[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: trees love co2.png (3.25 MB, 5548x6372)
3.25 MB
3.25 MB PNG
trees love CO2
>>
butits,,,,000000.04% of theair!!,
,,,we mustop the EVIL CARBON!!!,
,,california is making machines to save us from CO2!!,
,,,but realy its the OXYGEN thats BAAD!!,
,,,,Oxygen is what makes FIRE!!!, think of MAUI!,
,,savethechildren.
>>
>>2719753
Go away ESL larper.
>>
Carbon dioxide is not the limiting growth factor for trees.
>>
File: garbon.png (251 KB, 600x600)
251 KB
251 KB PNG
>>
File: co2trees.jpg (93 KB, 664x504)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>
File: choke.jpg (178 KB, 568x360)
178 KB
178 KB JPG
Carbon dioxide is essential to the process of photosynthesis. Most plants grown indoors require a minimum CO2 concentration of 330 ppm to enable them to photosynthesise efficiently and produce energy in the form of carbohydrates. These concentrations of CO2 are enough for plants to grow and develop normally.,
,,,trees NEED CO2!
>>
>>2719908
>>2719909
>>2719910
Plants only benefit from increased CO2 under highly controlled conditions like what you find in a greenhouse.
>>
>highly controlled conditions like what you find in a greenhouse
because CO2 blowsaway?
>>>highly controlled conditions like what you find in a greenhouse
because CO2 blowsaway?
>>2719992
stop kicking thatstrawman,,,meany!
stop kicking thatstrawman,,,meany!
>>
>>2719992
No, it's because all the other growth factors are taken care of.
>>
File: stove.jpg (377 KB, 1200x884)
377 KB
377 KB JPG
>>2720031
>taken care of
haveyou,,,everealy beenin a garden?,
,,imean like with DIRT?,poopy dirt?,
,,,whatwas missing?,howis a greenhouse special?,
,,ihate petroleumore then most,,buto blameit for 'climate change isa big leap.,CO2 isa Goodthing.,
,iceagesuck!,i for one welcome Gods Sun doing SUNNY things,,,and more carbon makes more trees.,
,,,,,,howlow do You want CO2 togo?,
,TREES LOVE CO2.
>>
>>2719940
That's bullshit. All photosynthesis is more water efficient at higher CO2 levels
>>
>>2720071
That review is bullshit. Irrigation and fertilizer are what's causing the greening.

https://www.nasa.gov/centers-and-facilities/ames/human-activity-in-china-and-india-dominates-the-greening-of-earth-nasa-study-shows/
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30778399/

>>2720052
https://www.cropnutrition.com/resource-library/the-law-of-the-minimum/
>>
>>2719992
>>2720052
Go away ESL larper.
>>
File: molest.jpg (965 KB, 1410x1398)
965 KB
965 KB JPG
>>2720203
>https://www.cropnutrition.com/resource-library/the-law-of-the-minimum/
takeyour,,,vitamins!,,,,or eata balanced diet!,
,,goodadvice!,,,,now,,how does that apply to greenhouse magic?,goodirt is YUMMY!
,treesloveco2.,
,,,,,,,>>2720204
showme,,where the carbon touched you?
>>
>>2720203
>That review is bullshit.
Why?
Yes the law of the minimum is a thing.
But if the minimum stave in the barrel is water, Increased CO2 will alleviate it. The Saharan desert is shrinking partly because of it.
>>
>>2720378
The Sahara is shrinking because of green wall projects. Carbon dioxide does not replace water. That review is bullshit because it directly contradicts the findings of the authors it reviews. See the paper I posted.
>>
>>2720386
>The Sahara is shrinking because of green wall projects
The green wall projects were meant to halt the sahara. Not turn it back.
>Carbon dioxide does not replace water
But it does make water use more efficient
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-017-00114-5
>>
>>2720386
The stoma of the plant lose water as part of their operation. This is a waste. It's why you can tie a bag around the leafy branch of a tree and get drinkable water at the end of the day.
The more carbon that is is the atmosphere, the less the stoma of any plant has to open to absorb the carbon. The whole point of photosynthesis is to utilize carbon to build carbohydrates and ultimately tissue.
Notice that none of the staves on your barrel are labeled carbon. That probably reflects on your education. But carbon and water are the major players in plant growth.
>>
>>2720386
More carbon ppm in atmosphere means the stoma doesn't have to open as wide and lose water.
>>
>>2720386
Excited to hear anon confidently ignore, >>2720403, >>2720404 and >>2720391 in one sentence despite the easy to understand and logically coherent explanations that intuitively makes sense
>>
>>2720386
>>
>>2720416
>>2720404
>>2720403
>>2720391
Yep. That sentence is "you are wildly overestimating the significance of that effect". The fact of the matter is that the greening we have seen has been the result of human managed projects. I've provided two sources explaining this for you.
>>
>>2720424
See
>>2720203
>>
>>2720432
>That sentence is "you are wildly overestimating the significance of that effect".
So we went from
>carbon only helps in greenhouses because of my diagram of a barrel
To
>yes it does help. But it's significantly overstated and no I won't explain why.
Whatever dude. Just fuck off
>>
>>2720441
Have you read the resources I've provided you? They explain everything. That's why I posted them.
>>
>>2720432
Most people in here have been talking about either the sahara or just CO2 in general and you link papers about China and India. Your weird off topic posts have literally nothing to do with the CO2 topic. It's like you're trying to argue that because trees are planted in China, CO2 is insignificant
It is genuinely possible that both things are true.
Did you just come in here because you're behind your government mandated quota of trolling for the month?

Your post about "greenhouse conditions" is literally just nonsense you refused to elaborate on

Brb, manifesting that you'll be getting appendicitis today. Good luck
>>
>>2720465
Yup. It was boring and didn't prove your point.
But you are welcome to quit being a lazy ass and articulate your arguments in this format.
>>
What the fuck is going on in this thread?
>>
>>2720469
I love the outdoors
>>
>>2720469
Some fag thinks that an increase in CO2 doesn't improve the efficiency of photosynthesis.
I expect he's standing in his local hospital rn trying to explain that supplemental oxygen doesn't improve cellular metabolism.
>>
>>2720467
Those papers show that the "greening" of the Earth is crop lands and reforestation projects. I don't think you actually read them.

>>2720468
Which part are you struggling with? The part where the law of the minimum means that carbon dioxide does fuck all for plant growth outside of highly controlled conditions or the part where we checked and it was irrigation and fertilizer greening the Earth?

>>2720475
It does in highly controlled conditions like a greenhouse. It doesn't do anything for random plants growing in random places because carbon dioxide is almost never the limiting growth factor.
>>
>>2720477
>carbon dioxide is almost never the limiting factor
The claim being made is that CO2 helps plants grow with less water. If you compare to plants which already have enough water, you'll find it doesn't matter. If you're looking to grow plants in a desert, CO2 would logically help due to the plant transpiring less since CO2 is more easily attained
When people talk about greening arid places like the sahara, the primary issue would naturally appear to be water
No amount of Indians planting trees will make this argument less logical
>>
>>2720482
That effect is miniscule. Under mild drought stress a plant under increased carbon dioxide can utilize carbon dioxide to the same degree as it would if it weren't under drought stress. It doesn't keep the plant from dying from lack of water. It doesn't compensate for a lack of any macro- or micronutrients in the soil. It doesn't compensate for the presence of pests and pathogens or the absence of beneficial microbes. It makes basically no difference. You cannot keep a tree alive in the desert with carbon dioxide alone, and if you genuinely think that you can then you should give it a try.
>>
>>2720482
https://www.nasa.gov/science-research/earth-science/land-ecosystems-are-becoming-less-efficient-at-absorbing-co2/
>>
>>2720488
>citing NASA as a source
L M A O
>>
>>2720491
>logical fallacy
L M A O
>>
>>2720477
>The part where the law of the minimum means that carbon dioxide does fuck all for plant growth
If the limiting factor is water, higher levels of CO2 will make the plant lose less water to transpiration.
This is a fact. Deserts have been getting greener and you cannot attribute that to fertilizers or agriculture. And last I checked, the Sahara is a jaunt away from China and India.
I also don't think your green wall hypothesis is up to much.
I'll reiterate.
The Sahara is greening even in places where rainfall has decreased.
>>
>>2720495
See
>>2720487
Deserts are getting greener because of reclamation projects. You literally posted screenshots of some of those projects.
>The Sahara is greening even in places where rainfall has decreased.
Irrigation.
>>
>>2720487
>drought stress
>carbon dioxide alone
>pests
Oh cool, so just ignoring my post

Greening deserts are not analogous to introducing drought to existing plants
I never claimed CO2 alone does anything
Explain what pests are hunting for plants in the sahara? Slim pickings to my eye

There are regions around the desert where plants don't have the water to grow. At that boundary, a even a "miniscule" effect will ADVANCE the boundary that plants can occupy. Once roots are able to establish in a new location, that piece of ground will have more material holding it (and water) together. Once that plant dies, it decomposes in a new spot of ground, providing more material to the sandy earth, facilitating new growth
>>
>>2720487
>That effect is miniscule
Who told you that?
>>
>>2720487
>You cannot keep a tree alive in the desert with carbon dioxide alone
You disingenuous fuckwit
>>
Atmospheric CO2 levels are actually very low right now, if it increases it would absolutely benefit plant growth.
>>
>>2720512
Greening deserts is done with irrigation, moron. It doesn't just happen on its own. Look up any desert reclamation project.

>>2720528
Read your own source. It merely compensates for the difference in stomata diameter.

>>2720529
Alright, let's see you pop some oaks in a random desert and keep them alive without irrigation. You can give them as much carbon dioxide as you want.
>>
File: hdr.png (562 KB, 514x557)
562 KB
562 KB PNG
>>2720547
>Greening deserts is done with irrigation, moron. It doesn't just happen on its own. Look up any desert reclamation project.
"plants don't just grow, moron. People have to make them grow"
Yeah man. Sorry. You're right
>>
>>2720551
Usually people are also the reason for the desert expanding. People have more control over the world then you seem to want to believe.
>>
>>2720553
That's why I always remember to thank my ancestors who planted the boreal forest
>>
>>2720554
2/10
>>
>>2720432
>result of human managed projects
Yeah like me driving my car around.
>>
>>2720975
The removal of old growth forests, wetlands and the acidification of the ocean due to storm drain and un-processed sewage have a much larger impact than your auto.
>>
>>2720553
Much of what is now desert in the middle east was made that way by thousands of years of exposure to Arabs and north Africans.
Same with major swaths of China.
>>
>>2720547
It's been done multiple times you mouth breathing retard. Andrew Millison worked in reversing desertification in Saudi Arabia and established trees that don't require external watering.

Bill Mollision was the grand daddy of pushing back deserts and has done it in India and Africa .
>>
>>2720977
All true but governments only care about carbon emissions and don't give a shit about that other stuff.
>>
>>2720981
Can you link me to a source? I'll look into those names. All the desert reclamation projects I'm aware of rely on irrigation and often times fail.
>>
>>2720978
Yep. Hopefully those deserts will be restored.
>>
File: IMG_0362.jpg (4.78 MB, 4032x3024)
4.78 MB
4.78 MB JPG
>>2720551
itsnot,,,like we cant have co2 And water?
,,barrel boy is right,,,TREES LOVE CO2!
,,,,, buthey need lotsof other things too., squirrelsand birds help.,
,,ilove my desert forest filling with deer,bears,cougars,coyotes,hummingbirds, owls, vutters clumped learing down—“He looks about done,be ready Boys!”,
,,,,those little black ants SUCK!,
,,,alfalfa fed to cows,,,poop fed to alfalfa.,
,,, Gods cycle loopsaround!
>>
File: beagle.jpg (2.15 MB, 4032x3024)
2.15 MB
2.15 MB JPG
>>2721202
>vutters
>>
>>2721202
Go away ESL larper.
>>
File: IMG_0274.jpg (1.19 MB, 4032x3024)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB JPG
>>2721211
BarkBarkBark!!
>>
File: imagejpeg_1.jpg (154 KB, 1024x576)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
trees become,,,co2..CO2 becomes tree.
>>
Additional CO2 in the global atmosphere will speed up photosynthesis, but due to it's ability to absorb and re-emit infrared increasing CO2 (and other gases like methane, nitrous oxide, sulfur hexafluoride, etc.) levels alter the amount of heat stored in our atmosphere. This additional heat changes weather patterns globally and largely warms areas. This alteration in conditions disrupts ecosystems in numerous ways, notably more droughts and allowing for species that thrive in warmer conditions to move north and out-compete established species.
>>
>>2719753
Jesus Christ be praised, Bacon came to see us!
>>
>>2721209
Smith Valley?
>>
File: roundabout.jpg (2.32 MB, 4032x3024)
2.32 MB
2.32 MB JPG
>>2721603
>Jesus Christ be praised
shhhhh,,,thatard isnt allowed to go /out/,,jannie mopshis giberish postsends him back tothe basement,,,rightfully.
>>2721658
>Smith Valley
ablessed,,place!,farfromolesting.,
,,cattle and alfalfa for milky california cows.,
,river isa federal waterway so canoesallowed acrossand fish aredible.,
,where trees love co2.,
,,,,,,Jesus be praised.
>>
File: traffic.jpg (581 KB, 2468x1375)
581 KB
581 KB JPG
https://www.bitchute.com/video/Cs2LlhzHB9wu/

jump to 23;00
>>
why do global warming/heating/boiling (lol) religious obsessives get so upset about it?
>>
File: glowy.jpg (2 KB, 125x70)
2 KB
2 KB JPG
>>2723304
ending of,,,
>>2723304
trillions$$ andevil working tougether? whowouldathought?,
,,,they talk like cutting co2 in half is good,,,instead of DEATH TO ALL!!,
,,total control for control freaks!,nothing less willdo.,
,,,,,also,smoke screen for dumping nuclearwaste,,rapeingkids.
>>
File: cooker.jpg (3.97 MB, 4032x3024)
3.97 MB
3.97 MB JPG
>>
>>2719908
kek
>>
File: huh.jpg (3.65 MB, 1866x1535)
3.65 MB
3.65 MB JPG
NPR>>>BS!,

Startups want to cool Earth by reflecting sunlight. There are few rules and big risks
In a parking lot and on San Francisco Bay, NPR witnesses two different tests for solar geoengineering to tackle climate change. With much science unsettled, experts say regulations aren't keeping up.

,,,,FFFFFFFF YOU!! now tryingtostop the SUN!!?,
,SO?? HOW LOW DO YOU WANT CO2 TO GO??,
,,,,,turd gargaling BUTT SLUTS!
>>
File: nicefarm.jpg (4.77 MB, 3556x2282)
4.77 MB
4.77 MB JPG
>>2719824
>>2720204
>>2720547
>>2721211
>>2724157
>HOW LOW DO YOU WANT CO2 TO GO??
answerthequestion!!,,,use youreducational prowess to inlighten my tarded brain!,
,,,howlow?,
,,,,,,,,,TREESLOVECO2
>>
>>2724433
Serious question:
How high were you when you posted this?
>>
>>2723304
I have to hand it to OPEC...
They correctly identified a rapid change in weather patterns in the last 300 years resulting from human activity.
They then did the most genius move for how evil they are: they blamed C02 emissions.

The Oil cartels blamed themselves for global climate change knowing they weren't the reason. They got the people that hate them to defend "it isn't CO2" then called them climate deniers... Absolute magic: "if you you agree that there is climate change but don't agree CO2 isn't the cause and that the global oil cartels aren't to blame you're a climate change denier"

they got the people that hate them to support that Co2 isn't the reson for climate change..

because it isn't:
Deforestation and the draining of wetlands is. They build the straw man to get you to ignore the real problem.
>>
File: gotrust.jpg (3.25 MB, 1507x1289)
3.25 MB
3.25 MB JPG
>>2724555
>How high were you when you posted
stillbuzzed,,,long rideson dirt roadslow down the stress.,
,,,,,thenit rainsand things get Better!,hardship feels Feelsometime?,
,Now,,anwserthequestion?
>>
>>2724157
What is that creature?
>>
File: looker.jpg (971 KB, 1293x792)
971 KB
971 KB JPG

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.