[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I don't know about my city and I want to find good wild places to camp in, how do I find them?

I don't want to go in places where many people go, I would love to have spaces for myself and my frens
>>
File: Oh you.png (936 KB, 825x972)
936 KB
936 KB PNG
>>2723883
At least tell us what city you're in/around?
>>
>>2723888
I live in Brazil hahaha
there is a lot of watterfalls here but are way to full of people
>>
>>2723892
Don’t you guys have giant snakes that eat smol children and cattle?
>>
>>2723905
very very rare animal that is way to slow and not agressive, hardly ever someone will get caught by one of them, I would say it is nearly impossible

it is easier to get a spider bite from a wolf spider or a brown spider but they're also not that common for you to get caught by one

we have some giant spiders as well but they're not agressive towards humans and they stay in their webs so it is fine
>>
>>2723892
Holy crap. Brazil? How are the camping trails around you? Do you see a lot of wildlife?
>>
>>2723914
Not at all, this only happens some times of the year naturaly or near by some mining site as an "accident" because there is just to much beurocracy here and legislation is a complete nightmare when it comes to enviromentalism

About the camping trails I don't know, I've only camped in two places so far, it was great and all but I wish to know more underground places to camp and get further from civilization

a 2hour walk was the furthest I went to camp

I don't live in the amazon so it is diferent, here I live in the "mata atlantica" it is amazon softcore
>>
>>2723915
If it’s public land, and you are comfortable doing this, you can just walk off trail.

It’s slightly slower, and significantly more dangerous to go far (> 1 km) off trail, but you can just make your own route wherever you want.

If some random valley looks cool and you want to walk down there and check it out and maybe camp there, then just walk down there and see

Bring maps or download the full offline map on your phone. Read up on “Orienteering”, map reading and using a compass
>>
We got a Midwest /out/ server if you're interested.
https://discord.gg/gtNXmtkf
>>
>>2723883
Does OnX work in Brazil? It's what I typically use to do prescouting of new areas. Drop some pins on likely areas and day hike around checking them out. When you find a good spot save it for overnight camping later.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.