[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/out/ - Outdoors

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_2909.gif (140 KB, 724x800)
140 KB
140 KB GIF
I can’t for the life of me find a good series of online and free atlases for the Pacific Northwest.
I’m trying to collage several of them together to make a map for a project.
To my annoyance, Google Maps and Google Earths’ curvature means the snips I take don’t line up.
And all the free atlases are these tiny jpegs scanned from ancient books since they are the only ones not under copyright.

The jackpot would be good scans of the Nat Geo wall posters. But I’ll settle for something that has terrain and roads on them.
>>
>>2756325
Check your local library you ass hat
>>
>>2756342
Don’t live in the US, plan on vacationing there though.
>>
>>2756325
PNW is full, go visit the superior east coast.
>>
>hur dur I can't find any maps of the USA
The USA was literally founded by surveyors. The federal government will gladly sell you maps. USGS maps are cheap and easy to use.

I also just want to call you a faggot.
>>
File: 1719397712784565.png (936 KB, 693x912)
936 KB
936 KB PNG
>>2756351
this is a great book to read about the northwest survey if you can find a non-shit printed copy.
>>
>>2756325
What you're looking for is offered on the various state department of transportation websites
>Washington
https://wsdot.wa.gov/travel/printable-maps
>Oregon
https://www.oregon.gov/odot/data/pages/maps.aspx
>>
>>2756325
https://ngmdb.usgs.gov/topoview/viewer/#6/43.237/-116.774
>>2756345
They still have maps in non American libraries lad. Librarians can usually get stuff through interlibrary loan as well.
>>2756351
PNW dweller here--you wouldn't believe how many ukranians and russians and chinese I've met in the back woods.. probably 8 so far in the last 10 years.
>>
>>2756325
what a weird map to make abbotsford so prominent
>>
>>2756325
Caltopo if it's free if it still exists.
>>
>>2757217
it does and has scans of the US topos, which are pretty beautiful maps. It also has a good set of tools for exporting printable pdfs.
>>
>what is a gazetta
the wild life is gonna fuckin eat you.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.