. I went online and rage ordered random well-rated headlamp off aliexpress.

Integrated battery, strong light with intuitive mode setting, pivot, functional usb charger, it had everything, and actually ergonomic to boot.

This was about 8 years ago and the headlamp is still going as if brand new.
>>
>>2694228
Amazon sucks, aliexspress is china

https://www.walmart.com/cp/sports-outdoors/4125?povid=GlobalNav_rWeb_SportsOutdoors
https://www.sierra.com/

You can check several places, dicks sporting, lowe's/home depot/big hardware stores, and more
Bass pro and Cabelas are good, but not that many, and might take some travel.

Of course you could take chances with some big pharmacy's (good for medical supplies) and dollar stores.

Any other places you guys like/visit/ or think might be semi easy to find/use?
>>
>>2697623
>AliExpress is China
>go to a large chain store instead
AliExpress cuts out the middle man and brings bargain prices on Oriental goods straight to you! Seriously, where do you think the stuff you buy in Dicks is made?
>>
>>2697627
>quality control
>>
>>2697631
Its been decent for the all the items i have got, i think the solution is if you are that concerned only use it for gear you cannot fuck up making
>>
>>2696485
Nah, I don't need a $200 gucci tarp, even if it has pockets and zippers and shit. It's a tarp, all it needs to do is keep water out and fit in my pack, nothing more, nothing less. That's a good example of domestic companies producing needlessly overpriced shit and having to buy from China to get a simple product for a reasonable price.
>>
>>2697756
So $100-$150 is acktchually $200 and they’re not the same thing at all?
Ok.
>>
>>2696464
why doesn't aliexpress sell biby sacs? naturehike and other chinese brands make really good and cheap sleeping bags, and also really good and cheap tarps, but i cound't find a bivy yet. it seems they should be more than capable of doing it, good quality bivys from western brands are very overpriced i think
>>
>>2694319
you need to be 18 or older to post here, faggot kid
>>
>>2697907
Because bivy sacs are such an absolute garbage tier meme that even the Chinese don’t bother selling them.
>>
BAOFENG BF-F8HP (UV-5R 3rd Gen) 8-Watt?
>>
File: stove for 50 euro bucks.png (1.43 MB, 1165x885)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB PNG
>>2694228
in general the more basic the product the better the chance its ok. and there are actually chink name brands that are ok.

stuff thats pretty much ok
>pots
>flashlights
>Small tidbits like carabiners, rope, crocodile clips (small shit not for climbing)
>Tarps
>containers (small shit for soap, salt, spices etc
>campe shoes croks clones
>newbie gear like the leather man clones
>repair/replacement parts

and any you would buy on Amazon... its like chink shit general on there
>>
>>2700279
What type of gas stove is this? The way the flame seems to perfectly occupy the intended area in a rectangular shape is extremely satisfying.
>>
>>2694228
Walmart sells sawyer squeezes, so yah
>>
>>2695166
Sadly the double black diamond down throws haven’t been sold in years.
>>
File: Girll picture.jpg (2.56 MB, 2073x3000)
2.56 MB
2.56 MB JPG
>>2700286
https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1005006426809816.html?

Fire Maple Sunflower Infrared Radiation Warm Sun Stove Multi functional Camping Gas Burner Portable Gas Heater 1800W Split Stove
It's nice work pretty well, kinda reminds me of a square radiation heater.
no idea if it's efficient. Certainly not ultra light. But fine for steaks, looks great, and I got it for a personally acceptable price etc

The pictured test steak took like a few grams of gas to make 8? 12? i have no idea if I remember correctly at all
>>
>>2697756
Cottage companies have to set themselves apart with features to sell things such as tarps.
Can’t compete in price with a basic bitch tarp sewn by someone who makes the equivalent of $2usd a day, not to mention the relative advantage of all the raw material factories being over there too
>>
>>2697907
I would buy them on eBay gortex military shell are/were pretty cheap got mine for like 40€ no need to but on AE if thats what you want. If you one emergency single use or bivvy tents that are light you might still find better deals on AliExpress
>>
>>2694228
What I've bought:
Naturehike, UL Pillow, towel
3FUL, Lanshan 1 XL
Lixada, Various titanium items
Windhard, Titanium cook set
Tomshoo, various titanium items
Flame's creed, 750 Down Quilt
Nitecore, NU 32 Headlamp
Sofirn, SP40 Headlamp
JR Gear, XL Venture Sleeping Mat
Other good brands:
Widesea,
Ageismax,
Ice Flame,
Asta Gear,
>>
>>2700587
>Widesea,
my titanium cup is from them, pretty nice actually

also we have the chink shit general, >>>/g/csg/ , /out/ things are welcome there, anything really
>>
>>2700291
I sure hope you use its full name every time
>>
>>2701712
>I sure hope you use its full name every time
kek
>>
>>2695231
I don't know where you live but here you can just walk out with a pad like that. You just go to Walmart and grab it and just leave and no one tries to stop you or even looks at you funny.
Shit is cash I got all the stuff I had been trying to save up for no problem.
>>
>>2702943
Thieves deserve to have their hands removed.
>>
>>2702944
If Walmart doesn't care why do you?
Walmart is worth like 900 quadrillion dollars and they have decided they don't care if I walk out with $200 of their camping gear. What gives you the right to decide what they do with their own stuff?
>>
>>2702957
Some people have principles. Clearly you arent one of them and that anon is. So in the future, since you dont give a shit, dont bother chipping in with your dumbass opinion.
>>
>>2702967
So your principle is that you want to tell giant corporations what to do with their own products?
>>
>>2702979
No, moron. Theft is theft, the victim is irrelevant. You're just a simple petty thief, not Robin Hood.
>>
>>2702996
The "victim", a giant corporation, just lets me walk out with the stuff. Sure they want me to pay for it but if I don't they don't care at all and none of their people even say anything to me.
How is that theft?
>>
>>2701709
i was going to ask if this was going to be /out/'s /csg/. Not a bad idea really. However, I'd keep the two separate for obvious reasons.
>>
>>2694382
>everything in your picture

DO NOT get a sawyer mini, get the full size one. The mini is so bad even ultralighters won't tolerate it.
>>
>>2694228
No
>>
>>2703005
>i was going to ask if this was going to be /out/'s /csg/. Not a bad idea really. However, I'd keep the two separate for obvious reasons.
why? the general speaks about whatever, if you count lanterns and multitools as /out/ in many threads there is more /out/ talk than proper /g/
>>
File: girl anime 80s 90s.jpg (195 KB, 563x823)
195 KB
195 KB JPG
>>2702943
can you do this without getting arrested when you are white?
>>
File: file.png (1.62 MB, 971x727)
1.62 MB
1.62 MB PNG
thoughts on the lanshan 1? I want an ultralight tent but I also don't want to sell a kidney to get one. they arrive seam sealed now.
>>
>>2703028
If ULfags hate something then it is most likely a solid choice
>>
>>2703642
As far as I've heard they're good to go. I don't ultralight though, I just hike around with a marmot tungsten. Short trips, 10-50 miles.
>>
File: 1709104148375.jpg (2.85 MB, 2040x1536)
2.85 MB
2.85 MB JPG
>>2703642
I have one, it's alright. The only issue is that it's super small and doesn't have much room on the inside, so I prefer a two person tent despite it being heavier. For how cheap it is though, you can't really go wrong with it.
>>
>>2694228
Sawyer and Mora (in the photo) are name brands with excellent quality that also happen to be very affordable
>>
>>2696387
>headlamp
headramp, stay in character
>>
>>2697619
>overpriced, shitty, and didn't last more than one year
Replace batteries on any new purchase. Ones included not chosen for quality but lowest price.
>>
Off aliexpress bought Lixada brand titanium cookware & utensils. Quality fine, metal fine, no staining or corrosion after 3 years.
>>
>>2702944
Your time would be better spent reporting copyright violations on youtube.
>>
>>2695882
Lanshan 2 (not the “pro” version) withstood a tornado driven thunderstorm that lasted for multiple hours. Stayed bone dry although the fly did sag and pool water toward the bottom. Thoroughly impressed with it for the cheap price and weight.
>>
File: Stuff.jpg (2.81 MB, 2993x2199)
2.81 MB
2.81 MB JPG
Almost my entire gear is from AliExpress at this point. As long as you do your due diligence and aren't retarded you get insane value. Only stuff in this image that's not from Ali are: hiking poles (got as gift), poncho (from decathlon), knives (opinel and mora seemed better value), hygiene articles, gas cannister, food and the first aid stuff&water filter in the brown pouch (but the pouch is from Ali). All of these punch above their weight in terms of value for money honestly. The only item in here that's ass is the solar panel, and I half expected that when I bought it already. I'd highly recommend Ali for /out/ stuff honestly.
>>
>>2703704
>The only issue is that it's super small and doesn't have much room on the inside
that was a concern as I'm 6'3, but I'm a side sleeper so I'll just curl up a bit if it's too short. I want to start doing longer trips so I'm willing to trade some comfort for less weight/size. I do have a 2-man already but it's almost 3x heavier.
>>
anyone bought an aliexpress powerbank before? and did it blow up your phone or not?
>>
>>2703838
Stick with the trustworthy brands or you will get fucked over with capacity. Xiaomi, baseus, stuff like that.
I have made good experiences with baseus specifically.
>>
>>2702957
What are you, a nigger?
Are you gonna be shocked if everyone acted like you then eventually that Walmart you frequent pulls out of there?
>"Sheeeeeeit, where am I gonna get muh campin supply from now?"
>>
>>2702943
>>2702957
Walmart cares, just not enough to risk a lawsuit by stopping you for small shit. What most retailers will do is save up camera footage of repeat shoplifters and then call the cops after the cost of the stolen goods gets over X dollars. Shoplifter gets arrested, retail employees don't get fired for trying to play sheriff.
t. used to be a retail slave
>>
>>2703643
From what I’ve heard the mini clogs easily
>>
>>2694228
Another option for getting lots of used but American REI starting gear is facebook marketplace bundles, lots of consumers going through the cycle of replacing things for the latest Ultralight piece at REI and offloading old gear all the time
>>
>>2704922
>after the cost of the stolen goods gets over X dollars.
So if I'll ever come to USA and do this, I just have to keep truck of how much I get from a single store?
Got it, thanks.

>>2702957
>If Walmart doesn't care why do you?
This. Normal shops in normal countries don't have any problems with stopping thieves and calling cops on them, even for petty stuff. Keep stealing, keep damaging their profits and eventually through their lobbies they'll push some law changes that will fix this issue.
>>
>>2705037
Chain stores share camera footage with other locations, so they can get you that way. I worked at a sporting goods store and people would make the rounds of all our stores in the area to steal shit like SD cards and golfballs. We'd email their pictures around and a week or two later we'd get a picture of them getting arrested.
>>
>>2703831
I have the one man its 800 grams the 2 man definitely seems like it'd be worth the extra 300 grams. I am 5'11" and the one man is only just barely decent enough
>>
>>2703822
that's what i've found, in fact a lot of stuff has lasted longer than my "quality" gear, ofc the quality stuff has a warranty and better customer service so they'd probably replace, but meh
>>
>>2705108
Thanks anon, that's really helpful <3
>>
>>2705248
Good to see others have similar experiences.
For what it's worth I have had to dispute stuff 5 times over the many years I bought from Ali (2 of those 5 were my fault arguably, as I went for listings I knew would likely be scams) and I won all 5 disputes almost instantly. Each time I got to keep the item too and didn't have to send it back. For what it's worth none of those 5 disputes were /out/ stuff though, mostly tech and home stuff. But if you have a quality issue a few months down the line I doubt you'd have much luck with warranty claims, though I never had to test that myself thankfully.
>>
anybody using aonijie stuff? i'd want to replace my salomon xa25 with their c9111 and c9116

so far i've had an aegismax sleeping bag, a flame creed quilt, a nitecore nu25 and the manlet bugnet i can't use because im too tall. all are excellent value
>>
Most of my stuff is chinkshit, lmao
>>
>>2694228
Loowoko 50 liter packs are good for the money. Not "justasgood" as a $400 pack that has an airframe and a bunch of cuben fiber and shit. But the bags are light, durable enough not to spill your shit everywhere, reasonably comfortable with their padding. And they fit what they say they'll fit. More than enough for some casual backpacking.
>>
>>2706101
Best fit for like 5'7-6'0 if you're a big boy or a manlet probably not gonna work. I'm 5'10 with a long torso and it's just about right.
>>
i have no business being so hyped about wet wipes but i found the compact ones on ali for 3€
i'll see if they're worth it but i didn't expect changs to sell them
>>
bump
>>
>>2697619
>random well-rated headlamp off aliexpress

Well? What headlamp is it, drop the link?
>>
>>2706803
Those things are absolutely shit and always have been, no matter where you get them from. Actual wet wipes are a thousand times more useful. A cotton (or silk, or any material really) handkerchief is not really any more trouble to carry, and gives you more options.
>>
>>2694228
I got some chinkshit lightweight backpacking tarps and they have served me pretty well. The grommets are prone to tear out if you put too much force on them, but I think that only happened when I really reefed on them which you shouldn't do anyway.

Only disadvantage is the lack of grommets or points to tie on, I think mine only has like one per corner and one per side. You really want a tarp with a ton of tie on points to give you more options but for $10 I can't be that picky
>>
>>2708377
sorry idk why i called them wet wipes, its substituting toiletpaper. this is to wipe my ass, i'm hoping it's a lotmore compact than TP
>>2708462
which tarp? they've like tripled in price since 2 years ago when i last checked tarps

i'm expecting that order on friday,
1.40€ head bugnet (sea to summit copy at 1/8th of price)
3L drybag for 2.19€
2€ microfiber towel
plus the 100pc expandable toiletpaper

i really want a tarp from ali now because i sold my last shelter for being too bulky in my 25L pack
>>
>>2703822
Do you have a list of your gear? I'd be really interested to look into it.
>>
>>2708521
I don't have anything prepared, but I can just go through, left to right, top to bottom, review style. Prices are what I paid back when I got it, but I ordered a lot of stuff around 11.11 which is like chinese black friday, so some coupons apply. I won't post the specific listings because it's been a while and there might be different better ones now. Just search for the specific products. If I add (3/6) behind the price it means I got it as part of their 3 for 6$ deals, mostly for noname items.
1. Naturehike CW400 sleeping bag, size M (129,21€)
I love this thing. It's a square sleeping bag that you can unzip to become a blanket for 2 people, super comfortable and warm. 10/10
2. Naturehike Sleeping bag liner (24,57€)
Very comfy, easy to clean, super stretchy, but not super cheap. 9/10
3. Noname "Fast dry Sport towel" (2€ (3/6))
It's cheap, but it does its job and it does dry fast. 7/10
4. 3F UL GEAR Backpack 40+16L (67,48€)
I really like this backpack. It's nicely made, plenty of adjustment straps. Just be aware that you do need to carry a foam pad in it to give it structure, or it won't fit right. The foam pad functions as your backrest. 9/10
5. Widesea foam camping mat (23,79€)
It's just a classic egg nest foam mat with silver foil on one side, but it does what it should for cheap. 10/10
6. Naturehike Cloud up 2 person tent (132,61€)
In Army green because that has Nylon 20D fabric rather than 210T fabric (as some other colors do) and I dislike neon colors. 9/10 Only downsides is not super much ventilation and setting up the outer before the inner is a bit annoying when it rains. But the best tent I ever owned overall (to be fair it's just my 3rd overall). The mat next to it comes with the tent.
(cont)
>>
>>2708521
(cont)
7. Widesea Sleeping pad with integrated pillow and inflation sack (30,13€)
It's quite comfy and well padded for how thin it is, but has no thermal insulation except for the air it is filled with. The foam mat handles that part for me. The inflation sack is also good quality. That being said the integrated pillow sucks ass for me ergonomically, I'd much rather carry a normal inflatable pillow and have the mat be totally flat. 7/10
8. Boundless Voyage Titanium Cup (11,52€)
It's a titanitum cup for cheap. Well made. Comes with a net to carry it in. 10/10.
9. Gas stove (5,38€)
This is a noname product, but you can still find it when searching for "camping gas stove". It's neither the strongest nor the lightest, but I got it for cheap and it refuses to break ever since. 8/10
10. Folding stainless steel camping cutlery (3,66€)
The fork and spoon are decent, the screw-on chopsticks are actually amazing though. Comes in a nice fabric bag. 9/10
11. Folding stainless steel shovel (4,55€)
Comes with a nylon bag. I use it for gardening and digging poop holes. 7/10.
12. Noname camping foam mat (2,91€)
I just use this to sit down on wet surfaces. Cheaply made, but gets the job done. 6/10.
13. 60L waterproop bag cover (2€ (3/6))
It's waterproof, stretches well, and keeps my pack dry. No complaints, 9/10.
14. Noname molle bag (4,75€)
I have all my first aid stuff, firemaking stuff etc in here. Does what it says. 9/10.
15. Flying Bear sleeping pillow with integrated inflator (3,85€ (3/6))
The inflator is in the way, making it less comfy, it doesn't work properly and eventually broke. Just get a normal inflatable pillow instead for cheaper. 2/10.
16. Sofirn H05B Headlamp (11,78€)
USB-C charging, metal body, white and red LEDs, uses easily replaceable 18650 cells. Only complaint is that the lowest brightness isn't low enough for my tastes 8/10.
(cont)
>>
>>2708521
(cont)
17. Noname waterproof drybag (2€ (3/6))
It's a waterproof bag that I carry my electronics in. If you just submerge it with force water will eventually get in, but it's enough protection for most cases. 8/10.
18. Noname camping light (2€ (3/6))
Takes 3 AAA batteries and emits a nice, soft white light. I use it to illuminate the entire tent
19. Motorcycle code lock (3,69€)
This is just a combination lock with a long thin integrated retractable wire. I use it to secure my bag if it's between outer and inner tent in case animals wanna take it in the night (happened before) or (when not /out/) to secure my bag/stuff to something when i go swimming on a public beach. You could cut the wire with a multitool, but it's more of an animal/opportunity thief deterrent than an actual security thing. 8/10
20. 1.5mx1.8m folding camping mat (10,94€)
This thing is super thin, but large, folds down small and has 4 integrated pegs to secure it into the ground as well as an integrated carrybag. I take this to beaches or to create a "clean" area outside of my tent when camping sometimes. 9/10.
21. Single walled stainless steel bottle 1L (8,82€)
My conditions were: Single walled (so I can boil water in it), stainless, no retarded plastic mechanism as a cap that will break. This does all 3 with no issues. 10/10.
22. Foldable 5V 20W solar panel (11,88€)
I got this as a kind of joke to see if it would work. It does, but not very well. Unless you are hiking in full sun the entire day and have this solar panel over your backpack, it's not worth it desu. Has a 5V USB outlet. Since I hike in forests mostly and rarely camp in one spot for days on end, I don't usually take it with me. A powerbank is much better. 3/10.
>>
>>2708521
That's all in the picture. If I didn't mention something in the picture, it's probably because I got it from decathlon or locally rather than AliExpress.
Lately I ordered a jet oil clone by widesea for 20€ on AliExpress too, but haven't had time to test that yet. I wonder if it can compete with the higher quality clones like firemaple. I also have a inflatable widesea pillow for 3€ now, that's much better than the one in the pic.

As for apparel, I got almost all of that locally, because decathlon is basically the same price as AliExpress clothes, except I get to try them on in the store. Exception is one cheap shemagh for around 2€ that I almost always carry on hikes. I have a few of those. I definitely recommend a shemagh or similar piece of clothing (a cotton bandana works just as well).
And then there's my hiking socks. I have 1 pair of silver light hiking socks. At 25€ a pair they are really expensive, but goddamn they are the best socks I ever had. Zero blisters, almost no smell even after a week of hiking, they are like darn tough on steroids. On 1-2 day hikes I usually have normal cheaper hiking socks with me, but for anything more serious I wear the silver lights. You have to buy them from their own website, but they come from China, like an AliExpress package would.
If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.
>>
Nice list. Do you have room to spare in that pack or does it fill most of it? Do you know the weight?
>>
Toiletpaper guy here. Came in one day early
Mosquito headnet - 15g (i think seatosummit one is advertised as 11g) - smells a bit rn but looks great quality, for 1.20€ its a nobrainer
Montcamper 3L drybag - 42g, i think thats pretty heavy for what it is, plastic is nice but the buckles are just trash. Not sure I would recommend unless you want to mod the buckles. But not outrageous for 2.20€
Microfiber towel - 72g including the sack. Towel looks great for 2€, sack is probably quite heavy so I'll just use the bugnet to store it
100pc expandable toiletpaper - individually wrapped which I found quite wasteful but after a little bit of water it looks usable. Haven't wiped my ass with it yet but tried one to clean my desk just fine. Very compact, 10 of them weigh in at 19g, honestly a pleasant surprise at 3€/100pc
>>
>>2708663
>Nice list.
Thanks. I am quite happy with it myself, honestly.
>Do you have room to spare in that pack or does it fill most of it?
Actually a good bit of room to spare. If I pack the stuff I usually take (so not just essentials) I will still not exceed the 40L range, I haven't really had to use the +16L area before except when I take stuff from other hikers into my pack on top of mine.
>Do you know the weight?
I just weighed the bag the way I store it, and it was 4.5kg (=9.92 lbs).
A few caveats though:
I used my normal body scale and I have no idea how accurate that thing is, so assume this to be a rough number rather than exact.
This also is excluding a few things from the picture:
The food isn't included (I pack that before going on a hike)
The hiking poles aren't included
No water is included (I carry a 1L plastic bottles on each side of the pack, with a hole drilled into the cap of the right one, that I then thread the tube from the water bladder through. I don't take the bladder itself with me)
The electronics bag isn't included (so no headlamp, knives, lock, cables)
The solar panel isn't included
The sleeping bag isn't included (it's down, so I store it expanded at home and can't be bothered to pack it just for weighing). The CW400 supposedly weighs somewhere between 800-900g and that sounds about right.
A pair of flip flops for camp are included.

Realistically it stays sub 10 kg (22 lbs) even when filled with water, a few clothes and some luxuries added (coffee press, powerbank and similar stuff), so it's far from a heavy pack overall. My guess is around 7-9 kgs all things included.
>>
>>2708715
>100pc expendable toiletpaper
Is that tissue compostable or does it contain plastics?
>>
>>2708764
looks compostable to me, i hope they wouldnt even think about making TP that isnt, but i don't know how to prove it
>>
>>2708769
>i hope they wouldnt even think about making TP that isnt
The Chinese will sell you what you want for the cheapest price possible. Market externalities (like compostability) aren't considered unless it's a selling point usually.
>I don't know how to prove it
Maybe consider setting the one you tried it out with on fire with a lighter? If there's plastic in there it should smell like burnt plastic I'd guess.
>>
>>2708764
burned one. it's just paper. no funny smell
>>
File: 20230710_173434.jpg (3.12 MB, 4000x2252)
3.12 MB
3.12 MB JPG
I've been. Using stuff from Ali for years.

Love the Lanshan 2 Pro.
I've got a lot of Ti gear, 750ml pot, tent Pegs, long handed spoon, alcohol stove etc
>>
>>2694319
your right hes missing punctuation at the end
gotem!
>>
>>2708985
It would have surprised me to be honest, because I can't imagine there being an upside to adding plastic for the user, while it does add manufacturing cost and complexity.
>>2709063
The lanshan always has a sort of simple charm to it in my eyes. Nice picture.
That being said, why the fuck is your fanta green? Oranges aren't supposed to be green. I already hate the dark orange American fanta enough, don't do this to me and add green to the mix.
>>
>>2694228
I have good gear, but I’ve also put some Amazon stuff through the paces and some has held up. Used a Mountaintop backpack to ruck with for 5 years…45-60lbs..5-6 days a week. Rain, snow, sun…has not been babied. Probably harder on that fucker than any of my other gear. It’s still going. No rips or tears.
>>
>>2709224
It's a tropical flavour one, hence the green bottle
>>
Mongar 2 by naturehike
Tomshoo steel pot
Wurkkos hybrid headlamp
Firemaple microregulator stove

I do have a lot of stuff from decathlon
>>
File: IMG-20230701-WA0002.jpg (181 KB, 1600x900)
181 KB
181 KB JPG
Ive had this bbq stove off Ali for over a year, used it 13 times so far. I have replaced the grill with a boundless voyage Ti one I already had as the one that came with it is cheap rubbish. The stainless bddy panels haven't warped at all.
>>
File: 20231224_225530.jpg (1.58 MB, 4000x2252)
1.58 MB
1.58 MB JPG
Like so.

The bbq was only about £5. They now do a thicker walled one I'm tempted to get that's only about £10.
>>
File: 20230624_124505.jpg (2.34 MB, 4000x2252)
2.34 MB
2.34 MB JPG
Before it's first use
>>
File: 20230624_124550.jpg (1.81 MB, 4000x2252)
1.81 MB
1.81 MB JPG
Intact the kettle, aluminium table, small wok and other bits there are mostly from Ali too
>>
File: 20230624_134348.jpg (1.63 MB, 4000x2252)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB JPG
The results of the first use.

One a Ti plate from Ali.

I have only used lump wood in it as I prefer using that in any bbq.
>>
>>2694228
Cool thread, reminds me of /csg/ on /g/
I wonder if anyone ever attempted an all-aliexpress thru hike run
>>
>>2709602
I've seen videos of people doing the AT using the 3F UL rucksacks and lanshan tents.
>>
>>2709600
looks tasty anon
>>
>>2708612
you are from eastern europe
>>
>>2709622
Bbq Chinese pork ribs from my local farm shop. They do pricey but devious good.
>>
>>2703822
I had that trowel, it's a piece of shit. It will fold on your fingers when you least expect it and weighs more than a generic gardening trowel. There are titanium deuce of spades clones on aliexpress for peanuts, you really have no excuse.
Also there are vids of dudes ripping open that bike lock by just tugging at it.
>>
>>2709632
Germany so not quite, but your guess was close. I'm just a stingy fuck.
>>2709641
It's not great, I'll grant you that. But I have it already and I haven't had issues with it folding unexpectedly as long as you use it right. It weighs about as much as my gardening trowels, but takes up a third of the space, so that's nice. A proper trowel is almost certainly better, but for now it works. Not like I am digging trenches or Dakota fire holes often. But you are definitely right.
As for the lock, it's made of plastic, but it's not to prevent a serious thief. At the beach it's just enough to prevent someone from taking my stuff with him without drawing attention to himself while I am in the water, while being light and easy to setup everywhere. I don't secure my bike with it obviously. When /out/ it has happened to me before that a fox or hog would try and look in my backpack when I sleep and have it between inner and outer tent. If I wake up and move because of that, they can get scared and drag the backpack with them for a minute or two, and finding it again in the night is annoying as fuck. This prevents that. Sure some string does the same, but needs to be tied regularly.
>>
>>2709595
>>2709596
If the panels haven't warped at all and it has already lasted a year, why do you want the thicker walled version? It's 520g instead of 400g, costs more (~2$ granted) and you don't seem to have problems with yours.
>>
>>2709704
Multiple Rucksack setups.

I like to keep a couple of setups ready to grab to go camping. So I have 2 of a few things or variations of similar gear
>>
i bought some of these traps from temu a few weeks ago.
https://www.temu.com/1pc-outdoor-iron-rat-trap-high-sensitivity-reusable-mouse-trap-g-601099514051803.html

they are fairly heavy duty and would definitely work for squirrels and similar sized things.
they come covered in grease so they need to be washed and painted with some rustoleum so they don't rust outside.

would definitely recommend them for anyone looking to get into trapping for cheap since they are about half the price of a 110 conibear, but they should be just as effective.

they also sell these goofy things that look like footholds but are marketed as rat traps. i haven't ordered any so i don't know the quality but if anyone is interested they are also pretty cheap.
https://www.temu.com/1pc-small-durable-mousetrap-high-sensitivity-mousetrap-suitable-for-outdoor-and-home-use-g-601099514826646.html
>>
bought these 12 point crampons last year, i think i used them 5 or 6 times so far. they worked perfectly fine for me so far, although i can only compare them to some second hand ones soneone let me use the firs time i ever used crampons. both the metal and plastic parts feel as sturdy as they need to be. i don't think you can go wrong with chink items as long as they are made of this kinds of materials

they are insanely cheap compared to western brands as far as i know, pity they don't make any other alpinism items

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/1005002953073575.html
>>
>>2694228
Spoiler most of the supposed "good brands" are just the same chinesium marketed differently
>>
>>2703838
don't do this. power banks are one of the things to pay for QC for, otherwise they can short and start a fire. shitty batteries/wiring is the the number 1 cause for residential fires now, its over taken open flame in the recent tears.
>>
>>2695132
no the one with the tapco mag that jams after 3 rounds
>>
>>2703838
i do this, i don't think chinkchargers will blow your phone up because most of them are underpowered and don't even come close to deliver their stated power rating
>>
getting a BRS-3000T tomorrow, fingers crossed it's not a brass or alu genuine copy
>>
>>2695882
I've used a naturehike tent 30~ times over 2 years in all conditions and it's holding up fine.
>>
File: no name pot.jpg (1.38 MB, 2285x1630)
1.38 MB
1.38 MB JPG
Got picrel in the mail today, because I like the idea of a jetboil, but don't want to pay 80$ for one. I considered getting a high quality clone by firemaple, but I already do have a stove, so it feels wasteful to waste the money on it, and the only thing I am missing out on with this as opposed to a proper jetboil is the locking mechanism and marginally better storage, though I can store my stove in this too.
Decided to do a little experiment, but very small scale because my gas cannister is low and I didn't want to waste it.
The base parameters are: Gas cannister with my stove on it, set to a specific setting that I did not change during the experiment to guarantee constant heat output (the setting was relatively low).
Then I filled both my titanium cup (which I used for boiling before this) and this pan with 60 ml of lukewarm water (same measuring cup, taken from the same container to guarantee they have the same temperature). Then I measured the time it took until it got to a proper boil (not when first bubbles appeared).
The results:
Titanium cup took 2:18 minutes, so 138 seconds total
The new "heat exchanger" pan took 1:59 minutes, so 119 seconds total.
That'd be ~16% faster, and I'm willing to bet the difference would be bigger for larger batches, because the pan is a lot larger than the titanium cup, so it has more thermal mass and thus more thermal inertia initially. I'll have to do an experiment with a proper amount of liquid though, like half a liter or something, rather than such small amounts.
It also fits onto my stove really well to the point where I can shake it a little and it won't fall off. Not quite a locking mechanism, but enough to be nice on uneven ground. Lucky coincidence.
I can store my large 410ml/230g gas cannister, stove and folding fork/chopsticks/spoon inside as well. If I used a small gas cannister I might be able to get my titanium cup in there too.
Given that I paid 11,40€ for this thing I'm pretty happy.
>>
File: IMG_20240318_142257_303.jpg (221 KB, 1125x843)
221 KB
221 KB JPG
Just ordered the Lanshan 1 Pro for 100 €, hope it lives up to the hype
>>
>walk into rei
>$65 for a plastic fanny pack
>$55 for a plastic hat
>$200 for a plastic duffel bag
>$120 for plastic pants
>$600 for plastic coat with plastic faux down and plastic faux fur
>$32 for an eating plate
>$573 for a used foam paddleboard
So this is for tech bros in portland and san fransisco right?
>>
File: Img_2024_03_23_11_42_02.jpg (777 KB, 806x1071)
777 KB
777 KB JPG
Bags, pals pouches, knives, camping gear I've bought and never had issues with.
>>
>>2702943
I thought niggers were afraid of big bodies of water and mountains?
>>
>>2694340
>Amazon is just a third party seller

your mileage may vary but most of the time when i try to get /out/ shit on there it's not listed.
they love to keep popular shit off of it and sell chinkshit copies instead.
>>
good thread
>>
>>2694340
>Amazon is just a third party seller.
This hasn't been true for over a decade
>>
>>2697655
There is no such thing as gear that China could not fuck up.
>>
>>2713010
In the last decade is when that really became apparent. Sure Amazon itself sells stuff but most of the listed products are essentially eBay but not
>>
thermos rice lentil overnighter
>>
File: img_1915.jpg (2.63 MB, 4032x3024)
2.63 MB
2.63 MB JPG
For me? It's SOL products. They're pretty damn decent for the price, and I like the orange because they're hard to lose if you leave them on the ground.
>>
>>2714006
The emergency bivy makes a pretty great groundsheet just the rest of that stuff looks like shite
>bro can you help me tighten these bolts on my…tent?
>yeah sure let me just grab my hatchet.
>>
>>2714006
Sorry anon, looks like a bunch of gimmicks to me. I'd recommend Gerber if you like orange.

They claim that the "pivot knife and saw" is two "full tang" tools in one, which is the funniest shit I've read today. I also wonder how they expect you to carry it around, doesn't look like it comes with a sheath.

Not a big fan of USB lighters when BIC lighters exist. I don't see any real use for the pocket mirror. The hatchet looks like it wouldn't hold up, looking at that handle. The emergency bivvy does look interesting, to be fair.

But what are your thoughts on all this, anon? Used any of these yet? How do they hold up?
>>
I have the lanshan 2 which is nice.
>>
Any other oldfags remember when you couldn’t buy cheap but ok quality Chinkshit camping gear? It was t that long ago that the options for a budget tarp were the Kelty Noah Tarp or a blue one from the hardware store.
>>
>>2694228
Bump
I love Chinese gear
>>
>>2703822
Lad,
>>
Anons are poisoning themselves with toxic Chinese chemicals, plastics and heavy metals. To each his own I guess.
>>
>>2717052
>Lad,
What did he mean by this?
>>
File: 20220327_165155.jpg (4.86 MB, 4032x2268)
4.86 MB
4.86 MB JPG
I've had this for a few years off ali
>>
File: 20220327_183217.jpg (4.24 MB, 4032x2268)
4.24 MB
4.24 MB JPG
It's first use
>>
File: 20220327_194345.jpg (3.44 MB, 4032x2268)
3.44 MB
3.44 MB JPG
Hasn't really changed from that since it's first use.
>>
File: 20220327_140355.jpg (1.02 MB, 2032x1143)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB JPG
I've had the 2021 plus version of the Lanshan 1 since it came out. I waited to get the longer version compared to the old one.

I replaced the guylines and I waterproofed it with fabsil gold. Never leaked once.

I must have a good 30 nights use out of it.

I've not long had the pro arrive, not had time to seam seal it yet before I replace the plus with it
>>
File: 20220328_084823.jpg (508 KB, 2032x1143)
508 KB
508 KB JPG
I really like that colour 3F UL offer. Blends in nicely
>>
>>2718010
Could you please post the link?
>>
Not the same one but there's loads similar

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/1005006363176194.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.main.55.4ffdCMoeCMoeLm&algo_pvid=c348cff7-4e1f-425b-b876-012e1db837de&algo_exp_id=c348cff7-4e1f-425b-b876-012e1db837de-27&pdp_npi=4%40dis%21GBP%2117.07%219.73%21%21%21151.96%2186.62%21%40211b801a17127069376731442e6f9a%2112000036899956027%21sea%21GB%210%21AB&curPageLogUid=YrbTgvUbs3zq&utparam-url=scene%3Asearch%7Cquery_from%3A
>>
>>2718314
dude you need to cut after the .html?
>>
Bump for cheap gear
>>
>>2710408
It was genuine and made from titanium. It's light and it works. But I think it will only be a backup from now on. I have read too much about it being dangerous at this point to trust it as my primary and only burner. I will be getting the FMS Hornet II - only a little heavier, but tougher and a little more resistant to wind. Fire maple are a reasonably reputable brand. Also, I would trust it to dissapate heat properly when used with a windshield. The BRS not so much, and that's a huge issue; it needs a windshield to stay effective. At low to halfway open it takes a long time (far more than 10 min +) to bring 300-600ml to 70 c (when water first begins to make noise from boiling). The BRS-3000T is actually a copy of the FMS 300-T.
>>2710919
Where did you get that? That's very cheap, almost twice as cheap as the ones I find. How much does it weigh? I'm looking at a widesea heat exchanger pot much like that one.
>>
>>2722096
>Where did you get that? That's very cheap, almost twice as cheap as the ones I find.
The listing I got it from was
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006621594688.html
but that seems to be 16,30€ now rather than the 11,09€ I paid, which is a bit less of a great deal. Also the reviews seem to be gone since the new price was added, it had a single review with a picture when I bought it.
I remember generally searching for terms like "heat exchanger" and "heatsink" etc. After a bit of browsing I got recommended this listing. Probably worth lurking for the next one or two sales to maybe find something similar for a similarly cheap price. It's unbranded, though I think there was a branding on the carton it came in. Sadly I've gotten rid of that by now.
>How much does it weigh?
I just weighed it on my kitchen scale and the pot (top and bottom together) weigh 257g and a total of 270g if you include the netting/bag it comes with.
>I'm looking at a widesea heat exchanger pot much like that one.
My guess is the widesea one is identical to mine, except for the print on it and the color of the handles being orange rather than green.
>>
>>2722227
Thank you anon. I can't find info about how much the heatsink pot itself weighs - the top is uninteresting. You can use an aluminium pie tin/takeout box to shape into a lighter lid if you only intend to boil water by the way. Some people make handles out of aluminium tape or duct tape though the latter is iffy. In my mind, just leave some extra space and carefully lift with a stick or something.
>>
any recs for a relatively lightweight sleeping bag to use at temperatures of 0°C (32°F) at the lowest?
>>
File: picture.jpg (390 KB, 2500x2500)
390 KB
390 KB JPG
>>2722368
Decathlon MT900, 190€ for a good quality down sleeping bag is a steal, I bought it for 140€, since I have the employee discount. Look up aegismax on aliexpress, heard they make decent quality sleeping bags as well
>>
>>2722371
>190€ for a good quality down sleeping bag is a steal
damn that's more than I thought, this puts things under perspective. Thanks for the recommendations, I'd probably have ended up cheaping out only to regret it later
>>
>>2722378
The issue with sleeping bags is mostly a material one, down is just pretty labor intensive to acquire.
That being said, you can totally use a cheaper one for a long time if you just accept that it won't be filled with down. I used one with synthetic filling for years and while the new one is objectively better, the old one was fine.
Synthetic filling means you get a bit more weight and a lot more bulk compared to down, but if you just carry it on the outside of your pack (or have a big pack) that's not the end of the world. My old bag is some shitty flecktarn one from a local Aldi, kept me warm up to 0C for years (granted, I tend to sleep warm and the 0C nights weren't the most pleasant).
While Decathlon and Aegismax are both trustable brands, I'd add naturehike to that list too. I'm the anon from >>2703822 and that sleeping bag there is rated for -11C and I believe it. The comfort rating is up to 5C and if anything that seems too generous, I've slept colder and was cozy as a bug in there. The CWZ400 rather than the CW400 I have seems to currently cost 125€, which seems pretty decent. With a transition rating of 2C and risk rating of -9C.
I can of course only speak for the CW400 but if that's an indication of the other bags, the ratings are honest (if not even a bit generous) and the quality is great.
Note that the one I suggested isn't a mummy bag, it's a square one. Downside is a bit more weight and a bit more cost and a bit less earm, upside is a lot of legroom and you can unzip it to become a 2 person quilt. Naturehike also has other bags, might be worth a shot even if I haven't tried those.
As always, sales might change prices a little.
>>2722280
The pot without the lid or the netting is 165g.
I don't intend to use it just for water, so I will always carry the lid basically - I use the pot for boiling water or heating liquids and the top as a sort of shitty pan with too high walls.
>>
>>2722378
Good quality sleeping bags usually cost between 250-1000, really depends on the amount of fill, fill power, material, brand etc, Granted you there are down sleeping bags for 100€, but I dont know about the quality, you xan always buy second hand.
Synthetic bags are also an option, since theyre much cheaper and condensation doesnt affect them much. Decathlon also carries them, they cost around 60-80€, but the 0C synthetic one weighs twice as much and isnt nearly as compressible
>>
>>2722385
>>2722378
Back when I bought the CW400 it was listed for 156,56€ and with some Aliexpress coupons I got that price down to 129,21€ which for the caliber of bag I got was a great deal.
I had a quick look and it seems naturehike sells a lot of square bags, but for example the snowbird 7, which is a mummy bag, with similar stats to the CWZ and 650FP but in large rather than medium seems to cost 101€ right now. Then again that store has a reviewer who apparently had to pay VAT at customs because the seller didn't, kek.
>>
>>2722386
*good quality down sleeping bags
>>
>>2722387
>>2722378
NVM, found the snowbird for 101€ in another store too that doesn't have anyone complain about VAT in the reviews, so that's an option to consider. If it's anywhere close to the CW400 you've got a bag that easily competes with bags at 2 times the price there.
Remember to store your down bag properly or it will degrade, but there'll be a storage net it comes with.
>>
>>2722387
Thats a pretty good deal, is the temperature rating true, these chinese brands usually inflate it, although naturehike seems like a reputable brand, I bought the mongar 2 and was very satisfied with it
>>
>>2722391
Naturehike as a brand is pretty trustworthy, though they do have a few stinkers in their repertoire, but that bag is not one of them.
As a disclaimer I only ever owned 3 sleeping bags in my life and that's the first down one, so it's a bit hard to compare, but it's leagues ahead of my older stuff.
I do tend to sleep pretty warm, so my experience might not apply if you don't, but for me these ratings are not only true, but pretty generous towards the consumer. They say 5C comfort 0C transition and -11 C risk for mine, and I'm still comfortable at 0C without issue. I haven't gone to the -11 they say, but at -8C I was still far from what I'd call "risky".
The best thing though about the square bags is you can easily vent them all around or use it as a quilt. A mummy bag in summer can be kinda shit for me because I'll start to sweat a lot. Sure you can open it and use as a blanket, but not a good one. With this bag I have a double size flat square quilt, it's amazing for the summer and I know I can go back to the warmer cocoon mode if it gets cold.
If you are still worried, I also have a sleeping bag liner I carry most trips with me. Adds a few degrees to the rating, is super soft and comfy, absorbs some of your sweat and moisture and is much easier to wash and clean than the bag itself. Highly recommended, no matter which bag you use.
>>
>>2722385
>>2722386
>>2722387
>>2722390
thanks for the tips. I'm eyeing the Aegismax Nano 2, I assume that with a hat and neck warmer it should work pretty well even when it's pretty cold (0°C should be the absolute lowest temp I'll need to face, most times it should be more around 5°C), but the Naturehike CW400 or the Snowbird are also pretty tempting
>>2722393
that sounds fantastic, is yours an M or L?
>>
>>2722394
The snowbird seems to have a built-in neck shroud that keeps your neck warm and prevents air from getting in from the top, which seems like a neat feature, then again you can always use hiking clothes as a makeshift scarf for sleeping to do a similar thing.
>is yours an M or L
I got the M version. At 184 cm tall I fit in just fine in that one, but if you are much taller it's probably worth getting a larger one.
>>
>>2722396
Nah I'm 5cm shorter than you so M should fit me great. The Snowbird seems cool but I think you sold me on the CW400, it's features will come in handy if I'll happen to sleep in a full bivouac since those can get plenty warm. TY!
>>
>>2722397
I sincerely hope it serves you as well as mine did me.
>>
>>2722385
That's a whopping 5 grams lighter than the Widesea pot. I will not be ordering the Widesea at risk of herniating my back and not being able to walk the last 100 meters back home due to exhaustion from a too heavy pack. You have truly saved my life anon. For serious though I really appreciate it and I am autismally shaving grams.

Adding to the rest of your conversation: Aegismax indeed seems like a solid brand. But for sleeping bags, I'm looking at Cumulus, which have stupidly light and warm bags if their ratings are to be trusted, which I suspect they are. They are anything but budget chinese stuff, but this is an area where I think that you cannot save money unless the Aegismax offerings fit your exact needs.
>>2722388
Oh, hey, look. Cumulus. Hehe.
>>2722378
I have a shitty, heavy, super cheap synthetic bag. It SUCKS. At least I didn't spend more than I did. If I did it again I would get a sus chinese noname goose or duck down bag. It would cost about twice as much as this did but not cost a ton, be about as stupidly heavy, but I'd at least be warm. The CW400 others have mentioned is less heavy than the nonames I mention, so it is probably a safe bet. The main thing you want to figure out is if you're actually going to stick with this. If you are, then consider paying more for something better rather than buying something intermediate and paying even more for another bag later down the line.
>>
>>2722378
one more recommendation, lookup /read up the standard used for the temp rating. it's gotten better but the temperature rating used to be extremely misleading. rated for 5°c meant SURVIVAL aka you dont die at 5 from hypothermia... and not for comfort at 5°c . Sleeping rating meant sleep possible but not comfortable/restful with for example curled up fetus position
> the upper limit is the highest temperature at which a 'standard' adult man can have a comfortable night's sleep without excess sweating.
> the comfort rating is based on a 'standard' adult woman having a comfortable night's sleep.
> the lower limit is based on the lowest temperature at which a 'standard' adult man is deemed to be able to have a comfortable night's sleep.
> the extreme rating is a survival-only rating for a 'standard' adult man. This is an extreme survival rating only and it is not advisable to rely on this rating for general use.
>>
>>2695132
NTA but god I wish. Bog standard /26\ with spike bayonet.
>>
>>2700587
In the market for a headlamp. You like those two? Which would you recommend if I'm only getting one? Ideally I'd like to use it bike commuting and ski touring as well as backpacking so I'm fine with paying more but I'd like it bright and I'd like good battery life on at least one setting.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.