[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: grizzly_yukon.jpg (398 KB, 1000x600)
398 KB
398 KB JPG
These things are exploding in population. Why are they still protected? These are monstrosities early explorers feared more than cannibal natives. We had their populations down for a reason. Why are we welcoming back IRL monsters that literally want to eat us? We shouldn't be doing that until we have some sort of reliable technology where we can implant each one with a paralysis mechanism if it's close to a human and has the urge to attack. Hook up a bear nuerolink or some shit. But letting these things roam free is a hippie delusion. Wtf are we doing?
>>
>>2739570
Just get a gun bitch nigga
>>
>>2739570
Bears are fake. Just walk towards them clapping loudly and they will scatter.
>>
Almost everything is in constant danger of being eaten by something else. Thats the normal state of life in the woods. Why should you be entitled to anything else? A burr encounter ends deadly far more often for the burr anyways, because you can bring a magic stick that spits fire and cracks their skull from far away. Nature isn't an amusement park or your safe space. Stay in an urban hellhole if you don't like being in the same place as animals that can kill you. Someone should release some tigers too, or clone some cave bears and smilodons and rewild them.
>>
Stay in your parents basement if you’re that scared
>>
>>2739586
>Almost everything is in constant danger of being eaten by something else. Thats the normal state of life in the woods. Why should you be entitled to anything else?
Because we have the capacity to rule over them all. Which is exactly what bears would do if they were smart and capable enough. That bear doesn't walk around afraid of shit. Because it rules the areas it lives. It's top of the food chain until we decide against it. He doesn't give a fuck. All living species would eliminate their predators if they could.
>>
File: IMG_1318.jpg (79 KB, 780x678)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>2739570
>>2739595
New predators will just arise, simple as
>>
>>2739596
Anything that can soundly kill us in a melee, and proactively looks to do so, should not be around. Any species would eliminate that threat if they could. Standing against it is anti-human. It's just some retarded hippie bullshit romanticizing away reality.
>>
>>2739602
Everything can be a threat dumbass, it doesnt have to be a bear or a wolf or a lion….if you get rid of all the predators then rabbits will literally fuck each other and pop out bunnies until there is no room left for more, eating everything in the path, destroying ecosystems and farms, killing themselves off and many of us by destroying our food too and the food that our livestock eat.
>>
>>2739595
literal 1920s conservation mindset. just carry a gun in bear country and don't be a pussy who backs down. if you need others to take care of your bear problem YOU are a bitch and not fit to rule.
>>
>>2739607
>Everything can be a threat dumbass
re-read what I said. I said anything that can soundly kill us in a melee, and proactively seeks to engage in it. I don't give a fuck that a snake can kill me. I can beat the fuck out of a snake. A grizzly would just laugh and eat me alive. That's how it prefers to feed.
>>2739609
No on is asking to be taken care of, loser. I am advocating our natural right to eradicate a natural threat. It is our birthright. Only a faggot would disagree because "iT LoOkS cUtE oMgZ"
>>
File: soybobo.jpg (38 KB, 480x360)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
>These things are exploding in population. Why are they still protected? These are monstrosities early explorers feared more than cannibal natives. We had their populations down for a reason. Why are we welcoming back IRL monsters that literally want to eat us? We shouldn't be doing that until we have some sort of reliable technology where we can implant each one with a paralysis mechanism if it's close to a human and has the urge to attack. Hook up a bear nuerolink or some shit. But letting these things roam free is a hippie delusion. Wtf are we doing?
>>
>>2739612
if you don't want anything wild or threatening in your wilderness you should probably stick to suburban parks and tour busses. hell try just not going out, that way you won't be threatened by any of those spooky dirt trails where you're at threat of the dreaded twisted ankle :)
>>
>>2739617
>if you don't want anything wild or threatening in your wilderness
Are you unable to read. I said anything that can soundly melee us to death with ease and proactively seeks it out. Holy fuck you people are dumb.
>>
>>2739620
not cool dude, the dirt trail meleed my meemaw to death with a brutal twisted ankle on the AT
>>
>>2739624
I keep hearing about these dirt trails and all the twisted ankles they keep causing. I think we should ban them, let’s pave the forest! Bonus: now we can just drive through bear country and run over the bears if they get too rowdy
>>
>>2739582
Anti-griz is closet anti-gun.
>>2739586
>Stay in an urban hellhole if you don't like being in the same place as animals that can kill you.
Ironic.
>>
>>2739570
>These things are exploding in population
citation needed.
>Why are they still protected?
>We had their populations down for a reason
>only 2000 in the lower 48 occupying less than 5% of their former range.

>monsters that literally want to eat us?
they dont want to eat you. they want you to stay the fuck away from their cubs or food and they will defend them if necessary. Also, dont wake them from a nap.

What is this bait? you are either horribly retarded or a shill for delisting them- which is it? not that there is much difference
>>
>>2739602
>proactively looks to do so,
but they dont really. the vast majority of violent grizzly encounters are bears defending cubs or food or surprised at close range. I have seen many griz from 100s of yards away and they could care less I am there.
>>
File: Snack.jpg (169 KB, 719x479)
169 KB
169 KB JPG
>>2739612
look. just stay in the east, enjoy your foliage and your possum stew and leave the real wilderness to those who can appreciate it and have the balls to accept the risks.
>>
>>2739593
he likely hasnt left it in the 30 years he's been alive
>>
>>2739570
>These things are exploding in population
Good. That means the forest is producing enough food that large omnivores can thrive.

I'm all for letting the bears kill boombox hikers.
>>
>>2739595
It sounds like you need to move to england. They have exactly the kind of landscape you are asking for.
>>
>>2739602
>Anything that can soundly kill us in a melee, and proactively looks to do so, should not be around.

>Yeah bro, kill all the elephants
>Yeah bro, kill all the rhinos
>Yeah bro, kill all the bears
>Yeah bro, kill all the mountain lions
>Yeah bro, kill all the large herbivores
>Yeah bro, kill all the large carnivores
>Yeah bro, kill all the large omnivores
>Loving nature means killing all the animals in it, anything else is anti-human
>>
Kill all grizzlies
Throw edgelords to the grizzlies first tho
>>
>>2739570
nigger
>>
>>2739570
I would love to see one up close in real life, and not behind a fence. They are clearly, by design, a creature that you just KNOW should be nowhere near you, like your instincts are fully aware that this thing is a real life monster. Especially when they're running, just imagine the sound of its feet as they hit the ground at 30 miles per hour.
>>
>>2739595
Literal prey animal mindset, you might as well castrate yourself to remove your scary male hormones.
>>
>>2740110
Define "literal" for us in your own words, please
>>
>>2739570
You sound like a city faggot, also sound just like a faggot.
>>
>>2739772
This. eastoids are pussies.
>>
>>2740185
>we should get rid of predators because they're scary and will eat us
What more is there to be said?
>>
Bet you’ve never even seen a bear in the wild. Now shut the fuck up and get the fuck out of here before I’ll unleash my pet bear on you.
>>
>>2739781
You can't rationalize with the psychos, my man, even if you try to reason via argumenting the absurd.
70% of everyone on this board is vaccinated. Their opinions are invalid.
>>
>>2739570
Humans are exploding in population. Why are they still allowed to multiply? These creatures are monstrosities that early wildlife feared more than anything else. We had their numbers down for a reason. Why are we welcoming back real-life monsters that literally want to destroy our habitats and hunt us? We shouldn't be doing that until we have some sort of reliable technology to control their every move, like implanting a paralysis mechanism if they get too close to us or our territory. Hook up a human Neurolink or something. But letting these things roam free is a delusion. What are we doing?
>>
>>2739780
Haha, this is quite true. There is no wildlife here that will cause alarm, apart from if you're afraid of curious wasps. You could accidentally put your foot into the entrance of a badger's set, and wake up a grumpy and very brave little creature, but the chances are basically 0 of that happening. We had wild boars once, and wolves before that, but they are all gone now (but they are trying to re-situate the boars in certain places).
>>
>>2739612
>natural right
You have a natural right to die when you're 30, only modern medicine and enhanced qol keeps your un natural ass alive. A beer has a natural right to not be fucked with by an 'apex preditor' who needs fucking wetwipes to clean his asshole after shitting out greasy disgusting processed food. You're not natural you're a fucking alien who can't survive on this planet in his natural state, and a gay one at that.
>>
>>2739620
You would have be the one proactively seeking out a beer to kill one. It doesn't wander into town looking for people to eat. You put considerably more effort into getting killed by a bear than it does to kill you.

Don't give me rural living shit, rural people are more likely to get killed by their Rams (livestock) than they are by bears.
>>
>>2740646
Boars have never left, there are populations in the UK right now such as the forest of Dean, though they are much nicer than American boars because people have fed them for long enough that they are now largely friendly.
>>
>>2739570
>letting these things roam free is a hippie delusion
its not delusional to want a functioning ecosytem.
>>
>>2740647
>alien
>and a gay one
A gaylien
>>
>>2740669
>nicer than American boars because people have fed them for long enough that they are now largely friendly.
This is not a good thing. I can see the proles that go into the "forest" feeding them leftovers like a pig in their back garden. Semi-domesticated animals are compromised and prone to being victimised, and will act like shameless creatures for sustinence -- when you see a "rewilded" wolf beg for your scraps it will be far more annoying than when an able young man ask you for money.
>>
>>2739570
Why? It’s not like you go outside anyways
>>
>>2740921
>a wolf begging for scraps
>more annoying than a man
At least you can say you've never been to a major city
>>
>>2739570
>no conquerors haki to make any animal your bitch and do your bidding
You "people" make me sick
>>
"When I'm gone, they'll just find another monster. They have to, to justify their wages"
>>
>>2741522
dang forgot my pic
>>
>>2739781
Most humans are fucking stupid.
Go into a predators hunting ground during mating season or when the are weaning than complain when you get mauled. Never mind why that human had no business being there in the first place.
christcuck nature mentality to the max
>>
>>2741481
Black bears are bros. They are about as brave as a cat
>>
>>2739570
I saw a bear in the woods off trail yesterday. I cant lie I felt a bit frightened but he was chill and wanted nothing to do with us.
>>
>>2739612
There's a much higher risk of you hurting yourself than a bear hurting you.
And by that logic I would recommend you kill yourself to avoid that.
>>
>>2740921
>wolf beg for your scraps it will be far more annoying than when an able young man ask you for money
>I've never experienced the "squeegee kids" in Baltimore: the post
speak for yourself faggot
while domesticated wild animals are not a good thing, don't draw a connection between a fox that's lost its fear of humans and the human trash that's produced in cities
>>
>>2742599
Most wild animals want nothing to do with you unless
>it doesnt know any better and it's a new experience
>it's starving and most animals arent dumb and no how vulnerable humans can be if they are unarmed or not in a group
>you're encroaching on it's territory or near where it spends a lot of time

most of the time when you hear stories if mountain lion attacks
it's usually a juvenile
>>
>>2742709
did you seriously just spell "know" as "no"
>>
>>2742716
i phone post, because im usually at work.
When i go home i usually practice archery or do simracing
that's my excuse
>>
>>2742599
>I saw a bear
Most black bears are basically glorified dogs. You could fight them off unless you're a manlet. Grizzlies are entirely different.
>>
>>2742741
>Most black bears are basically glorified dogs
Off-leash dogs are the niggers of the outdoors so that's not a fair comparison
>>
File: IMG_0877.jpg (24 KB, 563x545)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>2739570
What state are you in OP? Would love to hear where they are exploding in population.
>>
>>2742771
>angry soulless husk noises
Hush now, adults are talking
>>
>>2742780
Why do you type like a redditor?
I think you are a faggot and should kill yourself.
>>
>>2742991
>r-r-reddit!
I wouldn't know
>>
File: 1690644846270624.png (372 KB, 599x591)
372 KB
372 KB PNG
People who act like predation is a beautiful thing are genuinely fucked in the head.
Oh yeah, hearing a dear screaming for hours as it's being slowly eaten alive bit by bit by a bear is such a beautiful thing.
People say "but herbivore overpopulation will destroy environments", but will it though, or will the breeding of herbivore just adapt to the limited resources?
The dodos of Mauritius seemed to do fine until people showed up.
>>
>>2743144
Herbivores overpopulate and they get shit like CWD and other epidemics when it happens.
We have some islands here where there are lots of hares, but the only predators left there are eagles.
Unless we hunt them enough, they overpopulate these islands and we get something we call hare plague, has happened many times, especially after mild winters.
Tip the balance of an ecosystem one way or the other, and you get cascading effects, we've known this shit for millenia.
>>
>>2743144
>never actually been out
I don’t know if predation is a beautiful thing or not but it is a necessary thing. It’s how ecosystems work. If you care about the environment and want a healthy ecosystem, then you need predators. Any the other answer is retarded bullshit.

And bears kill their prey quickly…
>>
>>2741481
daily reminder that you should acquire a handgun or revolver and the necessary permits to carry it if you live in the USA or any other gun-permissive country.
>>
>>2743144
>W-what do you mean Bambi DIES??? My Mom never let me see THAT part of the film!

This is OP. Sometimes the world is too real for you and you should learn to deal with that instead of getting pissy about nature like a city girl.
>>
>>2739595
Just as predators which are too successful can drive their own prey to extinction, prey animals that successfully destroy all their predators run the risk of over-breeding and depleting otherwise replenishable resources at an unsustainable rate.

We need no longer fear being eaten as a threat to our species, but bears and other large carnivores still help sustain a healthy ecosystem (eliminating sick and weak herbivores, limiting the spread of disease in herds and over-grazing and thus promoting forest growth), from which we benefit.
>>
>>2739595
Grizzlies still get killed and eaten by even more fearsome cougars, and we need them to help keep the wolves and coyotes in check who in turn keep the deer and elk from eating all the grass and trees until they die which prevents erosion and saves the beavers who help out the fish and migrating birds and so on and so forth. They’re part of the ecosystem, we should keep them there and just ducking deal with it. If they act a fool we make them into a rug and grind up their meat for well done hamburgers.
>>
File: 1711121176604666.png (158 KB, 700x500)
158 KB
158 KB PNG
This anon is mad as fuck because his oneitis said she would rather have sex with a bear and now he wants to kill all bears
>>
>>2744108
>Grizzlies still get killed and eaten by even more fearsome cougars

Citation needed
>>
>>2741481
>Didn't relax
smart man for once
>>
>>2739582
You'll need a .44 magnum for that
>>
>>2744965
Is this satire?
Honestly can't tell.
>>
>>2745026
>he doenst carry a .45 acp revolver in his prison wallet at all times
>>
>>2745026
>You'll need a .44 magnum for that
/k/ here, this is fuddlore, you don't. They're not armor plated. Basically any normal handgun will work fine. These guys keep a running tally:
>https://www.ammoland.com/2023/11/handgun-defenses-against-bears-170-documented-incidents-98-effective/
>https://www.ammoland.com/2024/05/bear-defense-with-handguns-update-20-more-cases-98-effective/
Shot placement is more important than caliber, and indeed a bigboolet will make that harder for most people since it'll be more recoil and more expensive ammo to train with.
>>
if you kill a predator and are not a farmer youre the biggest faggot on planet eart and are killing the only life forms on EARTH that are more akin to you than any other. and i wish i could hunt YOU
>>
>>2744100
>We need no longer fear being eaten as a threat to our species, but bears and other large carnivores still help sustain a healthy ecosystem (eliminating sick and weak herbivores, limiting the spread of disease in herds and over-grazing and thus promoting forest growth), from which we benefit.
Grizzlies used to exist all the way down through Mexico. The environment is fine and they're not there anymore.
>>
>>2745411
This is an actual armchair outdoorsman.
Real men who live among grizz doesn't want them around. This goes back to the very first mountain men who existed in NA. Faggot.
>>
>>2744965
why are you on everyboard on every thread
stop following me
i already reported you on the axe thread
>>
>>2745416
>The environment is fine
Lol
>>
>>2739570
I go innawoods that has Bears, Wolves, Cougars, Moose, sometimes a Canadian. I am more than fine and happy to be in their territory, if the animal does try to fuck with me and I can't kill it with my rifle, pistol or a knife, then that animal bested me in combat, should be left alone and not put down.
>>
>>2745564
>bested me in combat
Giardia marches on
>>
>>2745600
I dunno how you got that, I always treat my water in some form or another.
>>
>>2745610
It's called a joke, anon. Do they not have those in canadastan?
>>
>>2745417
>Real men who live among grizz doesn't want them around
Bullshit. I live with griz. I want them around. All my nieghbors want them around. Some people want them more than others lol. but everyone understands their role and wants them around. Even the guys who want to hunt them want them around. Cattle ranchers dont want them poaching their livestock but as long as they dont they want them around.
>>
>>2745769
I don't know any cattle ranchers who give much of a shit about grizzlies though I'm sure they exist, but even in "higher numbers" they aren't generally much of a livestock threat by numbers and inclination. Wolf reintroductions are what are more controversial.
>>
>>2745875
>Wolf reintroductions are what are more controversial.
In Montana, grizzlies kill more livestock than wolves and mt lions combined- almost 2-1.
>>
>>2745910
But still tiny absolute numbers and that's with far more introduced far earlier. The real threat is coyotes going after baby livestock. Report I read for 2023 coverage period was
>wolves: 26
>mt lions: 33
>grizzlies: 82
Not 2-1 of the combined but more sure. However, same one from USDA said coyotes killed 1579. The big animals are flashy but there aren't many. Wolves are worrisome precisely because they're smaller and could be more of them if they came back in full force, though of course they might just not. Coyotes are already in full force, not mediagenic the same way a really big bear, dog or cat is but vastly more actual numbers.
>>
>>2745363
.44 has much greater stopping power
>>
>>2745923
>still tiny absolute numbers
for sure. considering there are 2 million cattle in the state.
>that's with far more introduced far earlier.
wut? Grizzlies were never "introduced". They have always been here.

>coyotes killed 1579.
>vastly more actual numbers
Yes. Because coyotes territory is the entire state while both wolves and griz are confined to about 10% of the state.
>>
>>2739584
If it’s a female with cubs you’re fucked dumbass
>>
>>2739607
Bears are scavengers you dipshit. They don’t keep rabbit populations down. So many faggots in here. Fuck bears. Fuck you.
>>
>>2739617
Go live with niggers faggot. Let them fuck your ass and give you aids. You gay ass faggot.
>>
>>2740644
>why are they?

Are you not fucking HUMA N YOU DUMB MOTHER FUCKER. FUCK YOU FUCKS ARE DUMB.
>>
>>2747432
Bear are opportunists and ominvores. They eat the eastiest available food source. They definitely kill others animals to eat.
>>
>>2745026
Bitch please.
>>
>>2747661
There's no chance a bear catches a rabbit. Don't be obtuse.
>>
File: Griz.jpg (419 KB, 1700x1133)
419 KB
419 KB JPG
>>2747678
I didnt say anything about rabbits. Dont be retarded
>>
>>2739602
why don't we use your same logic and kill the 13% too? or are you only wanting to get rid of something that does such a small fraction of killing even compared to the 13%
>>
>>2739570
This thread is still alive?
>>
>>2749071
I'm afraid it was killed by a bear
>>
>>2749079
It should have chosen the man
>>
>>2739602
I feel more kinship with a bear than I do with faggots like yourself
>>
>>2743989
>bears kill their prey quickly
No they don't, they just start munching. They might kill you accidentally if they sever something important, but no, bears don't go for the kill
>>
>>2739586
>Stay in an urban hellhole if you don't like being in the same place as animals that can kill you.
What if I'm getting /out/ because I live in a ghetto with homicidal apes (humans)?
>>
>>2739593
You know there's a species of great apes called HUMANS that can break the basement window and hold a gun to my pregnant belly?
>>
>>2739602
Enjoy your herbivore infestation
>>
>>2740647
that "nobody lived past 30 or 40" idea is pure bullshit based on a misunderstanding. look it up.. ancient humans lived about as long as we do, the average was just lower because infant mortality was so high. but they survived some wounds that we couldn't survive without modern medicine, and vice versa.
>>
>>2750475
>pregnant belly
Food babies don't count anon
>>
bunch of fag boys in here. kill bears anywhere near human areas. let them exist in designated wilderness areas, and let anyone who goes in there be aware.

we have the strength and the tools to protect our people from bears, something our ancestors would have gladly sacrificed themselves for. and many did, in vain. these faggots who have never gone outside and have some idealized view of nature's perfection, well it's ugly sometimes and also, we're part of nature. eliminating threats is not only natural, it's reasonable.
>>
>>2739620
>soundly melee us to death with ease and proactively seeks it out
you've never actually been /out have you? Almost all grizzly attacks are defensive in nature- they are either protecting themselves, their cubs or their food.

Protip: dont wake a grizzly from a nap by sneaking thru the woods.
>>
Despite being only 13% of the population, lone male black bears make up nearly 50% of fatal black bear attacks.
>>
>>2739612
Grizzly bears dont "proactively seek to engage inmelee" with humans though. Attacks are almost nil if you are in a group of three or more, and bluff charges are more common than real ones for loners or duos.

So you are dumb as well as a coward.
>>
>>2747678
>Theres no chance a bear catches a rab-ACK
https://youtube.com/shorts/PyrWusElgEA?si=J8qSDB-EoRth3fYJ
>>
https://youtu.be/w5UoyGO1Hwo?si=pcRTOP4c19wJUbgS
>>
>>2739612
>our natural right
This doesn't exist. That you think it does it a sign of how infected your mind has become.
>>
>>2739612
just show the bear your bussy tranny
>>
>>2750752
uh huh. all good til it ain't. I'm a tree hugging hippy but that doesn't mean I want to get eaten alive for no fuckin reason, or watch it happen to my family or friends, and there's nothing cowardly about that.
>>2750996
natural right is to kill them all because we have the strength and the tools to do so. letting any of them live after they were a plague on our ancestors is going against that. we shouldn't kill them all but there are many places we simply shouldn't allow them into. I'm more partial to wolves and cougars, at least they kill you before eating you.

I'm thinking a bunch of Europeans who already exterminated all the dangerous wildlife in their region are ITT preaching about how we should let them live. I've personally seen bears, wolves, mountain lions, and moose, and several other things. Bears are fucking scary like you can't understand. It's a deep, ancestral fear, because they used to fucking hunt us and still do sometimes. Being down with nature won't protect you from them. Any reasonable human would want to keep them far away.
>>
File: 01 (96).jpg (40 KB, 587x451)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>2739596
They’d have to evolve first. Might take some time.
>>
>>2751328
Sure I can. I have bears all around. I am well aware of the risks involved and take precautions accordingly. They are potentially dangerous. But they playing important role in the landscape in which I live and I need them to continue. You seem to want to eliminate them just because you’re scared of them. That’s pretty low brow shit.
>>
>>2751367
if I'm low brow, you're naive.
>>
>>2745407
/k/ is for people who don't own guns to circlejerk Ian McCollum meme knowledge. when a 10 foot monster weighing a ton plus is charging, your shot placement is gonna be shit. you aren't fucking John Wick, you aren't killing a grizz with a 9. hell, you probably aren't even stopping one with a .458, just wounding it enough to bleed it to death after it's already murked you.
>>
>>2750534
>bunch of fag boys in here. kill bears anywhere near human areas. let them exist in designated wilderness areas, and let anyone who goes in there be aware.
>we have the strength and the tools to protect our people from bears, something our ancestors would have gladly sacrificed themselves for. and many did, in vain. these faggots who have never gone outside and have some idealized view of nature's perfection, well it's ugly sometimes and also, we're part of nature. eliminating threats is not only natural, it's reasonable.
This guy gets it. Everyone else is an armchair hippy faggot
>>
>>2750752
>well as a coward.
>jUsT gO FiGhT tHe gRiZ bRo
>>
They hated OP because he was right
>>
>>2751554
most of the people on /k/ buy expensice guns that require expensive ammo and then shoot like one every few months and then shit on the guy with a .22LR that goes to the range more often and actutally participates in the hobby

it's hilarious because you could still own some cool guns like a 30-06 or a .308 and they'd still shit on you simply because you pissed them off one time.
It's pretty sad and funny
>>
>>2751620
>30.06 or .308
I keep my eye out for used ones whenever I'm at the gun store but all they ever have is obscure deer and varmint chamberings
>>
>>2751620
Those are calibers, not guns.

Thats like saying your shoe is a 12.
>>
>>2751626
ok, i guess i have no right to talk about guns even though i own a remington 30-06.

This gay shit right here is exactly what im talking about
>>
>>2751626
>acktually
You know what anon was saying and you are the problem with this website and the internet in general.
>>
anon why did you delete your post?
>>
File: IMG_7828.jpg (70 KB, 1280x720)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
>>2751634
what post anon?
>>
>>2751627
>>2751629
If you cant even discuss the most basic, basic terminology of a gun how can you discuss guns at all? Guns arent cool because of their caliber. I would never say "I have a .45, its the coolest!" I would say "my colt 1911 is the coolest". Get it?

Don't get offended because YOU'RE dumb. I didn't make you be dumb, your parents did that.
>>
>>2751639
I take back deleting my post
autistic people need to be eliminated
>>
File: IMG_7955.jpg (267 KB, 1024x1024)
267 KB
267 KB JPG
>>2751639
>"YOU'RE DUMB AND DONT PARTICIPATE IN MY HECKERONI COOL HOBBY WITH MY BABY YODA KEANU REEVes GUN THAT I CAN BARELY AFFORD TO SHOOT"

ok
>>
>>2751638
>>2751641
kek
I know plenty of autists in real life, including my gf and my brother, that are just fine. It's the terminally online ones that are insufferable and need to "touch grass."

>>2751639
It's like how some people prefer big dogs and others prefer small ones. How some people like big cars or small cars that go fast like sanic! This isn't a hard concept you sperg.
>>
>>2751647
No. It's not a hard concept which is why its stunning that you retards dont understand this. Fucking morons.
>>
>>2751651
>Those are calibers, not guns.
You were criticizing anon for referring to people having preferences in guns based on caliber.
>>
File: IMG_7865.jpg (71 KB, 600x678)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>2751651
>you dont understand my savant syndrome

no we understand you
we're just calling you retarded for being unaware of the fact that you dont have to be oddly specific

it's like guitar: "i prefer rosewood fret boards in comparison to maple"

not: "I PREFER 1958 GIBTOAN LESPAUL WITH THESE SPECIFIC HUMBUCKFUCKS THAT PRODUCE THIS EXACT BUZZING SOUND WITH THIS MUCH ATTUNATION AND THIS TYPE OF ADJUSTMENT ONLY THEN AND ONLY THEN CAN I PUT THIS ODDLY SPECIFIC SET OF STRINGS GUAGES ON MY GUITAR AND ONLY THEN WOULD ROSEWOOD FEEL GOOD"
>>
>>2751654
keklol good example but I doubt he will get it because he only listens to MIDI vidya music
>>
>>2751620
"one is none"
I don't disagree with anything you said, but I'm gonna say anyone who only owns one H&K or whatever and has fired less than 1k rounds doesn't count as a gun owner to me. also shoot in comps, not just range time. comps bring out the failures you'll never get in casual range play, and help you learn how to deal with them.

>>2751626
>>2751639
buddy, that's EXACTLY how we talk. especially when you only have one piece in that caliber, you always tend to refer to it by the caliber. it's my 458, it's not my "Stoner Arms .458 SOCOM AR-15 Upper Receiver." people in all groups of any hobby all tend to use shorthand, it's just basic human nature.
>>
>>2751657
>I don't disagree with anything you said, but I'm gonna say anyone who only owns one H&K or whatever and has fired less than 1k rounds doesn't count as a gun owner to me. also shoot in comps, not just range time. comps bring out the failures you'll never get in casual range play, and help you learn how to deal with them.

that's completely understandable simply because you participate in the hobby at a higher level.
That's like someone who does competitive archery saying they dont count weekend target archers as real archers which is something ive heard before
>>
>>2751450
No. I have grizzly bears on my property. I live with them daily. I’m well aware of the risks involved. I also have black bears wolves and lions. Should we kill all of them too? I’m not saying don’t ever kill a bear I’m just saying, don’t kill them needlessly only because you’re afraid of them. That’s caveman tier retardation.
>>
>>2751639
Colt makes 1911s in .22LR, 9mm, .38 Super, 10mm, and .45, and there are 6 barrel lengths available depending on caliber, 9 fire control variations, 12 frame choices, dozens of gripstock options, and dozens of finishes. Sure, Colt 1911 is more specific than .45, but it’s not actually specific and you’re just a larping fag because if you were actually an autist with a gun fixation, you’d know this.

For people who don’t have crippling mental problems, you can say caliber (.45), action type (1911), or brand (Colt) and that will be enough for all normal purposes, unless you are talking about a specific gun in a collection of guns and not just one fucking gun in general. My 1911 is a Kimber Series 1 Warrior Full Size Rail Pistol, but calling it that is unbearably faggy. It’s “my 45” or “my 1911”. Maybe “my Kimber” to a fellow traveler or “a Kimber Warrior” to someone who asks for more specifics when I use one of the previous epithets.
>>
>>2751686
>For people who don’t have crippling mental problems

JEJ
>>
>>2751668
Well I agree that we shouldn't kill them needlessly, we just disagree on where the line of need vs needless lies.
>>
Aren't grizzlys already like super low pop in most of the US?
>>
>>2751639
Bait
>>
>>2751626
I specifically refer to my shoe by size because I'm not a fashion fag
>>
>>2751771
There are about 2000 in lower 48
>>
>>2751771
>Aren't grizzlys already like super low pop in most of the US?
They were, because real men back in they day attempted to eliminate a threat that enjoys eating it's meals alive. Then sheltered armchair hippies decided it would be nice to let them multiply once again because of disney movies or some shit. Now their populations are becoming too concentrated, so there are more human interactions. Yet they won't even take the monsters off the threatened species list. Because they're hippies. Living in civilization has built up a fantasy world in their heads about the wild. They view it as a vehicle for social media picture posts. Meanwhile, people will continue to die, and in greater numbers.
>>
>>2751808
>memetake
>t.seething tranny
Checks out
>>
>>2751657
Wrong, idiot. Go on /k/ right now and try "discussing" your guns without referring to them by ANYTHING except their caliber. Go ahead, do it. You won't, because it's fucking retarded and you know that.
>>
>>2751914
>implying what those autists do is standard behavior
>>
>>2751808
> their populations are becoming too concentrated, so there are more human interactions
>not acknowledging that there are more humans in their habitat than ever before and more humans building on the edge of their habitat.
>>
>>2751808
>Meanwhile, people will continue to die, and in greater numbers.
Good.
>>
>>2751955
wow the edge
you have to be 18 to post here
>>
What exactly is the purpose of them? We can control game populations with ease, ourselves.
>>
>>2743989
>And bears kill their prey quickly…
Someone post the video of the girl calling her mom while being eaten alive
>>
>>2743989
>it's my natural instinct to assume x kill their prey quickly because humans do
>>
>>2745407
For me it's a M1 rifle cause I want to look effay when i'm innawood
>>
>>2745407
>the /k/ tard doesnt take into account that the average person doesnt spend every waking hour dry firing and gooning to the thought of going to the range
>>
>>2739570
>Be OP
>Be a pussy
>OH MAH GAWD SOMEONE PROTECT ME FROM THE TEDDY BEARS
>>
>>2753247
>no concept of what an ecosytem is
>>
>>2739570
We should kill everything that’s not human. I do mean everything. All bacteria, plants, animals, and anything else. It’s all too dangerous. Pave the entire surface with concrete. Only then will humanity be safe.
>>
>>2739586
>Thats the normal state of life in the woods. Why should you be entitled to anything else?
Because I am a human being. I am at the top. I rule this planet.
>>
>>2754156
>I rule this planet
>he said from his shitty apartment that he has to spend 40+ hours a week away from to afford having in the first place
>>
>>2739595
I wish humans still had predators. We should invent a predator species specifically to release into India, Mexico and US urban centers
>>
>>2739570
Cus they are cute
>>
>>2754156
If you’re crying about the presence of big predators making it scary to go out, then clearly you’re not at the top
>>
Keep your guns, I’m gonna pet that bigass dog
>>
>>2754156
damn he's about to do bjj on a grizzly bear
>>
>>2742584
>Go into a predators hunting ground during mating season
I will and I will assert dominance by fucking their women
>>
>>2756263
quality content anon. maybe you should go outside while its still summer and before school starts again.
>>
File: images(1).jpg (14 KB, 218x231)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>2756272
>>
File: grizzly_elk-4.jpg (186 KB, 900x600)
186 KB
186 KB JPG
>>2756281
well, theres' fun and then there's innane bullshit.
>>
File: 1716125805666499.jpg (4 KB, 206x188)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
>>2739602
what are you saying anon
>>
>>2739570
I would rather kill you than kill a grizzly
>>
>>2739586
>Almost everything is in constant danger of being eaten by something else. Thats the normal state of life in the woods. Why should you be entitled to anything else?
This is the most reddit shit I've ever read on this board. You are a guaranteed out of shape neckbeard redditor retard.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.