[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_8045.jpg (1.85 MB, 2268x4032)
1.85 MB
1.85 MB JPG
Hey dudes what kind of mushroom is this? I been living in Texas my whole life and I have never seen this one before.
>>
File: IMG_8047.jpg (2.03 MB, 2268x4032)
2.03 MB
2.03 MB JPG
Here’s a few more pics
>>
File: IMG_8046.jpg (2.12 MB, 2268x4032)
2.12 MB
2.12 MB JPG
>>
>>2721184
amateur mycologist never seen anything like that in my life. did you take it with you?
>>
>>2721184
Another amateur mycologist but from Texas, I have never seen that thing in any of my studies or foraging. Whatever it is, it's very dead so it's probably unrecognizable to what it typically looks like.
>>
Make sure you yell "Fore!" before whacking it with a driver.

t. 300 yards. pieces
>>
>>2721228
i'm >>2721207
does it look to you at all like a severely mutated oyster? i feel like i'm dreaming looking at it.
OP, bring it to a local mycological research center plz and thx. i wish i knew what it was.
>>
>>2721184
Maybe cauliflower mushroom.
>>
>>2721234
I was thinking of some kind of mutated Coprinus, but the "cap" should be black if it's mature. Maybe we're just being dumb, but I'm stumped. That type of structure typically doesn't have a stem or gills, and yet it has both. Hopefully someone more experienced can answer it and call us dumbasses.
>>
>>2721255
it has gills, false gills, a stipe but no visible annulus (unless the weird brown thing is a remnant of one?) teeth-looking structures (that appear to just be compressed cap growths)... it's a weird one. i hope some expert comes along and just calls us retarded faggots and drops the species name, but otherwise i'm thinking it's something new
>>
File: IMG_8052.jpg (1024 KB, 2268x4032)
1024 KB
1024 KB JPG
Op here sorry for such late reply got kinda busy. I tore it open here’s the inside.
>>
File: IMG_8051.jpg (1.1 MB, 2268x4032)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB JPG
Last pic it’s pretty squishy. Showed it to my uncle he’s a geologist and spent lots of time outdoors he’s never seen it before either.
>>
>>2721207
>>2721228
>>2721255
I did take it to a few people but nobody professional. It was fresh out of the ground when I took that pic. I’m the one that pulled it up because I wanted a good look at the underside.
>>
>>2721297
post it on a mycology forum or better yet dm alan rockefeller on instagram or something.
>>
take a bite
what could possibly go wrong
>>
>>2721184
This is crazy looking!! It looks highly mutated. Maybe something in the family shaggy mane(coprinus)? My first thought was it looks very similar to a polyploidy in plants, but mycelium cultures aren't diploid like plants and animals, at least not to my understanding. Try posting it on the foraging section of the shroomery.
>>
Coprinus/ coprinopsis species

it's grown deformed due to any number of microclimate or genetic factors and will basically try and fail to correct it's own form as it grows wrong

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.