[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1682087676109663.png (610 KB, 800x600)
610 KB
610 KB PNG
The chad vs the tryhard
>>
File: 1709131172930544.png (675 KB, 800x600)
675 KB
675 KB PNG
>>2703771
The chad vs the tryhard
>>
>>2703771
I'd love to wear preppy English hunt clothing when I go out but it's too embarrassing desu. You'd just come off as some poser city-boy out for a Larp
>>
File: 1704098266227800.png (730 KB, 464x659)
730 KB
730 KB PNG
>I'm wearing camo
>>
>>2703775
As opposed to a child larping as Rambo?
>>
>>2703771
I don't find either that cringe.
Hunting is always cool.
This is a high income vs low income thread.
>>
>>2703775
Good, that's how it should be. Are you hunting or doing a fashion shoot for The Field?
>>
surplus + classic outdoor clothes are the kino combination, i 'ate redneck camo
>>
>>2703775
I’ve never done it personally but I really think someone could make a good inexpensive hunting coat from a woolen blazer jacket from goodwill, sew on a game pouch in the back and dump pockets if need be. They’re generally good colors for the woods and warm enough yet breathable.
>>
>>2703776
>m'yep gotta wear my huntin' ppe so the deer know I am a faggit and avoid me
>>
>>2703771
English upland hunting is entirely different from american hunting. For starters we don't have people flushing the birds for us, and we don't exclusively hunt private property on multi million dollar estates. American hunters also have laws regarding what they can wear, be it camo or not or hunter orange requirements.

Camo is also important for certain game species and hunting methods. You can get within bowshot of an elk with solids, and you can get within range of a turkey, but it is significantly easier with camouflage. Duck hunters also use heavy camo and blinds. The game species have excellent eye sight and can detect you, especially if you move.

Upland hunting for pheasant you can get away with it since the hunting style permits it. You want pheasant to see you and get nervous and flush.
>>
>>2703773
Douchenoodle is wearing a niggerball-hat..I mean a Patriots hat and a bunch of over priced camo to fool animals that are fucking color blind.

Cocksucker on the right has a 500 dollar man purse and a folding double barrel that city cocksuckers love to "sport shoot" with and a getup that is gayer than pride in Portland.

They're both Style Chasing bitches that are the reason hunting is so expensive and for rich boomers instead of a way for poor people to feed themselves.
>>
>>2703939
t. nigga who eats Trader Joes brand macncheese
>>
>>2703916
My man. Just wear a tan jumpsuit. It works for a big cat it'll work for you.
>>
>>2703916
Good post. OP is a larper who doesn't know the first thing about hunting. I say that as someone who doesn't own a single piece of camo aside from a mask for turkey hunting. You don't NEED it, but it sure does help at certain times.
>>
>>2703771
they're both tryhards
>>
>>2703976
I don't know how to tell you this anon, but we aren't cats. We don't move like cats, we don't hunt like cats, and we are sticking 6 feet up in the air while walking around. Most big cats have some sort of natural camo, lions and cougars have spots when they are young, albeit lions just barely. Tiger? Camo, lion? no, Leopard? yes, Cougar? no, Cheetah? yep camo, same for jaguar, same for lynx.

I'm not arguing FDE/OD green can't work, but a camo pattern is more likely to break up your outline than a solid color. Macro and micro patterns can make it hard for an animal to focus on you, which can be critical in keeping them from spooking on you.

Hunting clothing also tends to be purpose built with the activity in mind and has specific features that slapping some tan overalls on won't have. Camo for instance, but also breathability, flexibility, moisture resistance or repellence, scent reduction and often critically, noise reduction. On a technical level general use garments often have UV brighteners (common in most detergents) which are intended to make the colors pop out, but also make you significantly more light reflective outside, and higher end hunting garments generally do not or should not. The downside is this comes at a price hike compared to everyday garments.

Camo is not required for every hunt, but it is helpful and there is a reason it is used.
>>
File: IMG_2789.jpg (875 KB, 1284x1870)
875 KB
875 KB JPG
>>2703939
You must be pretty familiar with niggerball to be able to tell what this blurry logo is
>>
>>2704032
Stop making sense and being reasonable!!!
>>
>>2703771
Hunting in Europe is for rich fags and is gate kept while Hunting in NA is for the common man. If you want to dress up like a fag and stand still while you get some retard to flush out birds for you, by all means do it but if you want to hunt real game then you got to wear some hunting gear.
>>
>>2704017
Thank you, and yes it is most likely someone bought X clothing and wants to feel good about their choice or style more than anything. Lots of people argue gear online, few people actually get out and use it.
>>
File: 597271_311_995.jpg (293 KB, 1600x1126)
293 KB
293 KB JPG
>>
>>2703771
>the state of this board
Herbs if you're going to post retards. Op is long gone looking for a quick fix of dopamine by posting click bait
>>
>>2704054
Did you think this was Reddit for a moment? Lol. Fag.
>>
>>2704504
>use the magic downdoot you guise
Hello newfag
>>
>>2703771
>SxS
Cringe.
>>
File: 1709131172930544(1).png (676 KB, 800x600)
676 KB
676 KB PNG
The tryhard >>2703773
vs the chad (me)
>>
>>2703939
>hunting is so expensive and for rich boomers
Holy fuck how poor are you? Lmao
>>
File: 1709131172930544.png (1.38 MB, 1468x606)
1.38 MB
1.38 MB PNG
The chad vs the tryhards.
>>
>>2703916
Hey! get out of here with your logic and reason, we are here only to be angry.
>>
>>2704487
tasteful
>>
I started hunting by buying a 200 dollar crossbow kit and a 25 dollar backpack. No camo, no bells and whistles. And I fucking crush.
>>
>>2705991
Based
>>
>>2705943
Cheaper, more varied, more fun.

Wild game isn't hopped up on hormones or dyes to look appetizing. Big game tags in state can be 50-100 and provide lots of food each year, only real necessary investment is a gun and scope depending on game. It can be hard to find wild game species in a common supermarket, and the tastes are completely different.

Also I like getting outdoors.
>>
File: 1709530755506769.jpg (18 KB, 360x360)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
>>2703776
in fairness i thought animals can't see orange right? or else how could tigers be sneaky?
>>
>>2706095
the savannah is orange mang
>>
>>2706092
>Wild game isn't hopped up on hormones

So you can get free test from cow meat?
And you can get parasites or a brain eating prion disease from wild meat? Interesting. Difficult choice.
>>
>>2706136
Fish & Game departments are constantly checking for chronic wasting and track it's spread. You can ask them what populations are currently suffering. You can also get your meat tested before you eat it. If nothing else, don't shoot an animal acting weird or looking weird. You can also open up its brain and take a look to see if its holey.
>>
>>2706134
Are you retarded?
>>
>>2706095
Prey animals tend to rely on hearing and scent, seeing is tertiary.
Orange is good for being hard to spot during dusk.
Really all camo is, is breaking the shapes and patterns of ehat something looks like.
What usually gives away tigers and lions etc. is smaller animals like birds and monkeys, because they benefit from bigger herbivores to drop food, droppings, and distraction from those big predators.
Prey animals are safer in groups.
>>
>>2703771
The larp vs the felon who can't own a gun anymore fify
>>
>>2703771
I had a rough deer season last year and some dork tried to tell me it was because I didn't drop hundreds of dollars on fancy RealTree camo. Like our grandpas weren't dropping multiple deer a year wearing jeans and flannel while chain smoking.
>>
>>2706245
Sight is not a tertiary method of detection. Hearing is important but you don't have any idea of what is breaking through those bushes. It could be another ungulate, it could be a bear, it could be a human, it could be the wind. Ungulates can identify smells and sights. Turkey for instance are well known for their incredible vision, but you can call in a turkey with a diaphragm call or pot call just like you can call in an elk; they can't tell it's not real. For some big game like ungulates you thrash bushes as bucks are interested in any fighting over potential mates.

Ungulates have dichromatic vision. They see blue and yellow along with shades of gray. Orange is not perceived as orange but rather a shade of gray. Different species have varying visual acuity levels and varying color perceptions, which is part of the reason you can hunt some species like turkey and duck in full camo but not deer or upland bird. Orange is primarily so you don't shoot each other.

Prey animals herding behavior depends on species adaptations to survive. Herding is not a universal behavior. Quail group up but chukar or grouse don't. It depends on the species and their habitat.
>>
>>2706265
Criminal trash
>>
>>2704533
you couldn't be more wrong. compound bows are already cringe. a crossbow is just a 1000x gayer.
>>
>>2703771
>>2703773
They could easily be the same man, simply in pursuit of different game.
>>
>>2703771
can you speak English? this is not your reddit discord call for you and your other boy kissing friends
>>
>>2706092
>Cheaper, more varied, more fun.
>Wild game isn't hopped up on hormones or dyes to look appetizing. Big game tags in state can be 50-100 and provide lots of food each year, only real necessary investment is a gun and scope depending on game. It can be hard to find wild game species in a common supermarket, and the tastes are completely different.
The tryhard
>Also I like getting outdoors.
The chad
>>
>>2706442
Sound is 360 degrees, scent goes for miles, vision for animals is directly in front of them.
Walk around your house on hands and knees and see how much you miss.
You ever see videos of people being passed by large predators?
They are smelling and listening, not looking, its impossible to be that low to the ground and have good visual.

But on what you said regarding specific animals I cant disagree, you seem knowledgable.
>>
>>2703939
>They're both Style Chasing bitches
probably looks that way to your mind because they are both photos of models that these companies are using to try and sell you their clothes/gear? lol…
>>
>>2706095
Deer see orange, red, and pink as shades of green or brown. I killed three deer last season from an old, bright-pink camp chair that I got for free.
>>
>>2707816
Fun fact, some states are adopting 'hunter pink' as another option instead of just hunter orange. Works the same, and allows women to hunt in all those camo/pink clothes they bought. Just extra push for women hunters. Washington for instance allows hunter orange or pink.
>>
>>2703771
People move over to bows because rifle hunting gets too easy and kind of boring. Having to try hard to get a kill is kind of the whole point of hunting. Idk what the deal with crossbows is.

>>2703776
Point is to not get domed by the other retards wandering around public land. You have no idea just how fucking retarded it gets out there. Luckily I'm in Texas so practically all hunting is on private land. Downside is you have to pay, upside is you dont have to dress like a traffic cone and you often get ~11 000 acres all to yourself.
>tfw went hunting with a friend in PA
>first day of the season
>sounded like the battle of valley forge in those woods.
>>
>>2709067
>rifle hunting gets too easy and kind of boring.
I'm not a hunter but I could see that, although I would hope people would still put getting a clean kill above the need to play Rambo.
>>
>>2703776
Does it hide you from game? Then it's camouflage.
>>
File: tiger.jpg (135 KB, 782x960)
135 KB
135 KB JPG
>>2706095
>or else how could tigers be sneaky?
>>
>>2703939
How do you know he isn't turkey hunting
>>
>>2709103
You also get to hunt early. Bow season comes just before rifle season.
>>
>>2703790
I just like how it looks. It's a comfy aesthetic.
>>
>>2703778
Which one is the high income fit? I feel like either can be expensive
>>
>>2703777
>realtree and mossy oak means you're trying to look tacticool
>>
>>2710811
Yes.
>>
>>2710822
Do you also wear electric retard blue with dipshit yellow stripes "hiking" clothing? Or are you a rational person who buys navy, brown, black, grey, olive, forest green, burnt orange, and dark gold?
>>
File: Maxresdefault_29.png (885 KB, 1280x720)
885 KB
885 KB PNG
>>2709763
>Lion!? Please, let me -ACK!
>>
File: cdn.forumcomm.jpg (160 KB, 840x560)
160 KB
160 KB JPG
>>2703771
The true chads mogging larpers
You might notice this is the only image in the thread so far showing actual hunters and not models in a staged photoshoot or from TV or movies
>>
>>2706095
>>2706245
>>2707816
Depends on the animal. Only mammals that have color vision comparable to humans are fruitbats and other primates, but many non-nocturnal birds see even a larger spectrum than us. Deer, moose, wolves, etc. are more or less color blind and the very least have really hard time telling green and red apart.
>>
>>2706092
Enjoy your forever chemicals.
>>
This is my preferred /out/ aesthetic
>>
>>2712288
... you think there is more "forever chemicals" in wild game than farm grown?
>>
>>2703771
They are both contrived outfits.

The twat on the left has carefully put together an outfit for "hunting", which is an activity that he does on his inbred friend's family owned (stolen) land as part of some gay class ritual rather than because of any authentic desire to eat game or engage with nature. Next week he'll be terrorising foxes with his hounds because he's a posh prick. Also his family are responsible for polluting the world with their 4x4 vehicles and they have also helped ruin the country.

The retard on the right is trying to dress up like a soldier and play war games out in the woods despite the fact that he was too unfit for military selection and failed bootcamp even while two wars were going on and gives off the vibe that one day his wife will be found with an arrow in her skull for buying him "Queer Beer" Bud Lights by mistake.

Of the two I find the military larper the less offensive. At least he's probably out in real woodland and hunting. The country toff is about a mile away from a motorway and wishes he could hunt peasants instead of pheasants.
>>
File: 20230916_113159.jpg (3.51 MB, 2518x2524)
3.51 MB
3.51 MB JPG
This is what real hunters look like.
>>
all recent science shows that deer can't actually see for shit and if you're worried more about being spotted than being smelled/heard you're objectively wasting money.

They have maybe 2 feet of depth perception, they don't see you in that tree, they either smell you or heard your fat ass snapping twigs a mile ago, and if they're still standing there for you it's because they're on a sleepless testosterone and FUCKING bender. your $2000 of gear is trash, top hunters and influencers are SPONSORED and you've been successfully advertised to as consumer cattle.
>>
>>2703900
Deer can't see orange. Many animals can't, in fact, part of why tigers can hunt successfully.
>>
>>2703771
Which one is the tryhard
>>
>>2703771
i literally go hunting in shorts and a tank top and the cheapest orange hat i can find
dont even wear boots just shoes
>>
>>2713535
Guy on the left looks like he would stab a zoomer to death in self defense
>>
>>2715845
... he probably would, but he usually doesn't have a knife.
>>
>>2715845
...WHAT?
>>
>>2706335
yeah but there were a ton more deer and fewer hunters (and gay rules) during grandpa's time
>>
File: Chadhard.jpg (82 KB, 397x593)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>2703771
Hunting with a bow is all about compression.
>>
>>2703771
They're both hilarious stereotypes
>>
>>2713535
is obesity a requirement
>>
>>2721674
Generally yes. And a love of cheap malt liquor.
>t. hunter
>>
>>2712969
/out/ the closet
>>
Nobody posts pics of their own wear
Just posts pictures of other men like fags
>>
>>2721688
I wear mismatched Walmart camo that I stole from my dad when I was a teenager. When my son gets old enough to start stealing my hunting clothes, I'll buy new camo. This is the only non-homosexual way to dress while hunting.
>>
>>2703776
Yes, glad you see it. That's the purpose, so humans can see it. Animals can't and that's good.
>>
>>2709763
To be honest if I was hiking and I saw that from 100 200 feet away I would s*** myself
>>
>>2704487

what's gandolfinis foot size, 18?
>>
>>2721674
>>2721678
>fat
>malt liquor
hunters = niggers confirmed
>>
File: exp-b-mason.jpg (498 KB, 2048x1152)
498 KB
498 KB JPG
The cultural crossover between wildfowling and flyfishing has always been attractive to me, although I understand why it's pretensious/WASPy. The family friend who taught me both was a big time Scottish-American, but those layers of wealth/heritage/tradition never really mattered to me as much as the sports themselves. I dress in plain outdoor clothes, cheap out on gear, but get out every chance I get. I would love to do a real flush in the UK one day, but honestly I'm very content wandering through fields and rivers - and I think that's the real ethos of those sports (not the Orvis lodges or 60k O/Us people associate with them in America). Also, if this is gonna be a fashion thread, the old school Northern Americana (Canadians, Yoopers, Midwesterners, etc.) and Finn aesthetics can't be beat.
https://youtube.com/@AlbertKarhuFilms?si=TNzuzoO1QRmyqW1L

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.