[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_5859.jpg (2.62 MB, 4032x3024)
2.62 MB
2.62 MB JPG
Hey all, new fag here. Been a group camper for years but recently been going solo midweek or even on the weekend when no one is capable of going. My nights go as follows:
>drink 3-6 beers
>play music
>set up tent
>cook food
>go to sleep and watch videos
>panic at 3 am when a raccoon runs through the campsite.
>wake up slightly tired because I was waking up every 3/4 hours due to hearing random noises.

How do you beat the spooks? Inb4 anyone says “carry a gun” or “get a better sleep system” I do/have both that I bring solo camping.
Gear list:
>pillow, sleeping bag, wool blanket (cozy)
>kelty 85L pack
>woodsaw, axe, knife
>first aid kit
>good layers - rain jacket, fleece, quick wicking shirt, water resistant woods pants.
>cookset, small pan, canteen cup, fork and spoon.
>water filters
>power bank
>tent: Marmot Aspen 2, old as fuck and has very slight mold spots on rainfly but tent is a tank and has been mine since I was boyscout.
>deet, permethrin
> consumables: 4 joints, a flask, 5 cigs, usually a 6 pack and a good steak or sausages.
>depending on terrain camp chair or hammock
>entertainment: IPhone, book, JBL speaker

I feel like I’ve got it all the vital shit, but it still feels “off” when I’m in the woods alone backwoods camping.
>>
File: IMG_5728.jpg (2.06 MB, 2921x3181)
2.06 MB
2.06 MB JPG
>>2722969
Forgot to list some shit but this is pretty much my whole set up. Clothes obviously change and some of the items aren’t always brought like the gas stove
>>
>>2722969
>entertainment: IPhone
>listen to music
>watch videos
Just stay the fuck home. I hate speaker niggers blasting their shit music and videos in nature. Why even bother to come /out/ just to sit there, drink and play with your brain rotting device
>>
>>2722987
If somebody is backwoods camping then the only way you'll hear their music or videos is if you're stalking them or happen to be walking by the area they're camped in. In the latter case just keep walking and stop being a baby.
>>
>>2723010
For real, I’m 2/3 miles in the woods and no ones around me. Obviously if there’s people near I turn off my speaker.
>>
>>2722969
Had foxes come within eyeshot of me and scream at me at 2am when hammock camping solo a few years ago, I just yelled back at them until they left. Hammock works alright for solo camping since you can quickly peek out and see the source of a noise, but it's not for everyone
>>
>>2723028

>It's not for everyone

Being skewered raw in the middle of bear country doesn't seem too smart.
>>
File: IMG_5892.jpg (734 KB, 1170x867)
734 KB
734 KB JPG
>>2723028
Tried it once and had a similar experience except with raccoons. Heard rustling in the distance turned my headlamp on and saw 3 sets of beady eyes. To say the least I almost shit myself until I saw the fur xD. Dont think I’m man enough yet for solo hammoking, maybe when I get more experience
>>
>>2722987
Fuck you faggot at least I go outside. Whatever you chose to do when /out/ is your own business. If you want to crank your hog and have your tranny boyfriend peg you that’s your own business as long as I don’t see it or hear it I don’t care.

In this case no one can hear or see me play my music so it really dosnt matter since I’m deep enough in the woods that I won’t encounter people.
>>
>>2723067
Hahahaha holy fuck you're a triggered little sissy! Go watch your iPhone videos in your tent (lmao) you brain-dead retard
>>
>>2722969

you're a grown up man and you can make your own decisions, that's why I'm gonna tell you what I do.

When I'm in a situation where I have trouble sleeping I take two scoops of phenibut and sleep like a relaxed baby.
fuck beer, fuck Weed, phenibut is the ticket to stress free cozy sleep, be it in the woods, on another continent during a work trip or on a plane.

do your research on that shit though.

also I generally sleep very good outdoors for whatever reason, even alone.
>>
>>2722987
>if you decide to pass the night in a tent somewhere you NEED to larp the full caveman experience
Fuck off with your gatekeeping and let people camp as they please.
Sometimes someone just want to change scenery a bit and be isolated from others but still keeping mostly to their usual routine and it's fine.
>>
>>2722969
>3-6 beers
>4 joints
>still cannot relax
Jesus. You been doing this for long, anon? If you're still starting out, keep at it. You'll get used to it.
>>
>>2723336
>I NEED to be on my phone at all times to have fun
I'm not gate keeping shit
>>
>>2722969
>combining drugs, alcohol and guns
You deserve to have a shitty time
>>
>>2722987
This because speakerfags should KYS, but also to cure yourself of getting spooked. Get used to the sounds of nature instead of listening to fake shit all the time. Think about it. If you're not used to the normal sounds of nature, then how will you know the difference when something is really about to kill you?
>>
>>2723010
>>2723026
The less likely there's anyone around to hear your music, the more likely you get shot if there is.
>>
>>2723028
My son (about 4 at the time) and I were looking at stars when a skunk walked right up to us. My son jumped and screamed and the skunk casually walked away like it dgaf.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.