[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: altra-giles.jpg (162 KB, 1913x2500)
162 KB
162 KB JPG
Topics include:
>soakers and how to avoid them, dude
>non-slip grips, kid
>clearance sales, chief
>cleaning and treatments, boss
>wellies, chauncy
>vintage gear, toots
>stay-aways and ripoffs, jack
>liners or wool socks, professor
>hunting boots and camo options, rambo
>handmade leather and bespoke examples, fabio
>ropers, riders, and cowboys, huck
>>
File: IMG_7771.jpg (57 KB, 900x675)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
Fucking zoomers and their “gear”
This is all you need for spring mud
>>
File: 20240422_215856.jpg (2.12 MB, 4032x1960)
2.12 MB
2.12 MB JPG
hate niggers simple as

hi guys I want to buy some hotter weather boots, I got hanwag Alaska pro and they're fantastic for wet and cold shit but they cook your feet in hotter envs, I go in the alps so it's never really hot but I still want some lighter ones for when I do chill hikes or rucks and dont really go deep innamountains and sunita hotter
>>
File: 20220805_102007.jpg (118 KB, 1080x1080)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>2723827
Grandpa, we're doing ultralight these days.
>>
>>2723833
>hate niggers simple as
You are one. You posted a photo of yourself a while ago, you're literally a brown-skinned immigrant.
For anyone having the same problem as this clown, trail runners.
>>
>>2723947
meds
>>
>>2723973
You will never be Lombard nor Milanese, stop pretending to be one, it's pathetic.
>>
Looking for these boots but all I have are a picture of the sole imprint. Trying to order another pair since i lost them.
>>
>>2723819
>let me guess
you need more?
>>
I got these if thats okay
>>
>>2723974
rent free
>>
>>2724121
I wear these everyday
>>
>>2723819
Rubber boots should be thigh high at minimum. Change my mind.
>>
>>2724262
>Everyone knelt out of respect, and though the ground was wet, their knees were dry
>>
Do ski boot style gumboot liners exist? Something that could provide support and a lot of warmth for cold wet winter work and that could be dried out easily at the end of the day?
>>
>>2723983
Post the picture.
>>2724154
Should I fish your picture out of the archives?
You're that south italian gear fetishist from k asking endless banal questions, ignoring advice and punctually coming back complaining what we told you became true.
You were told to buy lighter boots, you didn't and sure enough here you are. You're wasting everyone's time.
>>
>>2724297
Nokian boots (like the Naali, Tuura, Kaira and Eurologger) have removable felt liners and you can just buy a second pair of liners for them to let them dry out. You can theoretically stick a less rigid skiboot liner in there if it's the right size and you really want to (such as for a pair of light plastic touring boots), but if it's too rigid or thick (like a heat deformable liner), then you can't really cram it down the shaft. You're ultimately probably better off just sticking to the standard liners.
>>
>>2724262
Weird fetish. Just bring some waders if you're going to get boggy. Thigh-high boots are for larping and other homosexual activities.
>>
File: 20240423_103750.jpg (2.83 MB, 2992x2992)
2.83 MB
2.83 MB JPG
Are barefoot boots a meme? If the whole point is minimalism, can I just buy some shitty Chuck Taylor/vans knock offs on clearance?
I've been wearing heeled boots with a vibram sole all winter and my calves have actually shrunk because I barely use them when walking.
(I've also been too busy to walk asmuch as I like, it's not just this heels.)
>>
>>2724391
>Are barefoot boots a meme?
Yes.
>If the whole point is minimalism, can I just buy some shitty Chuck Taylor/vans knock offs on clearance?
They will tell you "no because your toes need to be able to spread out", but: yes, if that's what you want.
>>
>>2724320
It's not a fetish, well it is, but what is the point of calf-high rubber boots? They are never tall enough to do anything more than stand still in 4 inches of water. If you walk around with any speed at all the water splashes up and gets in the boot.
>>
>>2724401
You want to get in the water, you bring waders. You expect to sink in some mud, you bring wellies.

The thigh-high boots are a meme at best and a fetish at worst.
>>
>>2724300
you stupid faggot my boots are perfectly fine, I'm looking for lighter boots for the summer and for when I'm not in the mountains, you don't know shit stop being a pretentious fag
>>
File: terrone.jpg (2 KB, 112x125)
2 KB
2 KB JPG
>>2724391
>Are barefoot boots a meme
I use them daily and am satisfied
>can I just buy some shitty Chuck Taylor/vans
The sole is thicker on taylors than "barefoot" shoes, never used vans; the shape of normal footwear does not allow for natural foot posture.
>>2724401
Farming, wet ground, gardening...
>>2724407
Your boots are indeed normal, the problem is you. Lashing out won't make you any more intelligent, nor Milanese.
You are by far one of the most ignorant and unintelligent people I've met on this website.
>>
File: 20240425_194528.jpg (3.38 MB, 1960x3034)
3.38 MB
3.38 MB JPG
>>2724429
obsessed faggot

moving the goalpost now, before you were saying muh boots are too heavy now they're good tho
>>
>>2724429
imagine going out of your house and getting tanned by the sun, you cant
>>
>>2724437
What are you blabbering about?
Your boots, which were picked for you on this board, are indeed very heavy at 1640g, especially for an overweight beginner.
Like I told you before pull your head outta your ass.
>>
>>2724446
you implied I bought the wrong ones due to them being too heavy which isnt true

>overweight
just false
>>
>>2724429
>>2724396
I'm thinking about these.

https://xeroshoes.com/shop/shoes/ridgeway-mesh-low-men/

I don't really want to spend another $120 on more shoes when I have so many. I plan to walk in the state park mostly on the asphalt, but maybe on the trails a bit. I figure they're going to get dirty.
Maybe sometime cheaper? Or is it worth it?
>>
>>2724489
Why not just go barefoot? What's stopping you?
>>
>>2724458
They are heavy for you, obviously.
Your picture shows you're overweight and have darker skin. You are being delusional.
>>2724489
Try looking at "barefoot" chinese trail shoes on amazon first. Also consider such shoes need a transition period if you've always used normal ones.
My speculation is the durability of the ones you posted won't be significantly better.
>>
>>2724500
you're deluding yourself of that
>>
File: terroni.jpg (174 KB, 896x704)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
>>2724503
I'll live with that, out of shape terrone.
Looking forward to read about new goofy adventures so we can laugh at you like in the old times.
>>
>>2724505
>terrone
Still seething about other people's shoes? Have you considered going /out/ and improving as a person?
>>
File: boots.jpg (67 KB, 564x629)
67 KB
67 KB JPG
>>2724121
honestly oetzi was geared as fuck. i wonder what happened to him and why.

also, i wear boots like this while /out/. Am I doing it wrong? they get banged up a bit but I brought the for a touch up to a cobbler today after months of abuse and they look fine.
>>
File: TNFB2B.png (452 KB, 750x750)
452 KB
452 KB PNG
>>2723819
I buy TNF or Timberland boots on clearance sales in the off season and just wear them for the few years before they fall apart.
>>
>>2724521
A blabbering mutt.
>>
>>2724649
>a buttmad italian
>>
>>2724749
You are the only one incapable of contributing anything to any discussion, even the muh boots terrone made itself useful.
Don't trying to argue and follow your own advice (or your boyfriend's, can't distinguish the imbeciles of this board).
>>
I have fucked up feet and cowboy boots are the only ones that don't give me horrible blisters within a few miles. Anybody have any suggestions for cowboy/western-style boots with appropriate soles for hiking?
>>
>>2724827
Ropers
>>
>>2724829
Most still have pretty slick soles though, really looking for something with more traction and was hoping somebody might have experience with specific models or whatever. I was thinking some of the western work boots out there look like they could be good, and I could use a pair for actual work anyway, but they might also be too heavy.
>>
>>2724850
Loggers. They're gonna be heavy as sin though. Great traction, but they're for... You know, logging, not hiking.
>>
>go caming
>wear gore-tex boots
>get caught in heavy rain
>water gets in the top and boots stay wet for the rest of the trip

They're great boots otherwise, but damn I should have listened to the anons who said gore-tex doesn't dry well.
>>
File: austria-30.png (261 KB, 497x430)
261 KB
261 KB PNG
What sort of insoles do you guys buy when yours get worn down? I bought these alpine ranger boots, and while the insoles it came with are fine, they are replaceable and i figure it'd be a good idea to get new ones eventually
>>
File: 20240303_150927.jpg (141 KB, 910x910)
141 KB
141 KB JPG
>>2723819
mi choice is
>hike and not tecnical spikes
<salomon gtx 4
>speleo and tropical hikes
<us amy green boot whit panama sole

for me is the only 2 boots i use
>>
>>2724923
Felt, the synthetic sort is the most common.
>>
>>2724827
>Horrible blisters
Two pairs of wool socks.
Really.
>>
File: 1714253665280.jpg (495 KB, 520x694)
495 KB
495 KB JPG
Recently started going /out /
I need some boots that serve as hiking and are water proof.
>>
File: oetzi.jpg (206 KB, 1600x1600)
206 KB
206 KB JPG
>>2724548
>what happened
>>
>>2724548
Well. He got shot by an arrow. So most likely someone didn't like him.
He was also wealthy for the era and owned a pure solid cast copper axe. Which was not taken, so the murder was likely one of passion or self defense, not motivated by banditry.
>>
>>2724548
I bought a similar pair last november and I love them. Hiking, hunting, walking to the grocery store, rain, mud, snow...pretty much wear them everywhere and they continue to get more comfortable after every outing. They also look cool after they get a nice patina going, especially after a good bushwhack through the forest. Just wash and condition them once every few months and they'll last forever too, especially if you resole them.

It's sad that our culture of consumer addicts thinks you need to buy a new pair of boots every year or two. They'll never know the heaven that is a well broken in traditional leather boot.
>>
File: 1688785579374486.jpg (2.64 MB, 2235x3526)
2.64 MB
2.64 MB JPG
>>2725243 (You)
This thread has inspired me to give my boots the ol' spit shine. Here's the before, after a few days of hunting and bushwhacking innawoods
>>
File: 1712324166963384.jpg (2.63 MB, 2235x3690)
2.63 MB
2.63 MB JPG
>>2725262
And here's the after (ignore the (You), yes I'm samefagging)
>>
>>2725262
>>2725265
Very nice. What did you use?
>>
>>2725276
> horse hair brush to remove dirt
> saddle soap with damp cloth and wipe off with another dry cloth (this stuff can dry your leather out if you use too much, I also avoid rinsing with water)
> healthy dose of mink oil
> buff again with horse hair brush

Lots of people seem to dislike mink oil because it significantly darkens the leather, but for my boots it just restores them to the original colour. It's also a great conditioner with decent water resistance. I've never gotten a soaker in these boots.
>>
>>2725282
im the original leather boot man. thanks, will do this

i bought them simply for style choices at first. but i paid 300 for a good pair. didnt realize what a gold mine i have from a practical footwear point. but yeah, they are so cozy, instant comfort anywhere, stay dry too.
>>
>>2723819
I want to get some jungle boots since where I live is marshland and black clay so I was thinking about getting some jungle boots, the thing is though is if they're still usable in rocky terrain as well (think West Texas/Big Bend).
>>
>>2724548
He was shot by an arrow hours or days prior and succumbed to his wounds. A glacier preserved him for his kin thousands of years later. Human existence is violence. I wish I was him.
>>
how the hell are you supposed to invest in a boot not knowing if you can even walk in it without turning into a cripple after a couple miles?
>>
>>2726485
Find a brand that fits you well, and stick to that brand. Know your sizes in metric and imperial and check both always.
>>
what's up with lowa zephyrs? they look bad ass but what else are they good for?

i need boots but i've been walking in barefoot slip ons for a year and the last time i put my old boots on i could barely make it around the block
>>
Is cleaning your boots necessary? I got clay on mine and wondering if I should bother, they're goretex lined. I never bothered cleaning my hiking boots before but the manual on my new ones said to. Seems a bit silly if you use them very frequently
>>
>>2724489
i can walk forever in toms, basically nothing sole and a bit of canvas, they are comfy as hell as barefoot shoes but they fall apart in about a month, wish i knew an alternative for cheap
>>
>>2723819
>>2724391

Clarks Goretex collab active air line just werks. Leather, waterproof, autistically straddling the line between formal/outdoors. My current pair is a black version of picrel, about 6 years old, very minimal wear despite mostly daily use.

I really don't understand why this type of shoe has gone out of style. At this point mine are basically leather socks, not far from barefoot shoes. I suspect I will be quite sad when they finally kick the can.
>>
>>2724122
that's what I'd want out of all the ones posted
>>2727802
those look good too
jackboots are dumb, 1lb on your feet = 5 on your back
>>2723819

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.