[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1000000071.jpg (8 KB, 183x275)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
do you bring your guitar when backpacking, /out/?
>>
>>2716311
I don't know how to play any instrument
>>
>>2716311
>>2716320
In Chet Atkin's day you could play guitar with multiple neighbors and nearly everybody played an instrument. Now I am my only friend who knows how to play guitar and any music theory. I do have one friend who collects and plays with guitar pedals, he can't really play guitar though.
>>
>>2716324
Ok
>>
>>2716329
Ok
>>
>>2716320
Are you mentally retarded or something?
>>
>>2716311
No, but when I am camping and getting to the place I want to set up camp with a car or bike I might. Playing guitar at a campfire is super comfy even if you are utter dog shit, just playing a few chord progressions and watching the stars or talking to others. You don't have to be any good either, if you use basic chords you can get by and play "good enough" for most campfire songs with what amounts to maybe a week or less of training.
But for backpacking, a guitar is too bulky to be worth it in my opinion, so it really only makes sense if you can easily transport it or plan to stay on one location for a long time.
>>
>>2716548
You have to be good
https://youtu.be/C59LOeIooWo?si=JHIu_U3kmNsOwx6g
>>
>>2716311
I've thought about it. I've got an electric that I'd like to take out into the trees and record into a phone rig. But I can't easily carry both the instrument and a pack, and if it rains the thing is fucked (prolongued humidity will put it out of whack, let alone if the case leaks) so I won't risk it.
>>
>>2716311
No. Too bulky if you're doing anything that isn't car camping.

Mouth harp and harmonica master race.
>>
File: 1667669442326226.png (683 KB, 720x697)
683 KB
683 KB PNG
>>2716311
I've been interested in getting a guitalele, essentially a ukelele but with 6 strings, tuned a perfect fourth above a guitar. Should probably just bring along an ocarina or harmonica instead though, far more portable.
>>
File: IMG_3130.jpg (2.56 MB, 1924x4007)
2.56 MB
2.56 MB JPG
>>2716311
Yeah I bring this with me on all my backpacking trips.

What's the point of hiking up a mountain if you can't play Stairway to Heaven while doing it?
>>
I had a Harmonica that I would play sometimes when hiking. A Guitar would be ok if you dont mind the extra weight. Just make sure your not an asshole, never play it if there are other people around you because no one else wants to hear that shit while they are hiking/camping. That goes for any noise though, a year ago I thought I was at a pretty secluded lake and then 3 guys show up and start blasting music on their Music player. It really rustled my jimmies.
>>
>>2717508
someone quietly plucking a guitar is way more tolerable than someone blasting music from their some cheap speakers to be fair
>>
>>2717516
>>2716324
I want to go back
>>
>>2717238
>>2717328
>>2717508
based snufkin chads
>>
File: images (6).jpg (4 KB, 259x194)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
I want to pick up a native american flute and jam out in my lonesomes
>>
Got bored on a stormy day on a steep bush clad mountainside once and started making up Native American sounding chants with my dad. Real fun desu, we were pretty stoned though.
>>
File: spoons.jpg (515 KB, 2448x2448)
515 KB
515 KB JPG
real backwoods /out/ motherfuckers play the spoons and chant negro folk songs. the type of music than can only be appreciated after 36 hours in the sun and also while drunk.
>>
>>2720788
Wildly american post
>>
>>2717332
unbelievably based and Page pilled
>>
>>2716320
Not even a piccolo?
>>
File: me on the left.jpg (55 KB, 800x600)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>2716311
>Mouth harp
>Harmonica
>Wood flute
>Pan flute
>Ocarina
>Piccolo
>Orchestral flute
>Didgeridoo (just seeing if you're paying attention kek)

So which one is it and why? I'm eyeballing ocarinas on amazon like the consumerist pleb that I am.
>>
>>2724372
I don't know what that is
>>
>>2716311
Bit big innit
Any recs for smaller instruments to take with me? I have a couple of tin whistles, was thinking maybe a mandolin. Not a fan of harmonicas

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.