[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1695213613037521.jpg (922 KB, 1512x2016)
922 KB
922 KB JPG
If you see my pix, I have a walmart daypack and a couple of hikes i've needed trekking poles, but only partly (maybe on the return), so I usually carry them on the backpack. I had a Chinese pack that had these rubber-band-like straps that secured the poles well and were quick-release, which is useful when out in the cold.
This pack doesn't have such straps, so I added some velcro cable ties, except those things are a hassle to open and close, and in freezing weather this is worse!
I was wondering if any of you know of some rubber loops that I could attach to the daypack to tie down the poles and allow for quick release?
There is so much equipment out there, somebody must have thought of this!
>>
File: 8bc04b4144b48414.png (1.16 MB, 1093x1077)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB PNG
>If you see my pix
i thought the peak of newfaggotry these days was calling it pic related
>>
File: s-l1200.jpg (198 KB, 800x800)
198 KB
198 KB JPG
>>2718986
Get some molle bungees.
>>
>>2718998
this. any small bungee cord will do. they make some very short ones which are great for day packs
>>
>>2718986
Noose knot with a slip on static cord, wire or ducttape
>>
>>2718986
Ask your s 0 ybot to hold them for you
>>
>>2718998
this is exactly what I was looking for, thanks so much!
>>
>>2718986
I just stick them in the side pocket and secure with one strap. Mine are pretty short telescopic poles.
>>
>>2718986
There’s also a method to secure them to your pack while hiking. Attach two by bungee cords with cord locks to your pack: one on the shoulder strap and another on the hip belt. Zpacks sells this as a kit, but it’s easy enough to make.
>>
https://youtube.com/shorts/eyvNBE0kQzs?si=YwEX6aluHE53G8WK
>>
Bungie cord and locks. Works perfectly. Simple as.
>>
Ski straps would work but they might be a little big. Very useful to have for a lot of things.
>>
File: You're doing it wrong.jpg (538 KB, 2080x1560)
538 KB
538 KB JPG
>>2718986
You don't need a waste strap on a pack that small. Run the hand loops through the strap on the bottom and use the top straps to keep them horizontal.
picrel.
>>
>>2718999
It's cheaper to make your own bungie chords. REI sells bungie chord by the foot and the end attaches are cheap as hell.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.