[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: bellyboat.jpg (47 KB, 800x800)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>Bellyboat (pic related)
>Fishing kayak
>Full boat

I'm done with being a bankcuck. Gonna buy a boat.
Which one is ideal price/performance wise? Mostly fish canals but want to fish lakes more often. I'm mostly hesitating between kayak and bellyboat I'd only consider a full boat if y'all tell me the other options suck. Any other options I'm missing?
>>
>>2741584
>dangling your feet in the water the whole time
what is the point
>>
>>2741602
Hands free for fishing
>>
>>2741611
Would you otherwise be using your feet to fish?
>>
File: the modern fisher.jpg (812 KB, 1079x1078)
812 KB
812 KB JPG
>I don't know Tom, I don't think people will pay $500 for a floaty...
>Just say its for fishing, Bob. They'll pay.
>>
File: 92020569005.jpg (607 KB, 2048x2048)
607 KB
607 KB JPG
Try thinking of other things you can do with each choice.
>boat
Fish, take people swimming, pull people on tubes, have sex, go fast, go far, piss and shit like a human. Take a nap. Sit, stand, lay. Access to shade. Oceans. Rivers. Lakes. Throw fish in a cooler.
>kayak
Fish. Paddle. Pedal. Sit. Cook in the sun. Be a loner. Get knocked over by boats. Lose fish. Piss and shit in your pants only.
>float tube
Be alone. Look like a fag. Have cold legs. Piss and shit your pants without being able to reposition or remove them. Get knocked around by tiny waves. Drop shit and lose it forever. Still water only.
>>
>>2741625
Bubba needs a camping chair strapped to a paddle board
>>
>>2741625
>buy boat
>take out big loan to pay for boat, new car to tow it
>montly gas fees and maintenance
>>
>>2741616
500 is pretty much near the top end, and thats still cheaper than most entry level kayaks
>>
>>2741602
>>2741613

Your feet are the propulsion in those.
>>
>>2741613
>>2741602
you wear swimming fins to propel yourself. like the paddle on a kayak (or those bycicle drive kayaks) + you wear a wetsuit
>>
>>2741584
Depends on the type of water and surf you are dealing with, but
boat = a hole in the water you throw money into

Canoe would be my first option, followed by float tube, then a zodiac or something.
>>
>>2741736
Mostly canal and lake, freshwater. How easy are kayaks to transport though? I assume floattubes are easiest because inflatable.
>>
>>2741642
>>2741714
youre going to have pretty wrinkly toes by the end of the day then
>>
>>2741850
>wrinkle toes
Bro has never heard of a wetsuit.
>>
File: IMG_20240520_132007.jpg (3.91 MB, 4096x3072)
3.91 MB
3.91 MB JPG
>>2741584
Depends exactly what you wanna do.
For the most part, I think kayak is the most versatile. You don't need a whole trailer setup to transport it. You can even get an inflatable one which makes it even easier. I don't really see the advantages of the floaty chair other just goofing around. It's probably fun but kayak is more effective. With a kayak you can also get into areas a boat can't, like in weedy areas, narrower streams, or places that don't have a proper launch.
Kayaks have a much lower barrier of entry, you can even get started with an inflatable one for like $150.
The only reason I'd want a boat is because you can't really bowfish fish from a kayak, but you can blowgun fish from one. Pic rel. Just be careful with sharp hooks and darts around an inflatable.
>>
>>2741854
Waders I mean waders I'm retarded
>>
>>2741856
>blowgun fish
that is cool how did I never hear about that before

>Just be careful with sharp hooks and darts around an inflatable.
Yeah I wouldnt trust fishing in those personally, one bad cast and you're done for.

>I don't really see the advantages of the floaty chair other just goofing around.
What I can think of is smaller form factor and since propulsion comes from your feet you always have your hands free as opposed to a kayak.
>>
>>2741854
>wetsuit
im not a pussy baby who needs to wear a neoprene diaper to swim in the ocean. i swim naked like god intended
>>
depending where you live and your finances, a small 8-14 ft john boat or a fishing kayak would be my recommendation. Those tubes would be ok for some things but i think it would get old fast. ive fished and duck hunted with my 10 footer for decades.
>>
>>2741886
>john boat
At that point you need a trailer also no? why not get a bigger boat then or do john boats have other advantages?
>>
>>2741625
why on every board no matter what, there's always a schizo faggot making retarded posts like this
>>
>>2742079
it used to not be like this
well i mean not as bad.
shit really changed around 2016 that qanon larp shit really brought a lot of people to this website that never left. a lot of people with serious mental issues or just straight up autistic.

like real shit the best solution to these people since they seem to be taking over the internet is just get online less, sadly
>>
>>2741584
Tube-boats and kayaks are fine if you don't mind being constantly wet, and are able to carefully manage your equipment. You have little to no margin of error if you fumble-finger tying on that jighead when in a tube or many kayaks.
I'm now looking at a smaller (14' max) boat for the waters in my area. Something I can stick in the back of my truck for a daytrip, or trailer if I'm going camping.

>>2741736
>Canoe would be my first option,

This man is ahead of the curve already. Especially a smaller square stern.
>>
>>2742214
sad state of affairs
>>
>>2742222
>>2741736
>Canoe would be my first option

Idk where y'all are at but canoes are fucking expensive
>>
>>2742781
row boat with a 5mph motor
>>
>>2742214
>straight up autistic
It's terrible. We can't have hardly a single thread without at least one of them jumping in and sperging all the way to post limit about how we all have to change the way we do things so that they can have a happy stim or whatever faggy shit. Really makes a good case for eugenics.
>>
File: s-l1600 (6).png (2.09 MB, 1600x745)
2.09 MB
2.09 MB PNG
>>2741584
dave scadden makes some nice inflatables. check him out
>>
>>2742785
dont even get me started.
They sperg out as if it's 2016 again and acting like that is acceptable behavior again.
It was on 4chan in 2016 but nowadays they just seem annoying. A lot of normal ass discussion just goes out the window and they dont even respond properly they just sperg out and attack something that barely has anything to do with what you posted about
>>
>>2741584
Kayak seems like the sweet spot. very buoyant and relaxing to operate, decent spine support and you can carry it to/from a car pretty easily. And a lot cheaper than a boat.
>>
>>2742806
There is some guy that pops up in my recommended that put a motor on his kayak. it was pretty cool
>>
File: threehundoGrumman.jpg (146 KB, 540x960)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
>>2742781
Kentucky, I see ugly canoes for $200.00 and rowboats for even less.
Looking right now at a square stern Grumman canoe in Bowling Green for $300.00.
>>
>>2742875
Derp, enlarged that image, it's not a square stern.
Oh well, still a good deal.
>>
>>2741637
You can get a new sit on for less than 300 usd around here
>>2741846
Any car with a roof rack can transport a 9ft kayak. Most of them are light enough you can throw them up there yourself. If I was gonna go inflatable it would be for a really light pack raft that I could backpack with and float through inaccessible canyons
>>
>>2742785
>a good case for eugenics

and you arent wrong.
All the people that are having kids nowadays are people that have no legacy whatsoever. People with actual skills, intelligence and wisdom to pass down are having less kids than people who's legacy is powerwatching anime or grinding on a video game.
>>
rowboat
they are free if you borrow one super early and return it to the owner before they wake up.

i live on lake, and many people have their homes on the lake as purely a summer residence.
during fall, spring, winter? the houses are abandoned. free boat.
during the summer? the houses are occupied, but the city folk who live there wake up super late at around 8am, which gives me 3 hours of fishing time with their boat before they wake up and notice it is gone

the one time i was caught, i gave them fish as a gift of apology.

but, in essence, all boat are free so long as owners are asleep, and that you return before they wake up.
similar to how, the gnome who will enter your house to borrow your kitchen ingredients and appliance, will use it very carefully only when you sleep.
>>
>>2743022
>rowboat they are free if you borrow one super early and return it to the owner before they wake up.
>all boat are free so long as owners are asleep

"borrow" what you are describing is theft
>>
>>2743094
i like to call it borrow. but you call it however you like, whatever floats your boat
haha get it
>>
File: 1698359597671.jpg (76 KB, 720x720)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>2741584
packrafts are fun. If you wanna mix hiking/paddling/fishing together
>>
File: PXL_20220702_163708763.jpg (3.59 MB, 4032x3024)
3.59 MB
3.59 MB JPG
>>2741856
Anything that gets you on the water is awesome
>>
>>2743022
> but the city folk who live there wake up super late at around 8am

They must have real jobs. The fudgie scum I remember dealing with were usually not out of their fetid warrens before noon.
>>
>>2743211
some are more ideal than others
>>
get an intex inflatable and put a plywood bottom and a cheap trolling motor on it

best investment I ever made, cost me like $350 and an afternoon for the entire setup
>>
>>2743211
I dunno, the pic in OP's original post is like the water craft version of a clown car. The idea of sitting in a big inflatable chair with my legs dangling down underwater, but of course with maximum storage boxes, is hilarous.
>>
File: PXL_20240615_160534566.jpg (1.99 MB, 2268x4032)
1.99 MB
1.99 MB JPG
>>2744033
Well that thing is meant to have oars so it must be possible to get it to going, I know I row faster then I paddle, albeit when i row it is in a better vessel then an armchair
>>
File: 1692166301259.jpg (455 KB, 1439x1961)
455 KB
455 KB JPG
>>2742896
>Any car with a roof rack
This is any car if you use something like pic rel, which are cheap, universal, and stupidly easy to install and remove as needed.
>>
>>2741584
Ozark Trail one-person inflatable raft and a 100HP motor
>>
>>2741862
>hands free as opposed to a kayak
I just use an anchor on my kayak. Find a spot, drop anchor, and enjoy.
>>
>>2741584
>a fucking floatie
>toddler dining chair included
>>
File: Float-Tubes.jpg (40 KB, 1024x768)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>2746278
They're pretty fucking dope, my man.
>>
>>2741584
I grew up fishing in the these. Get the fins that fold back so you can move forwards instead of flippers that push you back. They fold back when you kick forwards. I always used complete tubes, not the open front style. Spent hundreds of hours bass fishing on mine. Pistol grip rods are nice.
>>
>>2741856
>The only reason I'd want a boat is because you can't really bowfish fish from a kayak
>>
>>2747610
>boyfriend holding the stern cropped out
>>
>>2747681
You can stand on SOT kayaks, anon. Fishermen do it all the time.
>>
>>2747684

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.