[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Hello, I currently live for rent in Germany.
I lost my job last year and don't know if I should look for a new one right away.
I'm thinking about quitting my apartment and traveling for a few years. I can realistically generate 500-1000 US dollars per month with stocks.
Is that enough to travel full-time?
I don't have high standards and can settle for little.
I plan to travel mainly by bus and train.
I would theoretically be homeless and I am afraid of whether I will be able to find my way back into society after a few years of travelling. What are good countries for my project?
My plan is to camp a lot and find small rooms every now and then that I can rent for maybe $200 a month. Do you have any suggestions that might help me?
Are there communities or places where homeless backpackers can meet?

Thanks for any reply or suggestion
>>
>last year
>right away
>>
>>2725772
I love government gibs :D
>>
>>2725689
>Are there communities or places where homeless backpackers can meet?
Crackheads can be found at train stations all around the world
>>
You can survive pretty easily on 20$ a day assuming you don't get injured.
>>
>>2725689
I've traveled on less than that. Most expensive part is plane tickets. The longer you stay in a country or travel between neighbouring countries by land, the cheaper it gets overall.
South east asia is lowest cost of living. Latin america is generally a bit more expensive, but easier on the visas. Southern mexico is nice and safer than you'd think. Peru, Bolivia, Colombia, Ecuador are pretty cheap and reasonably safe. Eastern europe would be cheap and accessible without airplane. Canary islands is nice to overwinter if you travel in europe. Cheap tickets, schengen, you can find a cave to live in on la palma or la gomera. Get lightweight gear, you'll be carrying everything on your back and every extra kg reduces your range by foot.
You can find places to stay at for medium/longer term on workaway or wwoof. Work for a room and food and you will have very low cost while getting to know some locals and other travellers. Also a good option if you want to stay in a more expensive country.
As for getting back to being a good goy: really depends on you and your experiences. It's possible that you'll never want to get back into a "normal" life and figure something out that works for you. Its possible that you get sick of travelling and want nothing more than get back into a comfy apartment with a regular schedule.
>>
>>2725689
I was living with 490 US dollars per month as student and had
>300 dollar car + all that comes with cars including gas
>aparment in second largest city in Finland
>whatever food, latest electronics, traveling etc. I want
>full health care

I never understand how you can't live with larger amount of money than that. Some anons are thinking to be homeless if they make less than 100 thousand per year. One time one anon said that they make +500 thousand and can't afford a car. What you even do if that amount of money just disappears or something? You can literally give me 200 dollars per month and I can have aparment + car + food + hobbies etc. You don't have to have spotify, youtube premium, three streaming services, $50 phone service, eat out etc. I can literally make full healthy meals and drive a car with almost nothing. If car breaks, then I just sell it for $20-50 and buy used working one for $100-300 for the next year.
>>
>>2726216
>490 US dollars
But not in the US
>>
>>2726216

God bless Finland.
>>
>>2725689
You barely have enough money to live in povery in Southeast Europe.
>>
>>2726220
>>2726292
Funniest thing is that Finland has low salaries/wages, high taxes, expensive fuel, expensive food, alcohol has highest tax and houses are really expensive. For some reason here, we still can buy less stuff, not take loans, not use credit cards to negative levels and we can even have a family and have kids. Weird.
>>
>>2726483
>it's so weird that we live in place A and don't have the same economy/market as place B, why is that
Truly a mystery for the ages
>>
>>2726524

you make it sound so simple.
I'm German and visited Finland and I have zero idea how that country can work.
the people were happy and proud to be fins.

that alone is baffling to me as a german
>>
>>2726524
I just said that it is weird how I make less and even when everything costs more, I still can live normally while in US you make more, everything is cheaper but you are dying or homeless. The point was that you can literally just manage your money and it isn't a problem.
>>
>>2726717
>>the people were happy and proud to be >>fins.
>>that alone is baffling to me as a >>german

Would you please stop wasting time and just invade Finland already?

You can't allow the Russians to have all the fun.
>>
Go for your outpost
Youll be needing a roof in 20 years
>>
>>2727367
Russians aren't gonna be invading anything else for awhile. They're stuck in a stalemate with their neighbors for the foreseeable future. Not that the Germans are equipped to do any better right now. Heck happened to the prestige of the bundeswahr?
>>
>>2726812
>it's so weird that people who live in a totally different country with their own government and a different economy and different cost of living have a different experience with money, like why can't they just magically live off of X finnbucks like I do
These are the questions that keep men awake at night

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.