[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Lots of people can run (Americans u can ignore this) but a few people know that when you run, or walk you get tired. And that by the time you realize it you're too tired to go back where you came from.
In an emergency situation spanning weeks, many people would simply die due to exhaustion. Underestimating distances, overestimating capabilities.
>>
>>2699197
let someone know when you will be back, use a radio or satellite phone if you're really fucked up you gay retarded nigger
>>
>>2699208
Im saying a big percentage won't.
>>
>>2699210
Thats a good thing, the cattle is already overcoddled. Let nature run its course
>>
>>2699197
I always carry emergency bivy gear when I hike any significant distance.
>>
>>2699197
>this thread brought to you by ChatGPT
>>
>>2699197
I don't know what the point of this thread is supposed to be, but with adequate food and sleep, a healthy human can walk basically indefinitely.
>>
>>2699261
>[angry fatmutt sounds]
kek
>>
File: 1690698197738239.webm (1.89 MB, 406x720)
1.89 MB
1.89 MB WEBM
>>2700408
It looks like OP is searching for the words to say he's homosexual but is struggling
>>
>>2699197
Thanks for posting OP. Have you tried buying a diary?
>>
>>2700457
Why did he do it?
>>
>>2701133
He wanted to tell God face to face that those ppl are faggots.
>>
>>2701134
Okay, I can respect that.
>>
>>2701133
Only other option was to poo on the loo
>>
>In an emergency situation spanning weeks, many people would simply die due to exhaustion.

Nigga that's what a tent and mattress are for, to rest. As for food, most American Tubber's can last 4 months without food and your only concern is water.
>>
File: MaoLongMarch.png (23 KB, 625x180)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
>>2699197
Nobody ever told Mao Zedong this
>>
File: i462219.jpg (105 KB, 885x498)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
All real communities in rural america with no crime are 99% white. Prepping is simply moving to where its low pop and all white.

I'm 14+ hours from any 500k+ pop city. I'm living in rural Montana. 14 hours that's going 80mph all the way on the interstate without any obstacles. Even then these states like Nebraska are still majority white in proximity.

Its simple logistics. No nigger or spic is coming where I live when SHTF.

The simple fact of the matter is goyim on the east and west coast are all urbanite consoomers who all own trucks and SUV's. Maybe 5% of them have even 10 gallons of gas saved up at home or knowledge of how to siphon gas. They don't have economy cars and they definitely don't prepare. That'll get you, 150 miles.....

Let's say you have an economy car that gets 30 mpg. We'll say 350 mile a fill up. That's like 6+ gas tank fillups of 12 gallon each to get where I'm at from the east or west coast to Montana and that's still a 20+ hour drive assuming you go 70mph the whole way. If you're coming from where the majority of americans live which is on the east coast that's like 30hr + journey from Florida or the deep south and again that's assuming constant 75mph speed and no stoppage by armed people or blockages with cars on the highways.

A 16 hour journey will turn into a 3 week journey or possibly an impossible or NEVER journey when SHTF, gas is scarce especially since most weimerican consoomers use goytrucks and highways will be blocked. You'll need offroad vehicles, gas, food, water, guns, ammo for at least a Month. That's even if you can get past all the car blockages.

If you plan on going on foot It takes 6 months to walk 1500 miles with all the food scavenging, stopping and searching you'd have to do. It basically be impossible for a fat sterilized normie living in an apartment.

Where you are is where you stay.

You are NOT going anywhere during a SHTF no matter how tough you think you are.

You simply don't have the resources.
>>
A full collapse of civilization will start thinning the herd immediately. Every day you as an individual survive increases your chances of survival as the herd thins.
Isolating yourself, your family and necessities from desperate people is smart.
IMHO, as the US currency loses purchasing power in a quickening fashion it is smart to trade US $'s for real property.
- quality, productive land with a clean, reliable water source in a remote location
- quality shelter
- items with which to defend yourself, your family and property. Learn long range shooting skills. A quality bolt action rifle costs less than $1,000. Quality optics that will allow you to place accurate fire on targets over 500 yards away cost less than $800.
Ammunition and firearms are proving to be as good an inflation hedge as anything else. In addition to your long distance firearm, purchase a quality AR or AK pattern rifle and a quality pistol. Purchase at least 1,000 rounds of ammunition for each rifle and 500 rounds for your pistol. Treat your firearms as the family heirlooms they will become.
- 1 ounce gold and silver bullion.
Invest your time in taking care of your wife and children.
>>
>>2703068
You are a fucking moron. It says in your own reference that 8 out of 10 people died,, which is exactly what OP is saying.
>>
>>2700457
Any context?
>>
>>2703644
good thoughts anon, what are you going to do about winter when shtf? heating is a massive energy requirement, surely chopped wood won't get you there.
also what do you do for work? i'm skilled but can't imagine how I'd earn in an isolated area.

for vehicles, what do you think, a rav4? then you get offroad+long range
>>
>>2703746
>Implying I'm not woefully poor.
Honey I'm going to be homeless before anything kicks off. If I'm lucky ill be dead in a year.
>>
>>2703644
That’s 1/3 of it, yes, but don’t forget the other two parts:
Have friends (in your local area obviously)
Make sure you and your friends all have a basic store of food, water, and other supplies
If SHTF, a group of 5+ competent adults, living near each other with a sustainable source of food and water and a minimum of other supplies will be practically unbeatable
>>
It's the exact opposite my ESL friend.

The most dangerous time is the first few days where someone with good anaerobic fitness and moderate aerobic fitness over exerts themselves. Then they get a flu-like feeling from over training. This is bad news if they hiked to the bottom of a canyon and need to hike back up.
>emergency situation spanning weeks
Weeks makes it easier. You get exhausted the first few days, your Brian tells your body to lower your activity, then you get into a sustainable rhythm where you brain figures out what's optimal. Then in 2-4 weeks in you become fairly efficient. After three months, you're getting to intermediate. A year, advanced. Anyone who has trained for 10k+ can testify to this. Having an offline Garmin watch you can power with a small solar panel can even prompt you not to over reach. But really your brain figures things out on its own by trial and error. Just make the errors non-catastrophic.

Dehydration, sun stroke, hypothermia, drinking bad water, eating spoiled food, injuring yourself due to risky paths. These are the bigger risks. Unless you're in an actual death march at gun point, your brain is going to optimize and tell your body when to rest.
>>
>>2700457
It's phenomenal how you can go to literally any board and find indians doing something stupid.
>>
>>2699197
>>2699210
So what? Are you expecting a cataclysm?
>>
>>2699212
This
>>
>>2703804
Obviously.
>>
>>2699197
>die from exhaustion
Doubtful. Cardiac arrest from being a sedentary lardass, yes. Heatstroke or hypothermia from weather exposure, absolutely. Starvation, eventually. But nobody is going to walk a few miles and say "well, that's it, too tired to keep living".
>>
File: 1708620788220246.png (607 KB, 1340x717)
607 KB
607 KB PNG
>>2699212
Yeah this. The planet needs mass human depopulation. Take away the unintelligent and unfit and we are getting somewhere.
>>
>>2703644
>>2703783
Also know how to become a primary generator of various essentials and goods. Skills. Old world skills (hunting/gathering and land cultivation in your local climate and geography; requires detailed knowledge of local flora, fauna, seasons etc), crafts (rope making, tool and utensil making, turning raw materials into usable goods and items etc), food preservation, even just maintaining farm equipment or converting a gas engine to wood gas (sustainable non-industrial resource that keeps your engines running).

It is also important to consider your local geography, in many cases a cataclysm even minor can and will disrupt your settlement area to the point that it must be abandoned and this should also be factored in with a universal go kit and several bug out locales (with buried or hidden supplies at location even). Some example include but are not limited to natural or unnatural wildfires (including cosmic caused fires), floods (various kinds, such as man made dams busting or even cosmic origin floods and cataclysmic atmospheric precipitation events), earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes (and all other wind or water storms), and even potential organized raiding and looting (even in and of rural areas by less prepared and more desperate groups).
>>
>>2703753
"Priest falls off cliff to his death while performing ritual in india"
>>
>>2703793
It's almost as if 4chan is infested with people who obsess over Indians.
>>
>>2706162
How can you not? Nearly twenty percent of the earth just lives a curry life. Pooing, raping, parenting around in an important squalid hive.
>>
>>2699197
so, what the fuck are you saying? that most normies will die? no, they start to steal and kill.
or are you saying most preppers are not fit enough to survive? probably, but not me.
>>
>>2699197
>few people know that when you run, or walk you get tired
uhhh no im pretty sure thats a universal human experience broski
>>
>>2703793
Their national average iq is 76. The average iq of an indian american is 111. The phenomenon of all the intelligent people fleeing third world countries is called brain drain.
>>
>>2699197
>few people know that when you run, or walk you get tired
What a fucking revelation.
>>
>>2703068
Your own picrel states that fewer than 8,000 people survived of the 65,000 people that started.
Your fucking reference supports OP's post.
Mao Zedong was a fucking retard if he did not already know and required someone to tell him. Like You

-verification not required dick bag
>>
>>2703753
The average indian-american iq is 111. The average indian iq is 76. This is what is known as brain drain. All the smartest 99th percentile of indian people have fled. Only the retards remain.
>>
>>2706027
Who decides? Would you be ready to die for your belief? I'm sure there are hundreds and thousands, perhaps even millions more intelligent, fit, taller, and better looking than you. What if they all decided you're under the cut off criteria?
>>
>>2710689
The opposite is happening with beaners. The smart one's own businesses or a are corrupt politicians and stay. And the low skilled dumb ones cross the border
>>
>>2699197
>In an emergency situation spanning weeks, many people would simply die due to exhaustion. Underestimating distances, overestimating capabilities.
I unironically think that the exact opposite is more likely. A sedentary normie who has never broke a sweat will be deadly surprised about the fact that his body can just keep grinding for hours and days almost straight once the machine starts running.
>>
>>2703746
>firearm autism
buy cookbooks, forage guide books, bandages, and tools if you ACTUALLY want to survive the apocalypse. guns cant save you from dying to an infected cut or chop logs for firewood
>>
>>2712308
turns out when you a buy a bunch of shit to prepare and can't defend yourself someone with a gun comes along and takes it, then you die anyway. After 3 days of food and water stored a firearm should be the next priority.
>>
>>2712290
1/3 of Mexico is current occupied by the US.
>>
>>2712305
>once the machine starts running
But it won't. Once people stop moving they need practice to get moving again. I'm not fit like I was back in my 20s, but most of my old friends would have trouble walking 5 blocks.
>>
>>2703068
Didn't most of them just fuck off and go home though.
>>
>>2713525
9/10ths of Spain is occupied by spics then.
>>
What a gay thread
>>
>>2703754
>heating is a massive energy requirement, surely chopped wood won't get you there
How do you think people heated their houses before?
>>
>>2703754
Around here all the farmers with hundreds of hectares drive rav4s, they're economic asf. I've even seen one madlad spreading lime out the back of his rav4.
>>
>>2699197
if everyone knew how to plant potatoes and stocked up just a bit we could mitigate most of the SHTF deaths.

and most preppers wouldn't survive a SHTF scenario either. theres just too many variables at play

the only people who would reliably survive a SHTF scenario is off grid homesteaders in rural areas. everyone else, including preppers, its a tossup

and lots of prepper stuff is nonsense. as you point out
>>
>>2706027
What do you think the vax is for?
>>
>>2699197
How the fuck do stuff like this happen? a bunch of soldiers are herding people that outnumber them 10 to 1, how the fuck do they manage to give up?
>>
>>2699197
Rent free you miserable Eurotrash.
>>
>>2699197
> Americans
Rent free REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>2703644
Jokes on you I will massacre and fuck my way into being the top warlord of Los Angeles. Don't need to stock shit.
>>
>>2699197
before you amerimutts start deathmarch, you eat Jollibee, you like, you buy, you come again
>>
>>2720329
Esta pero unironically
>>
>>2699197
Anyone else go for a nice ruck today? I go at least once a week 4-5 miles in, 4-5 miles back not necessarily camping overnight. Mostly to be in halfway decent shape for when "emergencies" start occurring.
>>
>>2699197
agreed, the vast majority of modern western people are so entrenched in car-centric thinking that they never bother to walk anywhere substantial. walking places is good prepping

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.