[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: BRUCE-BANNER.jpg (101 KB, 1200x800)
101 KB
101 KB JPG
What's up with Krauts, specially boomers, and their kitted out rigs?
I'm in southern Europe and every time I go to the beach, no matter the time of the year, there's always many, many hundred thousand €€€ traveling/camping rigs there and 90% of the time they have German plates.
As I post this there are a couple 100K vans, mercs sprinters I think, fully prepared for world travel and parked on a gravel road right up to the beach.
>>
>>2718464
They need a way to escape the shithole they have turned their own country into, and blow away their ill-gotten gains.
>>
File: UniMogCamper.jpg (90 KB, 1280x720)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>2718464
>What's up with Krauts
Because they know exactly what the fuck they're doing.
>>
Larping that they aren't EU cucks
>>
Germans are pretty savvy so even if they have a lot of money they spend it on practical setups like this. Other rich boomers probably dismiss a van setup as being for poors or, more importantly, can't handle roughing it a bit so they spend their money on expensive hotels, cruises or glamping tours, preferring to spend money for the experience rather than Germans who value material possession, which then allows the experience. Also contrast it with Americans who also prefer material possession but instead buy impractical, gaudy ones like fucking massive RVs and trailers that must be an absolute pain to take anywhere, although admittedly their roads are probably better for that.
>>
>>2718464
it partially soothes their natural urges to LARP as military invaders across europe in a highly mobile and self sustained fashion
>>
i live in southern chile and i even see them down here, with german/swiss/austrian plates
>>
File: landkreuzer.jpg (74 KB, 602x320)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>2718650
>ZESE ARE ONLY CIVILIAN VEHICLES VE ASSURE YOU
>>
>>2718659
Jesus Christ. They're a tumor.
>>
>>2718464
Germany has no way to go /out/ so boomers LARP by being dipshits all over europe
>>
File: sandcrawler.jpg (196 KB, 1599x713)
196 KB
196 KB JPG
>>2718711
Let's start a nuclear war. I want to see Kraut sandcrawlers roaming the Earth.
>>
>>2718768
This.
>>
>>2718768
German here.

sadly you're right.
also in Germany everything except working, paying taxes and consuming is illegal so the only way of participating in most hobbies is by consooming and daydreaming.

then after years and years of this vicious cycle you retire or apply for a sabbatical and spend the wealth that your forefathers accumulated on an Unimog or tricked out tüv conforming Sprinter because you never once went camping and you don't know what you need or don't need.

on the way you also find out that you don't like to drive for long hours and your wife kinda hates camping and nature.

I've seen that shit first hand with my mother in law and my dad does the same thing in small with stuff like ebikes.
>>
>>2719821
>>2718624
>>2718464
As an American I would love to cheaply get a unimog or a pinz for cheap to use as a base camp
>>
>>2719828
You could drive for around 10 mile/gallon and have enough space for bed, bath, and kitchen; allowing you to stay /out/ for longer and come back to a comfy den.
>>
>>2719828
You could drive for around 10 mile/gallon and have enough space for bed, bath, and kitchen; allowing you to stay /out/ for longer and come back to a comfy den.
>>
>>2719830
>>2719839
no clue how I did that
>>
>>2719828
I kid you not, sometimes I think about starting an export business for cars.
I can hook you up with some reasonable priced older bmw as well.
>>
I thought only Americans did this?

>>2719828
Trust me, you do not want anything Mercedes. Due to US fuel regulations, it causes their motors to be unreliable and break. They used to sell these cars here, I think they still sell the Sprinter, but there was so much outrage at the repair shops against their brand that Mercedes said fuck it and stopped importing. American "diesel" is not the same diesel that these cars are actually designed for. You're better off with a gas engine Chevy Express 3500 or Pro master. I know they don't look as tacticool, but it is what it is.
>>
>>2720205
>You're better off with a gas engine
no
>>
>>2720072
>I can hook you up with some reasonable priced older bmw as well.
WHO WANTS A MONEY PIT LIKE THAT?
I AIN'T BUYING YER SHIT, MUHAMMED.
>>
>>2718464
they will need them to run over all the turkish hordes taking over their country
>>
>>2718464
Krauts can't afford that van lmao. Wtf are you on about?
>>
>>2720205
I, too, was under the impression that van life was a North American phenomena. Maybe the tiktok boom that we saw right before COVID also made it fashionable in Europe?
Anyway I agree that people should avoid German vehicles if they plan on using their vehicle for camping. In the US at least, stuff made in Germany typically requires going to a mechanic that focuses on imports. General maintenance often requires things like specialized synthetic lubricants, and German engineering philosophy prioritizes capability over ease of repair. This isn't necessarily an issue if you have shitloads of cash to burn and are only planning on using it a few times a year (honestly, most retirees would fit this category), but if you want to put serious miles on your camper van, I'd recommend a Ford Transit or Dodge Promaster.
>>
>>2720205
>only americans
lol so naive. overlanding is an european/colonist invention.
there is direct land access to the entire european, asian and african continents from here and its been explored by cars since, well, the invention of the car. didnt really kick off until after ww2 and 70s was when it really started to be a thing.
most of theese are doers, not posers, so they dont really post much online except from a few forums, and a whole lot of it is in their native language so it might not ever come up on your suggestions. germany, france, nordic, dutch, spain, italy, all of these basicly have their own section of internet that you barely see while they see all of yours.
i might only be a norwegian but i have friends who have driven far into africa and asia, and i seen plates here from the same places. also the occational usa or canadian plates.
>>
>>2722867
>Being this much of a clueless flyover
Do you have any idea on how much money boomers are sitting on right now?
>>
>>2723691
>only boomers
you would be suprised how many middle aged, even mid-late 20s can afford such here today.
>>
>>2718760
yesterday i saw one with a french plate, new one to me.
>>
>>2723950
Imo the French are better tourists, though in here it's mostly germ trash hogs. I loathe them.
>>
>>2723691
Not in Germany. In Canada absolutely you see these vans everywhere, in the US absolutely.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.