[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: notenough.jpg (70 KB, 613x822)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
I've slowly been replacing my starting gear, as my stuff has become smaller my 70L rucksack is way too large now, What do you recommend in the 50L range for hopefully less than £100.
Bought pic related and things are a bit snug.
>>
ive really like my Osprey aether 55L anti-grav
but if you overload the weight by even a liiiitle bit it will squeak with every step driving you fucking insane, and the side water bottle pockets are retarded
>>
>>2745894
>>
>>2745894
>le obligatory backpack thread
I use an Osprey Kestral 48Liter for shorter trips which replaced my 70L years ago.
Euros love shitting on Osprey so maybe a Fjällräven --that gets spammed here all the time too.
>>
File: hpg-ute-light.jpg (96 KB, 1000x1000)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
/out/ is a Hill People Gear board, they recently released a lightweight version of their "Ute" backpack, which is lighter than the comparable options from osprey, mystery ranch, and most of the other big packmakers.

Osprey is for normalfaggots and citydwellers.
>>
>>2747706
Old osprey is good. The new stuff is pretty same same with a lot of other stuff on the market now.
Gregory is amazing but way overpriced.

That pack is also the shittiest one they make m8. Just like every other manufacturer: not all their stuff is good just because a lot of it is.
>>
>>2745894
yuppies sell great, lightweight gear at a fraction of retail after one or two nights use. Durston Kakwa 55 is good. I got a Gossamer Gorilla 50 for $125 and it was virtually unused
>>
>>2747709
>That pack is also the shittiest one they make m8.

IDK man, I have one and the few times I've used it it has been excellent, no discernible quality difference from the full-weight ones that I could tell.
>>
>>2747728
We'll agree to disagree.
If they removed that giant pocket on the back it would be a million times better.
I've compared this exact pack to my Kestrel and it was total shit compared to the Kestrel--the weight distribution is horrible.
>>
>>2745894
Kelty’s 50L bags are solid
>>
>>2745894
Kelty, Deuter, Osprey, Gregory, Mystery Ranch

There ya go just named 5 brands that have good packs. I prefer the MR packs for carrying heavy shit, they distribute the weight to your hips better than the others IMO

With that being said I haven’t tried a hill people gear pack, but have heard they distribute weight well too. I would stay away from the hyperlite fad packs. Unless you are going super light they will put too much weight on your shoulders and you’ll have a tough time. I see people going ice climbing with their packs and it just seems ridiculous, since the ice climbing gear is so heavy and sharp, not sure why you’d want a pack like that for ice cragging
>>
>>2748522
I've had several of these and I gotta say even though the brand is good not all of their packs are good. This has more to do with torso size but in some cases the packs just carry weight badly.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.