[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Be retardedly humongous. Not a single camp worthy spot.
>>
File: 1425.jpg (162 KB, 528x982)
162 KB
162 KB JPG
>>2720012
you think that size to camping spots ratio is bad?
watch this
>>
File: 3xboyu0q72891.png (214 KB, 819x800)
214 KB
214 KB PNG
>>2720012
There's decent places to camp, but the density and free range wilderness is definitely lacking. Shame too because Texas is really a pretty place.
>>
honestly there are good places to camp in texas but they are mostly in smaller state parks. most every town in rural texas is close to some sort of LCRA park or a decent man made lake with a state park system. Lost pines near austin is really nice and so is bastrop and somerville. you just have to look a little harder and potentially go there in person and get a physical map or talk to a ranger becuase texas's state government doesnt believe in websites.

Also big bend national park is defiantly top 3 in places i have camped and hiked if you like solitude. you can walk 2 miles and look out and see no reminders of civilization. no road noise, no powerlines and no smog.

hope this helps but i do agree that texas could definitely have better camping and nature stuff. i think most of this comes down to alot of the winderness being ranches or just privately owned.
>>
>>2720012
>Not a single camp worthy spot.
You base that soley by climate zones? how fucking retarded is that?
>>
There is very little public land in Texas. Aside from the national park/forests/grasslands and state parks, lots of camp sites are private owned land and you almost have to hear about them from someone. You're not really going to pass by these places incidentally on state highways between rural towns because you'd have no reason to go out there otherwise. I'm sure there are many interesting places tucked away on giant ranches (some of which are as big as counties, or even the state of Rhode Island) which aren't available to the public. Hell, when the government went to buy Big Bend, they had to survey the land in order to make an offer to the people with the deed - meaning that nobody, not even the people who technically owned the land, had ever really been there and explored it in its totality. That's how thoroughly sold and owned Texas land is.
>>
>>2720012
You've obviously never been here. If you have, you have never left austifornia city limits
>>
I have never once understood why someone would want to live in Texas. The only exceptions I could are are oil workers or people who can afford hundreds of acres for a ranch.
Oh well. It keeps people from coming to actually good states so I won't complain.
>>
>>2720012
>Not a single camp worthy spot.
no you're just a fucking pussy stay in california larping about how you go outside you fucking concrete jungle dwelling mongoloid
>>
>>2720913
>That's how thoroughly sold and owned Texas land is
texas is a hard red state and most of the population speaks with their money if they want something
they aren't gonna wanna share it
>>
>all these larpers complaining about muh climate ITT
This is the real reason texas is trash for /out/
>>
>>2720012
There's tons of camp-worthy spots in Texas.
>>
>>2721463
Reminds me of Delaware.
>>
i live in texas and im going for a little camp in a few weeks at lake whitney state park :^)
>>
File: 158281.jpg (78 KB, 725x716)
78 KB
78 KB JPG
>>2721699
>paid developed campsite
>>
>>2721463
Fucking stupid most of that should be taken and made public
>>
File: anton_chigurh.jpg (31 KB, 500x367)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>2721707
>Nooooo you can't have a comfy place to sleep at night

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.