[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1712884169013062.jpg (271 KB, 1024x1024)
271 KB
271 KB JPG
Is it irresponsible to plant mint at campsites that I frequent?
I know that mint typically needs to be potted as it can spread quickly and is incredibly hard to even get rid off, much less control it. I've thought about just planting some at some campsites that I frequent so I can always have fresh mint for various things, but would it be bad for the ecosystem? I don't want it to end up like the kudzu vine, I've seen what that's done to parts of the south, but I feel like mint wouldn't be the same and it'd have plenty of competition.
>>
>>2719371
Is it nayive? If so then plant some local mint. If not than dont plant anything. Mint grows like a weed so dont introduse anything that doesnt belong.
>>
>>2719378
mkay I'll try to get some native mint then, I think I could just go look for it already wild and just transplant it
>>
>>2719387
transplanting local mint would be the best thing to do for sure. That being said ecoterrorism is a funny thing and officially calling yourself an ecoterrorist for planting mint somewhere is also funny, but uh, dont do that
>>
Introducing any plant to a place where it doesn't grow is a stupid bubba-tier choice, especially when it's wilderness out of your property, especially if it's a weed.
Mint is rich in phytoestrogens, it's not surprising a faggot would want that.
>>
File: 1710290821052942.jpg (203 KB, 1340x1035)
203 KB
203 KB JPG
>>2719371
Just be sure it's native, then you're golden.
other than that
PLANT CARROTS AND POTATOES ON PUBLIC PROPERTY
PLANT BERRY BUSHES NEAR THORN BUSH PATCHES
GROW CORN IN THE WIDE FLAT SPOTS UNDERNEATH HIGH VOLTAGE POWER LINES
YOU WILL HAVE DOZENS OF ACRES OF FARMLAND WITHOUT PAYING A DIME

In all seriousness, if you can put something edible in a place no one will care about, and not fuck up the local plant life, do it. It's good for you, and anyone who wanders by.
>>
I leave garloids behind everywhere I venture. They multiply a
nd I never run out unless there has been a fire there.
>>
Plant some nice herbs not toothpaste flavouring
>>
>>2719911
>toothpaste isn't mint-flavored
>mint is toothpaste-flavored
Zoomer. The disconnect your generation has from anything natural is something else
>>
>>2719523
Get a job you homeless fuck
>>
>>2719523
I remember when I went camping, there were random constalks along a trail, we just gathered a few ears of corn and cooked them in the husk on some coals, it was amazing. I support this notion.
>>2719448
Imagine being so low test that a plant can affect you with "phytoestrogens" imagine fearing a plant.
>>
>>2719912
Mint makes lamb taste like soap
>>
>>2719976
Plant water melons leading off trail into inescapable ravines full of bears and wolves
>>
>>2719378
>>2719404
>>2719523
>omg le epic ecoterrorism i'm breaking le rules!
>noooooo don't plant the hecking invasive weederino
Who gives a shit, it's mint. Everything will eat it.
If mint had the potential to be like kudzu (which isn't even all that bad, but that's another topic) then it would have been a problem a long time ago.
>>
>>2719993
>Everything will eat it.
I'm not even against the idea of planting non-native mint. But I've noticed that nothing really eats most mints.
My grandmother has peppermint in her yard and the deer and chickens never touch it.
I have a bunch of horehound in my farmyard and my birds and cattle won't consider it and my goats take a bite of it and sneeze, then move on to something else.
>>
>>2720073
I've noticed my cats love rolling around in it
>>
>>2719976
Yes, since you're a faggot your testosterone is not high making you more vulnerable.
>>
>>2720152
you're the one who seems worried, I've never had any problems with mint, still rock hard every morning.
You sound like you're projecting, problems in the bedroom? Granted you have no bitches, but I bet you can't even jerk off in the morning. Sad.
>>
>>2720423
You are mad about having been exposed as having low testosterone and willfully taking estrogens.
>>
don't be a jackass and introduce invasion species.
>>
>>2719378
>>2719387
based and mintpilled
>>
>>2719371
You don't need to pot mint. It grows just fine in the earth. Use high quality ingredients to make a fresh mint.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.