[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Bought an intex sea hawk 3 and just tried out my new intex mariner 4. Used a 4hp outboard on it and holy crap it planed like something different.

It got really rocky out there and it was around class II currents but it just some how plowed through them. Thought I was'nt going to make it back to my car which was about 10 minutes away but it somehow made it. Worst that happened was I got wet.

How has this thing so strong?
>>
>>2755938
>It got really rocky out there and it was around class II currents

It manufactured as a white water raft. If you do research they can handle up to class 3.

This raft isn't a terrible model. My friend had one and it was just as solid as my newport vessell raft
>>
>>2755938
To be honest they're good for the price and pretty unique for their build i.e being able to smash through rough waters, how it sits like no other boats do

But don't expect to put anything more than a 4hp on it, hence why I bought a SIB form Boatworld which can handle 20 hp which smashed through anything
>>
good god. I hope you're wearing a life jacket
>>
>>2755938
I wouldn't recommend these intex boats.

I had a sea hawk 3 as well with a 2.5hp air cooled outboard which was basically a Honda trimmer with a propellor and I got stranded like it was some kind fo Bermuda triangle situation. I could go north western side of the river but when I tried to go the South Eastern direction id stop at a certain point and then my motor who switch off

It came down to the major fact that there was just too much drag on the boat and the engine also was not strong enough

Id get a Bris or something
>>
I have one of these they're pretty good, I put a 6hp and it's extremely fast. I have a custom made engine mount for it

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.