[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_6105.jpg (176 KB, 1400x788)
176 KB
176 KB JPG
are there any places in europe where i can legally dig for fossils?
>>
>>2723836
>Europe
>legal artifact digging of any kind
good fuckin luck eh
>>
>>2723841
>type shit
>have no clue
never fails
>>
>>2723861
>being this autistic
lol.
>>
>>2723861
yeah fuck off then, nonce. you dunno about any of the laws here you obese american.
>>
>>2723836
off of the Dover cliffs, you can find concretions with marine fossils

Not as cool as actually digging though
>>
>>2723836
It all depends on where at in Europe you are and what you want to find, Germany has a few places as does England from the Jurassic that are marine in origin. Eastern Russia is also a great place for ammonites and sharks' teeth from the Cretaceous period as well as England again. Belgum is another good place to look. I do believe there might be some Euro anons in my general /afg/ artifacts and fossils general. Hope this helps.
>>
File: faxe kalkbrud.jpg (181 KB, 1024x768)
181 KB
181 KB JPG
on the absolutely non existant chance there are more Danes here, Faxe Kalkbrud or...
>>
File: møns klint.jpg (441 KB, 960x540)
441 KB
441 KB JPG
>>2723997
Møns klint, still tons of ammonites, not gonna find the next T-Rex but still fun
>>
>>2723836
>legally

>>2723996
yup i'm Italian and know best the geology of the Po Basin
>>
The key word here is dig.

In places that >>2723996 mentioned, it’s legal to collect from the surface, but not actually dig, or chisel.
>>
>>2723836
Sure, plenty! You just need a degree, a license and a permit to do archeological studies in that particular place. Nobody wants a filthy hobbyist to damage anything actually valuable, that belongs in a museum - we don't cotton to amateurs around these parts.
>>
>>2723836
you can legally dig anything you want on your own property anon.

well, the top 2cm of your property and anything of value must be surrendered to the authorities promptly

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.