[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

>be black bear
>see a nature park built directly in the middle of my forest
>wander around the place looking for food
>see a woman, run away scared shitless
>get a fucking hit squad send out to euthanize me
>die and enter a higher plane of existence
>mfw humans on the other side of the continent heard about my death and are talking about how scary I was and how they would shoot me faster if they saw me in person
wtf?
>>
>>2747858
>go outdoors
>have non threatening encounter with wildlife
>kill it
Many such cases. Whether or not someone kills something like a snake or spider that’s minding its own business and is not threatening anything is a good test for whether or not they deserve to be treated as human
>>
>>2747858
Nature is anathema to modern society.
>>
>>2747869
This. I taught my kids from the earliest age to be careful, not afraid, when it comes to rattlesnakes, scorpions, tarantulas, etc. that frequently inhabit our yard.
>>
>>2747858
Fuck this shit. TWRA is too biased toward protecting humans. If some Karen gets maimed by a black bear it's her own damn fault.
>>
>>2747884
If a person feeds a bear they should kill the person, not the bear.
>>
>>2747881
>allowing rattlesnakes in your yard where your kids play
imagine virtue signaling so hard that your kid dies because of it
>>
>>2747893
You let Mexicans in your yard too?
>>
>>2747895
>>dad there's a wolf in the backyard
>just be careful bro
>*goes back to playing vidya*
>>
>>2747905
>tame it or get eaten by it timmy, your choice
Based
>>
>>2747869
Exhibit A: >>2747890
>>
>>2748050
Yes, I kill deadly predators on my property that would be a threat to my family. That's called being a man you hippy faggot. Life isn't a Disney movie.
>>
>>2748053
>a small animal that wants nothing to do with you and has a built in early warning system to let you know not to get close is a deadly predator
It’s a snake, not a lion. Killing something that weighs 10 lbs doesn’t make you a man you self aggrandising chimp
>verification not required
>>
>>2748053
>>2748055
inb4 this is a florida guy getting chastised for killing pythons by a european
>>
>>2748059
>killing pythons
Rattlesnakes. Nobody mentioned pythons
>by a european
Try Australian. The snakes here are ten times more toxic than a rattlesnake and aren’t kind enough to have an early warning alarm built in, still haven’t ever needed to kill one
>>
>>2747888
Trips of truth
>>
File: 4308.jpg (429 KB, 1195x1457)
429 KB
429 KB JPG
>>2747881
It’s apparent that it doesn’t matter if the animal is even dangerous in the first place, people will kill them simply out of hatred
>>
>>2748055
Put the onions down, bro.
>>
>>2748069
>local man dies after rattlesnake he "rescued" strangles him to death
>>
>>2747905
single wolf isnt dangerous
>>
>>2748072
>rattlesnake
>strangles him to death
Have you gone outside, ever?
>>
>>2748083
I knew some autist would jump on this the second I hit submit. It elicits a more humorous image than biting. It's a joke. Relax.
>>
>>2748085
>i was only pretending
Yeah yeah you sure got me.
>>
>>2748086
>beep boop
>>
>>2748083
>>2748083
This is /out/ nobody goes outside. The fact there are people here who apparently can’t stand the existence of wildlife is proof of that
>>
>>2748097
>don't allow dangerous predators on your property where your children play
>y-you hate all wildlife!
hysterical woman
>>
>>2748099
You feel threatened by a snake, you’re in no position to say that about anyone you fairy cunt. Cope harder
>>
>>2748102
>you do your job as protector of your family
Yes.
>>
>>2748103
Teaching your children to fear wildlife that poses barely any threat means you’re a failure as a father. Stay in your pod if you’re so afraid of what’s outdoors
>>
>>2748069
Subhuman behaviour
>>
>>2748106
>let rattlesnakes take up residence in your yard
>4 year old accidentally steps on one
>gets bit
>dies
hey man at least you were based i guess
>>
>>2748106
This has to be bait. You think rattlesnakes don't pose a threat to children?
>>
>>2748109
If your yard has enough garbage in it to allow rattlesnakes to take up residence and you’re allowing your 4 year old to play outside unsupervised then you’re a worse father than I thought
>>
>>2748111
the inevitable goalpost moving of your retarded argument is here, right on cue
>>
>>2748110
>1% fatality rate in children aged 1-15
Not no threat, but not a deadly threat either
>>2748113
That’s not goalpost moving. But if you apparently have rattlesnakes swarming your yard so much they pose an unavoidable threat and you have no choice to kill them then your yard must be that of a filthy hoarder, otherwise there is no scenario where getting close to the snake to chop it up with a shovel is less risky than letting it move on
>>
>>2748117
I'm not waiting for it to move on. This is my land. That nigga is dead the moment I lay eyes on it.
>>
>>2748072
That’s a coppermouthed rattle moccasin retard
>>
>>2748111
>child dies of rattlesnake bite
>B-B-BUT I KEPT MY YARD CLEAN

I’m killing any venomous snake I come across within any reasonable traveling distance of any child.

>but we invaded the snakes space and built homes on its land

The snake was born like 2 weeks ago. There’s been 100,000 generations of this snakes lineage since the building of my house it can fucking cope
>>
>>2748117
>my child survives
>$1,358,420.69 hospital bill for precautionary antivenom treatment
>but at least I didn’t kill the widdle snek
>>
>>2747895
You don’t understand, if you let a rattlesnake come onto your property for even five minutes it will chase down your children and murder them in cold blood. I should know, my uncle Billy Bob was chased by a nest of water moccasins he walked past and they’ve been crossbreeding with rattlesnakes recently
>>
>>2748124
It’s not fair to blame the failure of the US healthcare system on the snake
>>
>>2748075
To a child it is.
>>
>>2747895
It's obvious you are not a parent.
>>2748127
What actually happens is that kids play and run around having fun and accidentally startle the snake, which reacts defensively and delivers a deadly venomous bite. Training kids to stay calm and patient when encountering a wild animal has nothing to do with allowing a dangerous one to linger in a play area.
>>
File: bear-vs-anaconda.jpg (65 KB, 860x447)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
It is just me, or has this thread gone from a bear thread to a snake thread in under 60 seconds?
>>
>>2748142
>delivers a deadly venomous bite
A typically mild bite* and that’s if it bites. Rattlesnakes aren’t aggressive, nor are they easy to miss with the whole rattle thing. The snakes here are much more dangerous than rattlesnakes and we never had a problem with them
>Training kids to stay calm and patient when encountering a wild animal has nothing to do with allowing a dangerous one to linger in a play area
And putting yourself at risk to kill a snake that could easily be avoided is pointless. If the snake is lingering in the area then you have allowed your yard to become suitable habitat, which must be changed if you’re so concerned about snake bites. If the snake is present somewhere the child would play then you should not be letting the child play there for the moment regardless of whether or not the snake is killed since rattlesnakes are communal and there is likely to be more. If the child has been bitten already then there’s no reason to do anything other than take them to a hospital. I fail to see any scenario where killing the snake is necessary
>>
>>2748153
I'm going to find a rattlesnake and kill it just because of your stupid posts itt
>>
>>2747858
A normal black bear wouldn't approach humans at all. Your black bear tried to crawl into a concession stand with people in and around it and only ran once they tried to scare it off. It's going to be killed because retards have been feeding it human food and it's becoming dependent on it and normalizing humans being around.
>>
>>2748287
Also if you watched the video the bear attempted to even attack the worker. Once again, something a normal black bear wouldn't try. You have only yourself to blame for this bear's issues.
>>
>>2748169
Sure you will tough guy
>>
>>2748287
>>2748288
I knew there was more to this story than the headline let on. You retards should know better than to get all hysterical over a headline.
>>
>>2748313
>headline let on that a bear was in a concession stand
>real story is a bear was in a concession stand
The only thing that would have surprised me is if the bear had been selling concessions instead of stealing them
>>
>>2748169
Based.
>>2748304
Shut up, homo.
>>
>>2748117
>Not no threat, but not a deadly threat either
Adult rattlesnakes try to flee from people. If they bite, it's because they're cornered, and they usually use a tiny amount of venom.
Baby rattlesnakes don't. They use an enormous amount of venom, and if you get bitten by one, you're fucked.
>>
>>2748323
>Baby rattlesnakes don't. They use an enormous amount of venom, and if you get bitten by one, you're fucked
This is a myth. Baby snakes are just as capable of controlling the amount of venom they inject as adults are, and adults have massively higher venom yields
>>
>>2748317
>bears these days don't want to pull their weight
>>
>>2748449
what kind of asshole would spread this kind of false information? there's one group I like to blame for this kind of thing but this time I'm not sure
>>
>>2747858
>>get a fucking hit squad send out to euthanize me
This only happens if the bear hurt someone. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bear-euthanized-concession-stand-anakeesta-park-tennessee/

And Anakeesta is a fucking theme park. If a bear wandered into your suburb, you'd be first in line to gun it down.
>>
Stealth bumpy
>>
>>2748148
imagine if bears were snakes
>>
>>2747881
Not be afraid as in go up to them and make friends or not be afraid as in kill them and dispose of them? Because the former seems pretty retarded considering the nature of rattlesnakes.
>>
>>2748129
Life isn't fair. The snake will die and it will become dust. And another snake will be born. The cycle of unfairness and cruelty of nature continues.
>>
>>2747890
Have you considered not raising retards?
>>
>>2752991
Don't tell that to the anon keeping a bird prisoner so he can "save it", kek
>>
>>2753011
Why havent you killed yourself yet
we're all waiting for it
>>
>>2753011
The thumbnails all look like shit from gitmo; it's depressing.
>>
>>2752604
So giant otters with bear arms and legs long enough to constrict a deer and swallow it whole?
>>
>>2750877
It’s just one of many old myths that’s been perpetuated. Like the cottonmouth that chased billybob, the python that starved itself because it was sizing up its owner or venomous snakes interbreeding with non-venomous snakes
>>
>>2747869
The ducks at the park are free. You can take them.
>>
>>2747869
My grandpa always made the rattlesnakes he killed into belts
>>
>>2748061
What do you have to kill them with a nerf sword
>>
>>2754432
You say that as if anything more than a shovel is necessary to kill a snake
>>
>>2747858
Tbh this seems like something /out/ would do
>>
>>2747858
>bear encroached on human territory (in a city no less)
>attacked a worker
What did you expect?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pUqTB2bgYAo
>>
>>2747869
Just American things.
>>
>>2747888
>If a person feeds a bear they should kill the person, not the bear.
If a person is whats feeding a black bear I don't think they are alive anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.