[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Why is /out/ such an expensive hobby?
>>
>>2707237
You get a baito dummy, didn't you pay attention?
>>
>>2707237
What's the point of baitposting? Why is pretending to be retarded enjoyable for you?
>>
>>2707237
More expensive than some, way cheaper than many.
>>
>>2707237
Because companies realized they could get idiots to pay hundreds/thousands of dollars for shit they don't need by putting the word "ultralight" on it
>>
>>2707237
Going /out/doors is one of the cheapest hobbies there is.
You have a different hobby: consoooming and buying things to give little dopamine hits.
>>
Hunting gear is even worse, just color some standard hiking gear woodland camo and slap "hunting" on the product name and you can charge double the price.
>>
>>2707371
Dont get me started on optics specific for hunting. My Nikon Binoculars can do everything Svarovski binoculars can, bit they only cost 1/10 of the price
>>
>>2707237
Camping is easy
Camping comfortably is expensive.
>>
>>2707237
FUCKING WEEBS FUCK YOU
>>
>>2707415
yeah pretty much. i've gone years with a $100 sleeping bag, $20 shit tarp, and $0 yoga mat. now this season, after years of exp, i'm upgrading to a warbonnet hammock/tarp an an 850 FP down underquilt and topquilt

that being said, i'm also buying an ll bean down parka for like $20 tomorrow used. and my used external frame kelty backpack cost $30 and is going strong

i'd prolly spend like $1k on the best shelter/sleep system that will last decades, and cheap out on most else, and buy used whenever possible
>>
>>2707237
All hobbies can be expensive if you get too drawn into all the supplies. All I need to go /out/ is a decent pair of boots.
>>
>>2707237
It doesn't have to be.
>>
>>2707404
Thats just how optics are in general.
My sigma DSLR lens is 1000 dollars but an equivalent nikon or canon lens is like 10,000.
>>
>>2707237
>buy weebshit merch instead of just normal gears
>buying shit from a literal animated ad
you deserve to get scammed, ngmi
>>
>>2707415
>glamping is expensive
yeah we know
>>
wait until these people find out how expensive a rocket tent is...
>>
File: 1691405322666887.webm (2 MB, 406x722)
2 MB
2 MB WEBM
>>2707278
What else is he supposed to do while waiting on the two posts per day on this board?
>>
>tons of shit you don't need

buy quality and cry once. a high end tent, backpack sleeping bag and sleeping pad will last hundreds of uses. the dollar store shit won't make it 3.
>>
>>2709686
Yeah it's about balance depending on the person. Most of the time you'll actually get more done with a beater walmart/harbor freight item because you're not afraid to lose and abuse it. On the other hand you don't want to fuck yourself with something important breaking from too much chinesium making it brittle. Save on the routine or redundant stuff so you can splurge where it counts or where you sperg.
>>
>>2707344
youre just mad you are not prada gucci
>>
Well a good start is not getting all your ideas about what gear you need from a chinese cartoon about little girls, weirdo
>>
>>2709598
It's mostly one maladjusted fatty. Real question is why can't you faggots ignore him?
>>
>>2707371
Hunting gear is absolutely ridiculous. Hunting has turned into the biggest damn gear queer fest i have ever seen. They have these chest packs and gaiters and rifles with 2 ft long silencers on them despite shooting an anemic 308 or 6.5creedfag and bipods and its all matching....they look like theyre ready to walk on the moon, not shoot some critters for food.

For most of those guys its became a complete surrogate activity since in the west our public lands are disappearing and getting flooded with califag arrivals.
>>
>>2707415
This. I learned that spending more money to save weight was worth it when hiking back up a fucking mountain in SoCal during the summer.
>>
>>2712177
Ultralight is pay to win, unfortunately

especially if you look at the thru-hiking records, it's all people with supported hikes
>>
>>2707237
It's away from blacks and blacks are poor.
>>
>>2709561
>camping should be uncomfortable
Just type “newfag” in the name field for a few years.
>>
File: 1705614801374975.webm (328 KB, 480x852)
328 KB
328 KB WEBM
>>2714564
>>
>>2716553
I wonder how the jews plan on destroying skiing and hockey with forced diversity. Will they make mandatory welfare pricing and immigrant funds or set price controls
>>
>>2716553
>mostly white activity in mostly white areas with mostly financially well off people
>people feel safe leaving stuff around, not that much theft
>black person comes around, first thing they think of is how much money you could make stealing stuff
No idea what idea what idea he was trying to convey but that doesn't quite come off as he would have liked it to desu. However I don't hate blacks as much as mudslimes and anglos when I'm out skiing, they're much more annoying to be around
>>
>>2716728
wrong board, newfag
>>
>>2717627
every board is /pol/
-t 2007 oldfag
>>
>>2711477
I got a deer last season, and while I was in there field dressing, some squad fully kitted to the teeth like PUBG characters walk up and introduce themselves with "was that you shooting?"
>>
>>2711477
So it is, even in NZ. I cringe at how they look in photos and videos but tbf the gear does get them through some shit weather in hard places. Goddam bino harnesses though, fuck they're lame. My favorite thing is when you see a LARPer at a trophy ranch in all that gear mate you could literally do that in your pijamas.
>>
>>2718937
/pol/ exodus to eightchan was 11 years ago
let it go already
>>
>>2716728
Just go to Whistler, they all try to snowboard in jeans and black puffer jackets with fur collars. Ofc nogs and wogs gravitate to snowboarding.
>>
File: WalmartCampingSupplies.png (208 KB, 820x1644)
208 KB
208 KB PNG
>>2707237
It doesn't have to be. You could go down to your local Walmart and put together a cheap set of gear that gets you most of this functionality, but for only $200.
>>
>>2720086
real thrifty hours
almost like you can get the same thing but cheaper with nearly everything.

what a concept!
>>
>>2707237
>product placement tranime
>>
>>2720086
>go down to your local walmart
Yes, but you won't find half the stuff in your picrel there because it's amazon slop. Ozark Trail has meh-tier stuff, but it's not bad if you're just getting started and want to try /out/
>>
>>2720086
i bought that foldable grill because of your post thank you nonny
>>
>>2707237
>camping anime
total weeb death when?
>>
>>2707237
Oughh,, I have the Soto WindMaster am I a cute anime girl yet? :3
>>
>>2724124
Soto makes amazing burners, but no you're not cute anime girl even with good burner.
Like all on 4chins, you are fat neckbeard.
Got the Soto multifuel, shit's cash, no changing of jets when switching between propane and gasoline.
>>
>>2720086
不潔 一文無し 外人

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.