[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Is it worth it to go to Death Valley in July?
>>
>>2753214
No.
>>
that's where the undertaker lives
>>
>>2753214
I kind of want to go there just to feel what it's like.
>>
>>2753246
You can feel the exact same thing by going to Arizona. Exact same temperature right now.
>>
if you want to find out why it's called death valley sure
>>
>>2753214
>worth it
depends on where you find value.
>>
>>2753246
Turn on an oven and stick your head inside. That's what it feels like.
>>
>>2753424
I was in an attic the other day that was about 125. I would not recommend.
>>
>>2753214
Yes
>>
>>2753214
https://youtu.be/o5EVC3rgJ-o?si=FZcsM2cVpx_6lOjN
>>
>>2753277
Doubt. The other day it was 107F in Tucson and 127F in Death Valley.
>>
>>2753246
I went there in the middle of July 2001 when it hit 119 degrees. It felt awesome for about 15 minutes and then I fucked off back to my air conditioned car.
>>
>>2753246
>>2753277
>>2753864
It's just like standing too close to a campfire, but you can't escape. It's marginally tolerable if there's wind but when the air is still you literally have minutes before it's too much, you have to stay moving to keep sweat evaporating. it's all the same above about 108, you just can't do it for any meaningful length of time. You can spend a few minutes in the sun and retreat to shade, but you'd be feeling pretty shitty in even half an hour unless you're taking other measures like wetting yourself or constantly sipping cold water or misting or whatever. I moved a wood pile the other day while the air was still and felt like I was going to die but then I started pressure washing and felt great.
>>
How big of a concern is it to your car being there? How dangerous driving alone?
>>
>>2756573
Watch the temp gauge, may have to turn off the a/c or worst case turn the heater on, but if your car is in good shape it should not be a big problem. I wouldn't go adventuring off the road alone. If you broke down and lost your a/c 5 miles from the highway with little water you're suddenly in a lot of trouble. If you're just driving on the highway and break down you have a pretty good chance of getting picked up
>>
>>2756582
Oh yeah I would just drive through the main road to the ranger station or wherever you see in pictures, then back to the state highway that runs north/south

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.