[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: sip.jpg (90 KB, 780x520)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
how do you bring water with you? i normally just toss a couple plastic water bottles in my bag, and fill them up when i fill them up.
useful because i don't have to clean them they just get thrown away, and you can pour them out on your hands or whatever if you need to wash shit off.
borrowed a friend's camelbak the other weekend, and i don't know if i get the appeal. it's more convenient i guess, but it takes like, a minute to pull a bottle of water out of your bag.
>>
>>2723533
a camelbak is mainly useful for people who don't want to stop i.e. trail runners (and maybe climbers?), although it seems to me that many of them have transitioned to pic related with squeezable bottles. I only walk so I just bring a bunch of bottles like you do, but I've been thinking of getting a camelbak anyway because it would let me sip my water more gradually
>>
>>2723533
I try to not use any plastic around my food or drinks if I can avoid it. Plastic water bottle means your are drinking a lot of microplastics which cause cancer and fuck up your endocrine system as they are estrogenic.
>>
>>2723533
6L bladder + 2L reserve in hard bottles in case main is punctured by cactus.
>>
>>2723546
You drink more often with a drink tube. And it really sucks taking off a heavy pack to switch bottles.
>>
I’ve always used 1 liter plastic water bottles. They are free/disposable, can be compressed a little bit when empty and bringing an extra cap in case you lose one weighs litterally nothing. Reusing plastic bottles arent bad for you as long as you dont pour warm water in them, let them bake in the sun for a long time or use them for months
>>
File: active_Salomon.jpg (149 KB, 1037x612)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
I use the Active soft flask by Salomon when going on runs that wouldn't require a vest. Easy to pocket when completely empty as it flattens out.
>>
>>
I usually use two 1L smartwater bottles, one with a sports cap. I keep the sports cap one within reach in a side pocket and switch out the cap when I empty it. It's gotten pretty easy to drink on the move with some practice. I find camelbaks and other hydration packs to be heavy, annoying, and a pain in the dick to clean.

I live in a fairly wet environment so I can often get away with carrying just 2L of water. I also carry an empty 2L bladder that I'll fill if it's going to be a while until the next water source or I'm going to a dry camp.
>>
>>2723533
Two 48 oz. Nalgenes, even when there are opportunities to refill mid hike I bring more water than I need just in case, I've spotted people water occasionally and it never hurts to be prepared. Typically I cut the water with some electrolyte powder or a gatorade.
Camelbacks and water bladders are convenient for single day trips but require frequent cleaning, they'd become petri dishes quickly after a while without flushing out the tubes.
Wide mouths aren't as convenient as sports bottle type nipples but it takes much longer for them to freeze over, especially if you store them upside down.
>>
>>2723533
idk camelbaks are nice for biking and hiking. Plus you only need one container so I would guess less room and lighter to hold water. I always prefer them on hikes. As this anon says >>2723721 it likely helps you drink more to stay hydrated as you will find yourself taking a few sips randomly.

>Error: You are temporarily blocked from posting for violating Global 3 - Troll posts.
This block will expire in <X> minutes. [More Info]

>doesn't even tell me the post I made that butthurt the jannie
Fuck jannies, he blocked me (for FREE).
>>
>>2723831
>doesn't even tell me the post I made
I've been suddenly banned years ago after shitposting all day. This site doesn't know who the fuck is what.
>>
>>2723533
I try not to. Most of the time I just go near rivers and take water filter with me. Water weights too much. If I'm going overnight - better to take one/two beers with me. If I'm out for few hours - water filter is enough.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.