[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Current boat vessel is an intex sea hawk 3 inflatable which I have a 3 stroke honda gx35 air cooled motor mounted when going out. It works a dream on choppy and rough waters and its only 2HP, Its light and durable and fast.

The other day I took it out to a river where im from called the Hunter River an hour before sun set. The water was very choppy which then calmed as the tide start coming up. I went a little bit further out than usual. Whilst attempting to return I was unable to get back maybe 300 meters from the boat ramp,

I thought it may have been a the tide and my engine wasnt powerful enough, however I would float with the current and 20 meters down I could start the engine back up and power against the current then get stuck again at that certain spot and just not move. I attempted to row even with the motor going but the raft would not go any further. I tried different part of the water but it just would not let me through. I tried to for hours trying to get back. I put my oar into the water and it wasnt shallow, the engine would cut out after sitting in the sport for 10 seconds and just cut out when id slowly float with the current then Id start the engine and power back up

What cause this? I ended up having to get someone to meet me at a different point 600 meters away.
>>
>>2725358
stuff being dumped in the water by the annual report bloody hell
>>
>>2725358
You need an anti-cavitation plate above your propeller
>>
invisible walls, lazy level design
>>
>>2725358
sounds like lag or an error in the chunk loading process.
>>
>>2725472
this

I can confirm the hunter river does have nothing but pollution in that ocean. There is a reason the NSW marine rescue won't come out that way because its quite shallow past the Sandgate area.

It would have floating pollution underneath of all sorts. TVs, couches, bails of hey, everything.
Why don't you just goto Carrington its much better depth
>>
>>2725358
>2HP 3-stroke, air cooled
Hahahaha you say that like you think you're rad or something
That "motor" is your entire problem, but I'm sure you'll defend it to the death.
>Honda
Better hope that water isn't salinated
>>
>>2725734
ok how is this the problem?
>>
These are good boats, and the engine you have is perfect for power to weight ratio. I've used the same style mock honda engine on a excursion 5 which is larger and heavier than yours. If the water has waste / dump then ANY boat will get stuck. What were you sailing in? A swamp?

I've taken mine way out to shore and the thing about these inflatables is they never actually flip because of their build so just take it on a better body of water and you'll do fine, especially with that powerful 4 stroke gx35!
>>
>>2726161
it was a river, but there are shallow parts i guess and i got stuck there

>>2725729
yeh im going to try at carrington
>>
>>2725358
even if the water looks likes its moving under you and you're going forward, you can be moving farther away.

water is weird, its extremely hard to tell if your actually moving forwards or backwards

basically, you have a shit boat, and a shit engine, and you are putting way too much faith in it, you could easily die in a storm and you shouldn't go anywhere more than 100m from a shore with that, maybe even much less
>>
>>2725358
They're not a bad engine and the Intex inflatables are okay too, my mate has one and they're really good for power to weight ratio
>>
File: image (13).jpg (65 KB, 684x913)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
>>2725358
god i hope you're wearing a life jacket on that toy
>>
>>2725358
>I have a 3 stroke honda
Explain yourself?
>>
>>2727374
its a 4 stroke honda with 2 hp
>>
>>2728137
>only two HP
Shit CON score, better re-roll the character

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.