[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: fannypacks-2048px-1056-1.jpg (141 KB, 1500x1000)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
i've got this jansport "fifth avenue" fanny pack. it cost like 20$, holds 2.5 liters.
it's good but it's also like the bare minimum. it's not nylon, and i've had to resew one of the seams that blew out. mines also black and that's kind of boring. i feel like it could be better but for what it is, it's very good.
i can fit a whole bottle of water in it, my phone, keys. it'd probably fit a glock.
i just want something better. it was a sort of "joke" purchase for a festival i went to years ago, and i've kept using it basically any time im innawoods so shit doesn't fall out of my pockets.
maybe something bettery quality made out of better materials. better looking, better designed, etc.
any recommendations?
>>
File: fannies.png (1.51 MB, 1079x585)
1.51 MB
1.51 MB PNG
>>2705543
I wear some cheap eastpak and honestly yours is peak performance so there's no need to buy a new one. Use the money for gas and go /out/.
Most hiking fanny packs are way over designed anyway.
>>
>>2705543
>bounce
>bounce
>bounce
>>
>>2705543
I got one of these for very niche distance rides where I want a few tools and shit but not enough to justify a backpack.
It's pretty good. You can get knockoff ones on Ali for fuck all and they're good copies - I just got one of the Evoc backpacks and it's fine - wasn't willing to pay $500NZ for one.
https://www.tradeinn.com/bikeinn/en/evoc-pro-hip-pouch-3l/138157032/p?utm_source=google_products&utm_medium=merchant&id_producte=13361377&country=nz&gad_source=1
>>
>>2705543
Hill people gear, anon.
>>
>>2706106
I wish they made that hpg convertible between chest and fanny, it's the same pack just different straps I think
>>
>>2705543
That's quite the gunt she's got there.
>>
File: IMG_2989.jpg (313 KB, 721x473)
313 KB
313 KB JPG
I’ve got one left for $40
Made of Xpac V15, about 1.5L, and has an internal pocket
>>
>>2706152
thats my wife you're talkin about
>>
>>2705547
>BRANDS BRANDS BRANDS
this is why i like my cheapo waist pack I found at tjmax. Nondescript and perfectly functional
>>
>>2706157
Yo where are you selling these? That's a sick yuru camp fanny pack, would love to get one.
>>
File: 91V6i4HsZBL.jpg (594 KB, 2500x2500)
594 KB
594 KB JPG
>>2705543
i got this one and its nice if overengineered, comes with a shoulder strap too
>>
What are the actual usecases for fanny packs?
>>
>>2708834
carrying handguns, mostly
>>
>>2708865
Europoor here. Why do you even need to carry a handgun?
I am reading some Dave Canterburry right now and he points out that it is a benefit for things you need to have at hand at any moment.
Still the only usecase I have found is biking when a backpack is too much to carry.
>>
>>2708870
Well. Because we live in a wild place. Plus transients. I have black bears, mountain lions, feral dog and mentally suspect hobos where I'm at. I usually carry an Airweight with +p's. Not the finest tool for a gangland shootout, but an adequately powerful and light compromise.
Actually the only time I've ever used a gun in self defense was on a coyote trying to get at my dog while she was still a puppy. That was with my Colt Cobra on just a regular walk in the woods.
>>
>>2708834
I'm a nudist so I use it to hold my keys, wallet, phone and other essentials whenever I'm out somewhere.
>>
>>2708880
You could just stick all that up your ass, fruit boot.
>>
>>2708882
So rude.
>>
>>2708870
mostly for fun. i don't carry a gun for self-defense because my time in a murder trial is worth more than a budding aerospace engineer's life or the contents of my wallet. there are few if any things more enjoyable than going a responsible distance off trail and shooting paper targets taped to a downed tree. i wanna buy a ruger mark IV .22LR handgun for this, solely because my ruger 10/22 rifle is kinda bulky to carry with a backpack
>>
>>2708870
Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.
>>
File: MECRadfanIII.png (582 KB, 584x562)
582 KB
582 KB PNG
>>2708834
They are absolutely 10/10 for biking and dayhiking. Get a 10L with side stabilizers and don't look back.
>>
>>2708894
maybe it's a trick of the imagination, but i usually find it more prudent to carry a gun innawoods among bears and rednecks than innacity among pavement apes. i dunno if it's because of the unfamiliarity of having some methhead or furfag try to rob you, or because i'm desensitized by growing up in the unsolved murder capital of my state. but i can handle an encounter with Homo subsapiens africanus, better than Ursus americanus
>>
>>2708902
I'm the opposite. I carry at the mall because I know I'm significantly more likely to be attacked there than in the middle of the woods
>>
>>2708902
Really? You usually find it more prudent? Get the fucking cock out of your mouth you stupid ass fuck.
>>
>>2708834
I was going to make a post but literally >>2708865 >>2708880 & >>2708900 summarized the uses exactly.
>>
I really want to get a fanny pack. I researched them a few times but gave up. I think Columbia, which has an outlet store near me, was the most appealing brand, but I'm willing to look into recommended options. I don't need any fancy features, and I would prefer to be able to switch from waist to shoulder carry, if that is possible.
>>
>>2705543
AWS snack pack is def high quality and has laser cut molle on the sides so you can add pouches or water bottle holders.
>>2708870
>bill of needs
lmao
>>
>>2705547
Who makes that checkerboard one on the far right?
>>
>>2709729
>hey Bob, that fanny pack looks pretty basic. We’re charging $75 for it, maybe we should add some side pouches or something
>nah Dave, that would make too much sense, let’s just add a couple loops and call it “tactical”. That way it’s cheaper for us and our customers have to buy even more shit to get the complete product!
>>
Fanny packs worn behind interfere with backpacks. When worn in front they interfere with leg lifting. They're useless.
>>
>>2708870
Because it's fucking cool and you can kill somebody with it
>>
>>2706106
>fanny pack
>costs as much as a full aluminum XL game frame

Jesus Christ anon
>>
>>2707007
My website
I don’t have any in stock, but I’m working on making more
>>
File: kpop.png (955 KB, 1063x1388)
955 KB
955 KB PNG
>>2705543
you paid too much for your "joke" purchase. also jansport has the best repair warrenty of any company i know. i've sent a backpack in 3 times over like 25 years and twice they just completely replaced it.

>>2710664
do u make packs for dogs?
>>
>>2710687
>do u make packs for dogs?
No, this is just a hobby, so I don’t make that much right now.
I’m working on putting out a Yuru theme fastpack right now.
I have though about making something for my dog, but doubt I’ll ever sell anything for dogs
>>
>>2710609
The idea is to bring one instead of a backpack for when you don't need to carry much
>>
>>2710877
The idea is to bring one and a pack, keep smaller stuff like snacks, compass, bug repellent and other small things that you might need and not want to stop and take a pack off. This is pretty popular with through hikers and the military.
>>
>>2711251
I do this but mainly based on the 'possibles bag' idea. Dedicated smaller bag for stuff I need often, but put inside of a bigger bag when I'm actually covering distance and not fucking around in the area.
>>
File: IMG_2696.jpg (49 KB, 765x508)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
Just spent $85 on a fucking fanny pack. Fuck me. Had to though, since I autistically researched and shopped for like two weeks and that was the only one I wanted. Also had pay extra for shipping, since literally the only store that had the color I wanted in stock was some boomer small business on the other side of the country. I found it odd that it was hard to find this Cotopaxi bag in certain colors since their brand emphasizes the color schemes.
>>
>>2710702
>Yuru theme
cringe
>>
>>2711522
do you have it? i like the multicolor look of their stuff but the sizes seem kind of retarded. 3L is too much and 1.5L is too little.
>>
>>2713051
You'd probably be good with the 3. I got the 4 and it doesn't feel bulky or get in the way. Go see them in person and try them on if you have a local outdoor outfitter, that's how I decided on that bag in particular.
>>
Are there any with velro? I always forget to zip my backpack belt bags up.
>>
File: tb-fx2-cd-11_1.jpg (308 KB, 1500x1500)
308 KB
308 KB JPG
I use Helikon Tex Foxtrot.
>>
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 275x183)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>2705543
for me, it's the black hole mini hip pack
>>
>>2708900
>a fucking leaf
MEC went downhill after they stopped being a co-op
>>
>>2705543
Hill People Gear makes a fanny pack made out of the same material as all their chest kit bags. It's all really tough.
>>
>>2705543
ive packed fannies before if that's what you're asking
>>
I settled on the Helicontex bandicoot.
>>
Cactus make a pretty decent looking one, 3.5l. Otherwise get a forestry lunch bag they're dam good.

https://www.timbersaws.co.nz/product/776-lunch-pouch
>>
>>2711522
man for that money i would have gotten the hyperlite versa but that is a nice pack
>>
>>2705543
>fanny
DO AMERICANS REALLY HA HA HA HA HA
>>
>>2718451
yeah we know it means butt
because it's placed on top of your butt or groin
>>
>>2705543
For me, it's the pinnacle, the Maxpedition Pili.
>>
>buying a fanny pack
>literally the easiest diy project that everyone new to sewing starts with
ISHYGDDT
where are my myog homies at
>>
I went with a kelty 5L which is either too big or too small. I'll get it figured out, use it for day hikes and got tired of carrying a backpack.
>>
>>2716608
These are pretty nice, also can surprisingly fit a 19x with a spare mag while still having an extra pocket for gum, or a phone securely sticking out.
>>
>>2713277
...dude just get a little 18/20 liter daypack...

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.