[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: google.jpg (276 KB, 1000x450)
276 KB
276 KB JPG
Has anyone here done the GR11 trans Pyrenees trail?
Is May ok to cross it or is there still too much snow and ice left on the path?
>>
>>2718470
There will be 0 snow as early as february. I was there 2 weeks ago. This far south you need to be above 1800m roughly before night time snow is even a flash risk.
>>
>>2718499
There are multiple passes over 2500m and if detour to summit the peaks they're over 3300m so I have a hard time believing the accuracy of your post.
>>
>>2718511
Well yeah no shit there will be snow at 3300m, that is above the snow line.
>>
>>2718514
>There will be 0 snow as early as february
Maybe don't go around making statements like this.
>>
>>2718519
Ntayrt
When you say "snow" it assumes that it's snow that isn't there all year long. Anon's answer is easily understood
>>
>>2718470
In May you can do all the GR11 without touching snow. If you want to do some summits on the way of course you will face snow and ice patches, but nothing to technical if you know what you are doing. I've done some parts of it and its completely worth it, especially the aragonese part
>>
how long does it take? i probably don't want to the whole thing but maybe some parts
>>
>>2721266
This post didn't need a bump you fucking numpty!
>>
>>2721266
It can take a whole summer, but depends on how long are you walking per day
>>
>>2721241
Nice to know. Any tips?
>>
>>2718470
that trail will never be a woman

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.