[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

You guys wouldn't do this, would you?
>>
>>2754118
I bet he purposefully went off trail to make them feel guilty. It's NH, nothing there can kill you and every normal person has gps on their phones now a days to see where they are.
>>
>>2754171
>now a days
>>
Bad hiking group. Slowest is supposed to set the pace.
>>
>>2754118
im guilty of doing the thing where i motor ahead and then rest while the slowpokes behind me take forever to catch up then just as they do i speed off again to the next spot. not my fault that i have put in the years of grueling training to be fit enough to actually walk places. it blew my mind the other day how my coworker was shocked how i routinely walk 30 minutes to the grocery store rather than driving. THIRTY MINUTES are you kidding me. these are the kind of people we have to live with..
>>
>>2754118
I usually run a head, drop my gear, come back and carry their shit.
>>2754192
This. If someone is noticeably fatter than the rest of the group the very first thing you should do is distribute their gear--they shouldn't have any cookware or tent and let someone else carry their water (assuming someone has a filter and water is available at the destination)
>>
>>2754171
>she doesn't know about the horseflies

RIP
>>
>>2754118
this board is exclusively occupied by scum who say they'd do that but are actually the person lagging behind.
>>
>>2754120
Does this help make them better people, or does it make them worse?
>>
Nah. I usually hike very slowly and stay in the back. Fast hikers/groups are kinda loud and don't enjoy nature.

I'm confident enough in my hiking abilities to do it alone. I understand if you want to make it to a campsite before dark though. It can be scary out there!
>>
>>2754118
I don't hike with fat people anymore.
>>
>>2754118
yeah no you do this shit on a proper mountain and somebody is going to die
>>
>>2754118
>"I-it's okay, heh, I'll be alright. I'm just t-tired..."
>*Goes missing*
>>
>>2754249
If you die to a fucking horsefly then you weren't mean to be going /out/ in mountains
>>
>>2754192
Nope. If someone is being a maggot, you carry his stuff. You carry the maggot yourself if need be. The pace shall not be compromised.
>>
>>2754192
>>2754325
Real fag shit.
>>
>>2754240
>the very first thing you should do is distribute their gear
Did this once, I'm not doing it again. If their dumbass brings it, they're stuck with it. I'll see them at camp.
>>
>>2754118
Everyone who goes on group hikes should know how to handle themselves solo, in all conditions, at all times of day and night. That slower hiker being left behind wouldn't have been a concern if he could've managed the rest of the hike by himself.
>>
>>2754302
And then you went home to an air conditioned home with refrigerated food and plumbing. Nice larp boomer faggot
>>
>>2754118
my friends do call me Mass Man
>>
File: 1701312130945092.gif (212 KB, 680x624)
212 KB
212 KB GIF
>>2754240
>cater to a fat retard

How about no
>>
File: 1720820514770752.webm (3.93 MB, 800x856)
3.93 MB
3.93 MB WEBM
>>2754400
If I choose to go /out/ with you it doesn't matter how fat or dumb or weak you are--I chose to deal with it.
>>
>>2754333
>digits
>>
>>2754118
Im from the area and this happens all the time.

PSA: If you're hiking in groups always have the slowest person lead. Anyone who disagrees with this is a fast autist who no one likes.
>>
>>2754302
Sounds like decent advice. Thanks for answering.
>>
>>2754428
If want to go fast, then go alone.
>>
>>2754118
I would never abandon you OP
>>
>>2754446
fast autist hands typed this
>>
>>2754118
No because
1. I'm from New Hampshire so they won't label me a tourist
2. I don't have any friends to hike with, I'm always alone
>>
>>2754171
> It's NH, nothing there can kill you
true, except lyme and rabies.

> and every normal person has gps on their phones now a days to see where they are.
Yeah but no signal in the woods and if you don't have downloaded maps it won't help.
>>
I unironically wouldn't. I'm generally a very fast hiker since thats what I enjoy with hiking, but ever since I was in the army and our 2nd lt. made me feel bad about me and two others leaving the rest of our team behind(this was our first ever exercise) I never did it again. It's a shitty thing to do, and its more virtous to stay behind and help, and its also important in case anything happens to the person, which is highly likely. It also helps me slow down and enjoy the hike instead of just speeding through it.
>>
>>2754444
Yes, I will make the spontaneous decision to continue along.
>>
>>2754505
>and if you don't have downloaded maps it won't help.
skill issue
>>
>>2754828
>Mindbroken by zogbotting many such cases
>having good courtesy is jewish
Not even pills will help you.
>>
>>2754118
>an entire group
>not even one to stay behind with the guy
Sounds like a bunch of faggots
>>
>>2754828
Well there are many things I dont agree with about the army, but I do agree with the concept of not leaving a person behind and only being as strong as your weakest member.
>>
>>2754118
The trees have claimed him, let him fight for his own life.
>>
>>2754118
Firstly, those are hills, second; anybody dumb enough to not carry a map and compass and know how to use them deserves to be gangraped by racoons.

Lol, east coasters.,
>>
>>2755249
Have a bump, fag
>>
>>2755249
Plus it's the east coast just was 50 feet to the nearest house
>>
>>2755304
>east coast just was 50 feet to the nearest house
>t. has never been outside of a major city
>>
>>2755315
There is no way to escape a major city on the east coast
>>
>>2755317
Pic related
>>
>>2755317
>>2755318
You literally have never been on the east coast, let alone outside your house from whatever shithole you live in if you think there are major cities everywhere and a house every 50 feet. This isn't even good bait. Like lmao, you need to be 18 and older to post here btw.
>>
>>2754505
>true, except lyme and rabies.
so hes still alive for the next month or so
>>
>>2755319
>Drive hours to a remote park
>Lol parks full bitch 90% of the population lives east of the Mississippi and this parks a 3 hour drive for 30 million.
>>
>>2755319
>>
>>2755340
The places worth living have fewer than 10 ec votes
>>
We need to put a stop to fat and weak people
>>
>>2755695
Ok, what's that got to do with population distribution relative to parks?

Up state Main is still 3 hours away for 30 million+. The entire population of the Seattle metro area is only 4 million. The total population between WA and OR is only around 12 million people and Main is 1/2 the size of WA.

I'm sure living in the rural areas is great but I'm talking about the amount of volume /out/ based on population and 90% of the US population lives not just east of the Mississippi but most of them live on the coast.
>>
>>2754118
Natural selection.
Don't be slow on mountain paths, it's rude,
>>
>>2754171
My Gps signal died on a public paved trail that is right next to people's houses. What makes you think it will be any better up in the mountains?
>>
>>2754214
30 minute walk for groceries is annoying honestly, physical fitness aside. Like driving 30 minutes for groceries is stupid too.
>>
>>2756020
>30 minute walk for groceries is annoying honestly
that's when you use your bike
>>
File: us-light-pollution-map.jpg (171 KB, 1065x599)
171 KB
171 KB JPG
>>2755319
eastoids always full of cope & seethe
>>
the slowest in the group should always be killed and eaten when reaching first camp
>>
>>2754192
im weaksauce from having an auto immune disease, but you wouldn't know it from looking at me. This is why I refuse all group hiking trips. I'd become such a liability.
>>
>>2754118
Yes

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.